What car care products do you use?

Filtercharged07

Zaino. It's the best polish on the market hands down. You won't find it at your local Walmart and it's a little pricey, but take a look at the pic of my Trans Am to see how it makes the paint pop. Keep mind that this car is a 2002, so that paint job is almost 10 years old!

post-9662-127519642832_thumb.jpg

Zaino. It's the best polish on the market hands down. You won't find it at your local Walmart and it's a little pricey, but take a look at the pic of my Trans Am to see how it makes the paint pop. Keep mind that this car is a 2002, so that paint job is almost 10 years old!

Overpriced. Mequiars gets you the same results for 1/4 of the price.

LOL, is that what you've read or have you tried both? I've used Meguires NXT 2 and it is a great product that is super easy to apply. However, it doesn't have anywhere near the longevity or pop that a properly applied setup of Zaino will give you.

The bottom line is, if you want a product that is quick and easy and will give your vehicle a great shine, go with Meguires.

If you want the ultimate long lasting shine and are willing to put in the time and learn the proper staged application techniques, give Zaino a try.

It all comes down to how anal you are about your car's finish. My Trans Am is not a daily driver, but is a weekend cruiser that I take to shows, so for me it has to be perfect. I've added a few more pictures and angles to show how good Zaino really is.

post-9662-127527765117_thumb.jpg

post-9662-127527766101_thumb.jpg

post-9662-127527767247_thumb.jpg

post-9662-127527768121_thumb.jpg

LOL, is that what you've read or have you tried both? I've used Meguires NXT 2 and it is a great product that is super easy to apply. However, it doesn't have anywhere near the longevity or pop that a properly applied setup of Zaino will give you.

The bottom line is, if you want a product that is quick and easy and will give your vehicle a great shine, go with Meguires.

If you want the ultimate long lasting shine and are willing to put in the time and learn the proper staged application techniques, give Zaino a try.

It all comes down to how anal you are about your car's finish. My Trans Am is not a daily driver, but is a weekend cruiser that I take to shows, so for me it has to be perfect. I've added a few more pictures and angles to show how good Zaino really is.

X2...Zaino isn't an "over the counter" type "wax". You gotta want to use it. And learn how. And do the preperation. NXT is nice and easy and provides a great shine...for awhile. NXT also does a very good job at filling in swirle markes. Better than Zaino.

However, if you wish to keep that "just detailed" look for 3+ months or more, you will only get it with the proper preparation and Zaino. As for cost. Price per application is about the same. A little Z goes a long way.

^ To the two above posts.

I tested the Zaino against the Meguiars myself years ago and like I said its just an overpriced product that some people feel the need to hype up on car forums.

The pictures of your TA don't impress me because we have no background on the car.

I've had several different cars that were used as summer weekend cars. Those cars would see 3-4k miles max a year and garage kept at all times. I wouldn't even bring them out in the rain. The paint on some of those 10-20 yr old cars were near flawless.

I do a full detail on my everyday driver three times a year and wash them every weekend.

If you're applying mequiars or any detailing product quick and easy then you're obviously doing it wrong. It usually takes me two days and a total of 8 hours to do a full detail.

Coming from someone who has detailed as a hobby for 17 yrs save yourself the extra cash.

Edited by MOFSTEEL

Filtercharged07. my final word on this topic is NOT to take my word, or anyone else's for that matter, but be your own judge. Try a range of products, including Zaino and Meguires, and see what works best for you.

I too have been detailing cars for over 20+ years and have tried countless products. My choice came down to what I believed worked best for me.

Good luck, and if you do go the Zaino route and have questions about how to apply the stuff, drop me a line, I'd be glad to lend a hand.

Filtercharged07. my final word on this topic is NOT to take my word, or anyone else's for that matter, but be your own judge. Try a range of products, including Zaino and Meguires, and see what works best for you.

I too have been detailing cars for over 20+ years and have tried countless products. My choice came down to what I believed worked best for me.

Good luck, and if you do go the Zaino route and have questions about how to apply the stuff, drop me a line, I'd be glad to lend a hand.

I just cleaned the Edge and my brother's Mazda B4000 (Ford Ranger) I use Turtle Wax car wash with the carnauba wax infused in it. I go over every crevice and crack with it then rinse. I dry then use Nanowax by Eagle One. I'll take a pic if i can and I'll post it. Came shiny! Just have to touch up the grill and clean the cruddy old Focus.

We have a large storage rack full of car supplies and another 3 shelves on the other side of the garage with air filters and oil filters. Etc.

Here is a link to pictures of my 1995 Ford Ranger truck

http://radicon.net/truck/

This was my daily driver until I purchased my 2008 Ford Edge seen in the background. My 18yr old daugher is driving it now. I am constantly being asked to sell the truck, but have no plans to. The only product that I have used on this truck until now is called AutoMagic used by professional detailers in my area. This time I used a new product called Ultima from http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ I am pleased how it turned out considering the truck has not been waxed and detailed in almost 3 years! Yes the paint is all original except for the bed on the drivers side of the truck. 8 years ago, someone decided that because they had a stop sign, I must have one and hit me right behind the rear wheels. The truck used to be garaged kept until I got the Edge. Now I just need a 4 car garage. One for each current vehicle and a new 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 GT that I can't afford.

• 4 weeks later...

You'll find many are quite passionate about what they choose/which brands they'er loyal to. I agree w/ what someone else said...use what works for you. I've tried many, and must admit, I'm partial to the Meguiars NXT 2.0...here's what I do:

- wash (kind a goes w/o saying I suppose)

- claybar (this can be time consuming, but makes a huge difference)

- polish (Meguiars...this is an added step, but after clay bar...does not take much time...I use the Porter-Cable random orbital polisher...almost makes waxing/polishing fun)

- Meguiars NXT 2.0. (I use the liquid...again, apply and remove w/ Porter-Cable random orbital polisher)

- Meguiars Ultimate Detailer (I think that's what it is called...spray on...wipe off).

Here are the results:

Now, can you get these results or better w/ another brand...maybe... I think you can get great results with just about any of the high end waxes. Personally, I think the cleaning/prep...and more specifically, using the clay bar to remove dirt washing misses, is what makes the difference.

whatever you choose...Good luck...

post-7273-044101500 1278902344_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to build up my collection of Griot's Garage products. The first thing the Edge will receive when it arrives is a Griot's wash, Griot's Clay Bar, and Griot's Paint Sealant (rather than wax, better for daily drivers). I just got the 6" random orbital from them and it's the best I've ever seen. It's not cheap stuff, but it's not ludicrous either for products that are made to bond and work with each other.

Griot's Garage

I've been using Meguiars since I can remember, well mostly since '99 when I had a black Firebird Formula WS-6. I tried all of the other "lower end" products and some of Mother's products and never felt as satisfied. Always found myself in love with Meguiars Quick Detailer. What I really happen to miss though is glass polish, now I use Invisible Glass (definitely not the same) and Mother's polish for any metals that may need polishing like exhaust tips etc. For the black stuff I use Black Magic (I think that's the name of it) though at times I am not happy with it and feel I must apply too much to the tires just to get a consistent flat appearance. ^^Might have to try that Mothers Back to Black, thanks!

I've heard of all of the other detailing products but never found a reason to change my brand for good or spend all that extra cash to try out all those "new" or old products on the market.

I've been using Meguiars since I can remember, well mostly since '99 when I had a black Firebird Formula WS-6. I tried all of the

One of my favorite cars. :rockon:

I bought a 94 formula brand new and had it for 9 yrs.

I still look at getting a ws6 or firehawk formula.

So tempting.

Do you have any pics?