After sales accessories?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a Ford approved rear bumper protector. Max my wonderful Shepperd/Husky cross is making a right mess of the rear bumper as he jumps in and out of the boot area.

I have mine on lease and dont want to be stung on the handover or get any warrenty problems.

Thanks for any help.

Ā 

MrTee

They look nice in place, but i wasnt happy that you had to drill through the car body to install them (that is what the instructions suggested and we checked them twice as we werent sure either). They are universal mudguards that can be used on the Excursion, Expedition and Escape as well as the Lincoln versions of those. The instructions inform you to drill out certain lettered holes and then use that as a template to drill the holes in the underside of the wheel arch. Not sure if i should use a sealant to stop any rust from water getting in there behind the flap and trapped though. There are 3 screws holding each flap in place, so hopefully that will be enough to hold it should anything hit it.

Try some clear or black silicone for sealing the holes. I'd put a dollop in each hole, spread a little around the outside of each hole, and some on the threads of each screw. That should seal it up nice & tight.

Is there a Ford approved rear bumper protector. Max my wonderful Shepperd/Husky cross is making a right mess of the rear bumper as he jumps in and out of the boot area.

I have mine on lease and dont want to be stung on the handover or get any warrenty problems.

Thanks for any help.

Ā 

MrTee

Yes,

Ā 

see above links.

Ā 

I saw all the stuff listed above and can add another useful item....a dash cover. I had one on my last vehicle, due to a slight reflection problem

Ā 

I don't think you can do a dash cover on the Edge because the passenger airbag deploys from the top of the dash...Correct?

Ā 

That would hinder the deployment of the bag in a crash..... :banghead:

On another note, we put the crossbars on this weekend. While putting them together shouldnt take all that long, the problem is you need a short wrench with a star head - or better yet an offset wrench to hold the head. The angle the screws make to the roofbars is towards the roof itself, so a regular wrench wont fit (unless you want to scratch the roof and misalign the screws). So that was what took the most time.

Ā 

Ā 

So 30 minutes is a fairly accurate estimate? :reading:

The front wheel always throws dirt up along the bottom side of the vehicle real bad. Just washing it and driving out of the car wash you would have the lower side dirty. I puchased the front mud guards and they were a great help. I also purchased a bug shield for the hood to help protect the hood from rock chips. I purchased them on the internet from partscheap.com/edge07.htm and installed them myself. Just a matter of drilling some holes. I installed the mud guards out a little further than the instructions said to get a little more protection.

post-382-1176129828_thumb.jpg

post-382-1176129858_thumb.jpg

I don't think you can do a dash cover on the Edge because the passenger airbag deploys from the top of the dash...Correct?

Ā 

That would hinder the deployment of the bag in a crash..... :banghead:

Ā 

You are incorrect, I just received one this weekend and layed it in place to check fit and color. The reason it works is becuase there is a cut-out seam that allows air bag deploy unobstructed. The fit is very good overall even with all the curves in the edge's dash! I ordered the velour fabric material as it does not look like carpeting like some of the dash covers. I do need to exchange my dash mat because of color (stone interior is not easy to match) but will post picture tonight before I exchange for another color. I will let everyone with stone interior know what matches well color wise once I get it right. The color swatches on the web make proper color match difficult. In addition, it does cut down on the glare issue that people are experiencing. It did wonders to upgrade the interior look, cut glare off dash, and soften the acousics in my last vehicle. The das cover in my edge does cut down on most of the reflection except for the defroster grates where you still get some reflection. The dash cover with a good pair of sunglasses should resolve this issue for everyone. I would stick with the mid to darker colors for better reflection midigation. [/size][/size]

post-77-1176173908_thumb.jpgpost-77-1176173895_thumb.jpgcd

:\[/img]

SVOMAN....I'll be checking in later for those pictures......I am very interested to see how that looks.

Ā 

Here are those pictures I promised. Please note that the mat is set in place as I did attach with the small adhesive strips that are pre-attached to the underside of the mat. I will be returning this one as I am hoping to get a little better color match. It looks pretty good but , I am hoping a darker brown may tie in better with the dark portion of the dash. Let me know if you are interested in knowing which color I settle on to go with stone interior. Hope it helps!

