X-Plan Pricing + Incentives?

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a 2011 Edge Sport. I'm qualified for X-Plan pricing but was wondering if the X-Plan price can be bundled with any other incentives that Ford offers at time of purchase? The current %0 financing that Ford Canada is currently offering doesn't apply to 2011 models, so I'm waiting to see what the next round of incentives will bring before signing.

Does anyone have an answer to this?

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a 2011 Edge Sport. I'm qualified for X-Plan pricing but was wondering if the X-Plan price can be bundled with any other incentives that Ford offers at time of purchase? The current %0 financing that Ford Canada is currently offering doesn't apply to 2011 models, so I'm waiting to see what the next round of incentives will bring before signing.

Does anyone have an answer to this?

With X plan you get all public incentives and some additional ones in special circumstances. You would never get less incentives with X plan than without.

Thanks that's very helpful. I know when I bought my Flex a year and a half ago it was a new model and they did offer me the 'family pricing' incentive that was available at the time. I can only imagine how much a person with an XPLAN PIN could have saved themselves if they could have bundled both.

Here's hoping July 1st offers some incentive break on the 2011 Edge.

• 5 weeks later...

The new round of incentives were released today and it looks like Ford is offering, in Canada at any rate, Employee pricing on most 2011 models. Looks like the Edge is included in this, as the only exclusions in the fine print are the 2011 Shelby GT, F-150 Raptor and a few of the big trucks. This is just what I was waiting for and correct me if I'm wrong, but Employee A-Plan pricing should be even better than X-Plan?

Happy Canada Day indeed! Time to place my order. :)

∞ Ford Employee Pricing ("Employee Pricing") is only in effect from July 1, 2010 to August 31, 2010 (the "Program Period") and refers to A-Plan pricing ordinarily available to Ford employees and excludes any CAW negotiated bonuses or other special incentives that employees may receive from time to time. Employee Pricing is available on the purchase or lease of most new 2010 and 2011 Ford vehicles [excluding 2010 F-150 Raptor, F-Series Chassis Cabs, E-Series Cutaways and Stripped Chassis, F-650/F-750] / [2011 Mustang Shelby GT 500, F-150 Raptor, F-Series Chassis Cabs, E-Series Cutaways and Stripped Chassis, F-650/F-750]. The new vehicle must be delivered or factory ordered from your participating Ford Dealer during the Program Period. This offer can be used in conjunction with most retail consumer offers made available by Ford of Canada at the time of either factory order or delivery, but not both. Employee Pricing is raincheckable. Employee Pricing is combinable with the Commercial Connection Program but not combinable with CPA, GPC, CFIP, Daily Rental Allowance, A/X/Z/D/F-Plan and A/Z-Plan Loyalty program incentives.

The new round of incentives were released today and it looks like Ford is offering, in Canada at any rate, Employee pricing on most 2011 models. Looks like the Edge is included in this, as the only exclusions in the fine print are the 2011 Shelby GT, F-150 Raptor and a few of the big trucks. This is just what I was waiting for and correct me if I'm wrong, but Employee A-Plan pricing should be even better than X-Plan?

Happy Canada Day indeed! Time to place my order. :)

∞ Ford Employee Pricing ("Employee Pricing") is only in effect from July 1, 2010 to August 31, 2010 (the "Program Period") and refers to A-Plan pricing ordinarily available to Ford employees and excludes any CAW negotiated bonuses or other special incentives that employees may receive from time to time. Employee Pricing is available on the purchase or lease of most new 2010 and 2011 Ford vehicles [excluding 2010 F-150 Raptor, F-Series Chassis Cabs, E-Series Cutaways and Stripped Chassis, F-650/F-750] / [2011 Mustang Shelby GT 500, F-150 Raptor, F-Series Chassis Cabs, E-Series Cutaways and Stripped Chassis, F-650/F-750]. The new vehicle must be delivered or factory ordered from your participating Ford Dealer during the Program Period. This offer can be used in conjunction with most retail consumer offers made available by Ford of Canada at the time of either factory order or delivery, but not both. Employee Pricing is raincheckable. Employee Pricing is combinable with the Commercial Connection Program but not combinable with CPA, GPC, CFIP, Daily Rental Allowance, A/X/Z/D/F-Plan and A/Z-Plan Loyalty program incentives.

What did they do with the rebates? Typically they just replace the rebates with the employee pricing so the net result is almost the same.

What did they do with the rebates? Typically they just replace the rebates with the employee pricing so the net result is almost the same.

