ordered 2010 edge sport. Regrets!

sladeyboy

Hi guys.

From the UK and just ordered the first 2010 Ford Edge into the country and will be arriving in about 2 weeks. Just saw pics of the new 2011 Sport last night and to be honest im totally gutted!. The new model looks so much better and with a bigger better engine I must say im really regretting ordering this now!. I went for a silver sport on 22" rims with a ton of extras on it too, so to see this new Edge last night has really put me on a downer as this does look so much cooler (absolutly loving the new interior.

If only i had waited just a month or so and seen this I would have been first in line to order one.

Obviously, being from the UK I have never actually seen one in the flesh, so to speak. Please tell me i wont be dissapointed with it!!!

Still cant wait to get it but cant help but feel ive really missed out on something really quite amazing looking if i had only hung on a month!

No doubt when I do get it ill be more of a frequent visitor to this site.

Ill let you all know what i think when it arrives

cheers

Neil

I hear you man!

I just picked up a '10 Limited and the '11 MyFord Touch is something to be envied. I did know about the upcoming model. I chose to forgo it b/c of possible price increase/financing and most importantly potential first year bugs.

You made a good choice - your model has 4 yrs. under it's belt - kinks have been well established and/or solved.

I will be first to have a test spin when the 11's come but I'm happy to wait a couple of yrs until the 2013 for finer tweaking.

Once again - Good choice on your 2010! You'll have fun with it - I know I'm loving mine!!!

Wil

I hear you man!

I just picked up a '10 Limited and the '11 MyFord Touch is something to be envied. I did know about the upcoming model. I chose to forgo it b/c of possible price increase/financing and most importantly potential first year bugs.

You made a good choice - your model has 4 yrs. under it's belt - kinks have been well established and/or solved.

I will be first to have a test spin when the 11's come but I'm happy to wait a couple of yrs until the 2013 for finer tweaking.

Once again - Good choice on your 2010! You'll have fun with it - I know I'm loving mine!!!

Wil

You mean work the bugs out like the 08, 09 and 10 PTU problem? I'm to the point where I will take my chances.

You will love the 2010, esp if you got a sport. I hear the seats are really nice. You can always sell it and get a new one. Being the only one sounds like a sellers market.

I was thinking the same thing but I haven't seen a 2011 in person yet, I did see the 2011 MKX and really liked it but I think you will still like the 10 Sport, once you see it with the 22" it really is different. There is plenty of power in the 3.5 (more is nice but is it really needed??) Like others have said let the new model be out for a while and get the bugs out (if any) and I would think there will be some kind of price increase on the 2011.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been a long wait and still have yet to receive it!. Its in the country and am picking it up next week and cant wait!. I shall post a pic on here when i get it and let you know my thoughts.

For sure the interior of the current Edge is a little bland, will help to have inbuilt Nav screen but the drive and handling is very good for a vehicle and great in Canadian winter. As a matter of interest, what changes have you needed to make it legal in the UK as I am thinking to take mine back to Europe next year.

• 2 months later...

For sure the interior of the current Edge is a little bland, will help to have inbuilt Nav screen but the drive and handling is very good for a vehicle and great in Canadian winter. As a matter of interest, what changes have you needed to make it legal in the UK as I am thinking to take mine back to Europe next year.

I just purchased a tuxedo black, fully loaded 2010 Edge Sport and I love it! The exterior looks awesome, and the ride is smooth and comfortable. You won't be disappointed. I saw the improvements on the 2011, and fell in love as well...but I just couldn't pass up the incentives on the 2010's.

post-10448-084137500 1281408400_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...

Hey, Don't sweat it. I went to a Ford Dealer and came home with a 2009 Sport. I got to ride in and look at all the 2011's. Yes, they are nicer than earlier models with all the upgrades but I think you will really be pleased with your purchase. It is always a bad idea to buy a vehicle when it first comes out. Like someone said earlier, wait a couple of years till all the kinks get worked out, maybe 2013. Anyway, let us no how you like it once it arrives.

Been a long wait and still have yet to receive it!. Its in the country and am picking it up next week and cant wait!. I shall post a pic on here when i get it and let you know my thoughts.

How much will it cost you to fill the gas tank, ops I mean petrol tank? tank is, I think 65L?

Your thoughts and Pics...

Edited by 1duFos

I just purchased a tuxedo black, fully loaded 2010 Edge Sport and I love it! The exterior looks awesome, and the ride is smooth and comfortable. You won't be disappointed. I saw the improvements on the 2011, and fell in love as well...but I just couldn't pass up the incentives on the 2010's.

post-10448-084137500 1281408400_thumb.jpg

Looks awesome. If I had to get a 2010, it would have been a black Sport model.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys.

From the UK and just ordered the first 2010 Ford Edge into the country and will be arriving in about 2 weeks. Just saw pics of the new 2011 Sport last night and to be honest im totally gutted!. The new model looks so much better and with a bigger better engine I must say im really regretting ordering this now!. I went for a silver sport on 22" rims with a ton of extras on it too, so to see this new Edge last night has really put me on a downer as this does look so much cooler (absolutly loving the new interior.

If only i had waited just a month or so and seen this I would have been first in line to order one.

Obviously, being from the UK I have never actually seen one in the flesh, so to speak. Please tell me i wont be dissapointed with it!!!

Still cant wait to get it but cant help but feel ive really missed out on something really quite amazing looking if i had only hung on a month!

No doubt when I do get it ill be more of a frequent visitor to this site.

Ill let you all know what i think when it arrives

cheers

Neil

Hi. Have yet to take it to a ford dealership here in the uk. I just know they would be a nightmare, so its good you havent had any problems. We have a local american car garage near me and they have done all my servicing for me. Still loving our Edge Sport and we are going to sell it in a year and get the new 2012/13 edge sport. Just wondering where the best place to sell it would be and how much I should be looking at to get for it?. Who did you use to ship it over?. We used American Carraige who to be honest I thought were pretty poor. Promised the car to us for March, got into the country in April and we actually picked it up mid June. All the time paying for a hire car. Also the after service is just awful. A few times I have contacted them and they never do what they say they are going to do. and NEVER get back to you. Was thinking of going over to the USA to a ford dealer there and doing the deal there and getting them to ship it back as part of the sale deal.

Just your thoughts on any of this would be great

Thanks

Neil