Ā 

P.S. Color shown is "Latte"

• 3 weeks later...
I did get a Ford part number for the black rubber rear bumper cover, it's (7T4Z*17B807*AA) for $55. I tried to get them to print screen but they were not able to do so, otherwise I would have uploaded the image.

Ā 

Ā 

Thank you for the part #. I have just installed this OEM piece on my edge. 10 minutes install taking your time...just beware that air bubbles are your worst enemy as this piece is very durable but also very flexible. Not as thick as I had imagined before actually seeing it.

Ā 

2141868310101139552FEHQNs_th.jpg

Ā 

2324603310101139552JwlctK_th.jpg

Thank you for the part #. I have just installed this OEM piece on my edge. 10 minutes install taking your time...just beware that air bubbles are your worst enemy as this piece is very durable but also very flexible. Not as thick as I had imagined before actually seeing it.

Ā 

2141868310101139552FEHQNs_th.jpg

Ā 

2324603310101139552JwlctK_th.jpg

Ā 

Hehehehe...Look at the cute lil doggie!!! Too adorable...

Love the rear bumper also!!!

:speedie:

Has anyone come across a cargo liner mat for the Edge? I got my all weather floor mats from www.herringtoncatalog.com but they do not have a liner for the Edge. I want to protect the carpet in the back since I do alot of gardening.

Ā 

Thanks!

Ā 

Ā 

Go to www.mats.com . They have many accessories for the Edge and MKX. The custom fit cargo mat is available in black, tan and gray. These are excellent products. I have had them in a number of vehicles and they all have been great. They also have colors besides black in all weather floor mats, so you do not have to go with the Ford black only ones if you don't want to.

• 2 weeks later...

Ā 

I saw all the stuff listed above and can add another useful item....a dash cover. I had one on my last vehicle, due to a slight reflection problem and found that it did wonders for the appearance and helped deaden interior noises as well. I highly recommend going with medium to dark colors to limit reflections. I have the stone interior which does generate a little glare on the dash. Due to the large defrost grille on the dash of the edge (location of most of the glare in my vehicle) I will have to see if that "cut-out" has any benefit on glare reduction. If nothing else it will quiet an already quiet interior. I was surprised to find this available so soon but, was thrilled to find it. I ordered the Dash mat from JC Whitney.com for $41 (Incl. Shipping +tax). The product is available through other vendors however, most did not have the 2007 vehicles updated. Was not sure which color would be best with the stone interior, as it is not easy to match fortunately, there are several colors available other than beige, black and Grey! I should receive next week and can supply a report on fit and finish if there is any interest?

Ā 

Keep the links coming on accessories !!!!as I would like to add some contoured winter mats, etc. So far, have seen only a few including Ford accessories and Husky which looked OK but only available in black(?). I did read a post early on December(?) about one of the better custom mats that should be available the middle of the year?

Ā 

I also will post my driving impressions after a week behind the wheel (and after my 1st fill-up ) to see where my mileage figures are at? This seems to be one of the few areas where owners are not entirely thrilled. I am looking forward to these #'s as well, and don't trust the estimator on the dash yet.

Ā 

In advance of my review, I will say that this vehicle has dramatically changed my perspective on my commute to work!

Ā 

Did anyone else notice that the recommended oil change interval for normal driving conditions is 7,500 Miles !!!!!!!

Ā 

Stay tunned!!!

Ā 

Red fire SEL+ with stone interior with BAMR and 17" wheels

Ā 

Just got a set of nice heavy duty floor mats from Weathertech...the are made to fit really well....also I am averaging about 22 - 23 MPG as I do alot of highway driving...

Ā 

Carbon Mettalic with stone interior

Go to www.mats.com . They have many accessories for the Edge and MKX. The custom fit cargo mat is available in black, tan and gray. These are excellent products. I have had them in a number of vehicles and they all have been great. They also have colors besides black in all weather floor mats, so you do not have to go with the Ford black only ones if you don't want to.