Yup, rebates are gone, but for me this is much better since I'm paying cash and will not be financing or leasing. The %0 finance/lease rates are gone.

• 6 months later...

And, they should only need the PIN at delivery.

Here is the problem if I receive the PIN lets say tomorrow can I just hold on to it till delivery in May or do I have to contact the person who would be giving it to me in May? Which actually could be rather hard since its through a friend's friend of the family.

Here is the problem if I receive the PIN lets say tomorrow can I just hold on to it till delivery in May or do I have to contact the person who would be giving it to me in May? Which actually could be rather hard since its through a friend's friend of the family.

I never had anyone ask me for the PIN, when I told them I got x-plan through my work, they just gave me the price. I ended up though moving forward with and having my dealer match zag pricing from Bank of America. It was better pricing than I was being given for x-plan.

Zag Pricing

Beat the price vs. X-Plan

MSRP______$25,000________$25,000

X-Plan______22,750__________22.750 as shown on invoice

Negotiated___22,400_________22,750

Doc fees_______450___________100 Max on X-Plan

local or

dealer incentive___0___________(750) X-Plan gets hidden discounts when available

Net cost____$22,850________$22,100

In this example, it only cost $750 more to get a "better deal" than X-Plan.

If the dealership says they don't need the PIN, then there is usually a better deal for them than the commission on the X-Plan.

Beat the price vs. X-Plan

MSRP______$25,000________$25,000

X-Plan______22,750__________22.750 as shown on invoice

Negotiated___22,400_________22,750

Doc fees_______450___________100 Max on X-Plan

local or

dealer incentive___0___________(750) X-Plan gets hidden discounts when available

Net cost____$22,850________$22,100

In this example, it only cost $750 more to get a "better deal" than X-Plan.

If the dealership says they don't need the PIN, then there is usually a better deal for them than the commission on the X-Plan.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand. The dealer gets around $500 from Ford for a X plan sale. Why in the world would they THROW THAT CHECK AWAY by telling you that you don't need the PIN? Do people really think dealers will throw away $500 for no reason?

Great information. I was offered the Ford Edge Limited AWD for a "on the road price" of $36,999. Of course I can't take delivery until May since I'm deployed, but would put a deposit on a ordered vehicle in February-March time frame.

Does a on the road price include taxes, tags, and freight? Dealer said yes, but I always like to hear it from someone else as well.

Thanks

Edited by dcac410

Great information. I was offered the Ford Edge Limited AWD for a "on the road price" of $36,999. Of course I can't take delivery until May since I'm deployed, but would put a deposit on a ordered vehicle in February-March time frame.

Does a on the road price include taxes, tags, and freight? Dealer said yes, but I always like to hear it from someone else as well.

Thanks

Are you a member of USAA? More often than not, their pricing is lower than X-Plan and requires no negotiation as well.

Typically, yes, but there isn't any real definition and it's whatever the dealer wants to call it. Get the itemized list so you can see what's included and what isn't.

Are you a member of USAA? More often than not, their pricing is lower than X-Plan and requires no negotiation as well.

I'm not a member of USAA, but I have access to AAFES' exchange new car sales giving a deal seems great, but just not so sure about it for some reason. I'm getting the Limited AWD with nav and drivers package for 35k then just pay taxes and tags when I return home. It's ordered to my specs and delivered to the nearest dealer in the states for when I return. Seems good.

Edited by dcac410

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm less then a month away from getting into my Ford edge. I actually bought this vehicle sight unseen from overseas. I spoke to the dealer and it's ready to go. I had a X-plan price drawn up by the dealer and he says that a Limited AWD with drivers entry and navigation comes out to be $36,730 + plus all available rebates. Does that seem correct? I already put a deposit down on this custom order and pretty much stuck with this dealer that knows my sister, so I want to make sure it all checks out....

I'm less then a month away from getting into my Ford edge. I actually bought this vehicle sight unseen from overseas. I spoke to the dealer and it's ready to go. I had a X-plan price drawn up by the dealer and he says that a Limited AWD with drivers entry and navigation comes out to be $36,730 + plus all available rebates. Does that seem correct? I already put a deposit down on this custom order and pretty much stuck with this dealer that knows my sister, so I want to make sure it all checks out....

Don't worry - the dealer must show you the invoice with the X plan price printed at the bottom. Make sure they fill out the X plan pricing form also.

Sounds right to me.

I didn't get the AWD but I got White Tri-Coat and Tow package and it was just under what you have... so it seems right.