What brand of wax?

For grins, I actually did the following to the center console of my 2011 Edge:

a) Applied Klasse All-In-One Polish by hand

B) Applied Klasse Sealant Glaze by hand

c) Topped with Pinnacle XMT by hand

That console is still shiny to this date. The only thing I have to worry about is my Sync applique that keeps popping off. May look into an epoxy to fix it.

• Like 1

Klasse are great products but there are now newer finishes that are just as good and easier to apply.

That being said, I have lots of Klasse left and will use that up before buying something else.

That is a great idea to do the console, I'll add it to my spring cleanup!

• 3 weeks later...

Black Plastic I am going to use Solutions Finish (must prep according to directions for best results)

For paint, I use spray waxes. I like Duragloss Aquawax, Meguiars, and Optimum Car Wax.

Usually apply a sealant like Poli-Seal on an annual or bi-annual basis.

Optimum No Rinse washes a few times a week

Spray wax once a month.

That will keep your paint looking brand new and protected. It is all my Mustang ever saw.

• 2 weeks later...

Turtle wax liquid...I've tried all the latest greatest expensive BS waxes over the years. Went back to turtle wax liquid. It's as good as anything out there. Most of the fancy expensive waxes are nothing but hype. And, there is something better than any wax...

FOR ULTIMATE PROTECTION, KEEP YOUR VEHICLE IN A GARAGE.

PS A simple wipe with "armor all" on the black plastic seems to work well for me.

I won't agree that expensive waxes are nothing buy hype. These waxes have a purpose. Some are to make the paint pop, some are for longevity, some are for adding a nice topper to a sealant, and some bead/sheet which people enjoy.

What matters is you find a product that fits your criteria/budget and be happy with it. I could go on all day about how I think Zaino products are over rated, over priced, and require too much time. But if it makes some car owner happy, then so be it.

Everybody's criteria and budget are different. I tried a TON of different products over the past 10 years and while most of them produced a nice result, most of them don't meet my current criteria. Criteria that I developed over the years that was influenced by the process, my environment, and my life changes.

I wanted a product(s) that:

- Was reasonably priced. So mid-grade type pricing.

- Was easy to apply. This meant not a bunch of steps requiring too many products.

- Could be applied in the sun. I now have a garage, but I prefer the extra room of being outside.

- That left my car protected for a few months.

- That I could apply within my time availability. I have a job. I have a daughter. So free time to spend hours upon hours on my car is hard to come by.

That is why I settled on using a lot of Optimum products. I ONR my cars a few times a week. I have the process down that I can get my car washed in 20 minutes without having to drag out a house, etc. Opti-Seal is a great sealant to use on clean paint (claybar at least). It goes on so easy and no buffing required. Again, 10 minutes and your car is sealed. Their spray wax is also pretty good...but I've been trying other spray waxes lately to compare. And spray wax is simple to apply and leaves nice protection. I suggest doing this at least once a month to keep a nice coat on. Their opti-bond tire dressing is good. It doesn't sling. You can dilute it however you want to achieve the amount of sheen you want. I use it 1:1.

• 2 weeks later...