Ā 

I got a nice cargo liner from Husky liners and it fits really well..also multiple colors are available

• 1 month later...
You are incorrect, I just received one this weekend and layed it in place to check fit and color. The reason it works is becuase there is a cut-out seam that allows air bag deploy unobstructed. The fit is very good overall even with all the curves in the edge's dash! I ordered the velour fabric material as it does not look like carpeting like some of the dash covers. I do need to exchange my dash mat because of color (stone interior is not easy to match) but will post picture tonight before I exchange for another color. I will let everyone with stone interior know what matches well color wise once I get it right. The color swatches on the web make proper color match difficult. In addition, it does cut down on the glare issue that people are experiencing. It did wonders to upgrade the interior look, cut glare off dash, and soften the acousics in my last vehicle. The das cover in my edge does cut down on most of the reflection except for the defroster grates where you still get some reflection. The dash cover with a good pair of sunglasses should resolve this issue for everyone. I would stick with the mid to darker colors for better reflection midigation. [/size][/size]

I've got the med. stone interior as well and would like to get one of these CoverKing/JC Whitney Velour dashmats. What color did you finally go with?

I've got the med. stone interior as well and would like to get one of these CoverKing/JC Whitney Velour dashmats. What color did you finally go with?

Ā 

Ā 

I eventually settled on the Coverking oak velour(V17) because it was not to dark and not to light. The taupe(V15) and the Dark taupe (V19) were my second choices both a hair darker than the oak. The stone interior is not easy to match because it has no warm tones which are present in most of the mat colors. The coverking dash cover is slightly different than the dash mat in that it covers more of the grills(defroster) which is the source of most of the glare. In addition, the coverking actually fits over the storage tray on the top of the dash(and grey trim piece) which was source of glare on the pre-production vehicles and is still a source of glare for some people. The portion that fits over the storage tray was contoured so that it follows the inside of the tray so you can still use it only without the rubber insert. The Coverking also did not have a cut out for the light sensor on the dash so minor modification may be necessary, (I plan to cut a small section between the two grille cut-outs and fold under an pin them) as each vent opening has an individual cut-out unlike the Dashmat which has a continuous opening. What I liked about the Dashmat brand is that it sat slightly flatter. It gets down to form or function, the coverking worked better to limit glare while the Dashmat had a slight "Edge" in appearance as it looked slightly more fitted. The taupe or latte would work if you opt for the the Dashmat brand however, the latte was a little to light in color if glare is an issue for you. The Dashmat also provides a opening for the light sensor on the dash.

Ā 

If you call the manufacturer direct, they will send samples which are better than the pictures but, none of the colors were a perfect match for the stone.

I eventually settled on the Coverking oak velour(V17) because it was not to dark and not to light. The taupe(V15) and the Dark taupe (V19) were my second choices both a hair darker than the oak. The stone interior is not easy to match because it has no warm tones which are present in most of the mat colors. The coverking dash cover is slightly different than the dash mat in that it covers more of the grills(defroster) which is the source of most of the glare. In addition, the coverking actually fits over the storage tray on the top of the dash(and grey trim piece) which was source of glare on the pre-production vehicles and is still a source of glare for some people. The portion that fits over the storage tray was contoured so that it follows the inside of the tray so you can still use it only without the rubber insert. The Coverking also did not have a cut out for the light sensor on the dash so minor modification may be necessary, (I plan to cut a small section between the two grille cut-outs and fold under an pin them) as each vent opening has an individual cut-out unlike the Dashmat which has a continuous opening. What I liked about the Dashmat brand is that it sat slightly flatter. It gets down to form or function, the coverking worked better to limit glare while the Dashmat had a slight "Edge" in appearance as it looked slightly more fitted. The taupe or latte would work if you opt for the the Dashmat brand however, the latte was a little to light in color if glare is an issue for you. The Dashmat also provides a opening for the light sensor on the dash.

Ā 

If you call the manufacturer direct, they will send samples which are better than the pictures but, none of the colors were a perfect match for the stone.

Thanks for the mat info. Appreciate your input.

• 3 months later...