Front Windows Tinted

Just posted 1 pic of my edge with the front windows tinted (was done today). And I am still waiting on my 22" wheels to arrive from california.....295-40/22 tires will be here in a few days. Went with the General Grabber UHP's...tire rack had them rated at #1 by customers, so i went with them....cool tread design!!! :shades: :rockon:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm living in Quebec, Canada and here tint windows are illegal...

On my edge, i ask my dealer to tint the front same as the back.

Get cut by the police yesterday and i have to take out the front tint.

Here the Max light passing throw the front windows should be more then 70 %

Back can be paint, no rules.

Original windows without film have a 76%

Too bad, it was looking good...

How much did it cost you to get the front 2 windows tinted? What is the % to match the back 2 factory windows?

i got a guy around here (MI) that charged me $55, lifetime warranty. $40, no warranty. He's done 2 of my cars and a bunch of my buddies. but factory = 20% and they will match it at the shop.

Privacy + Good looks = Worth a $100some ticket

Edited by Hodge

• 3 weeks later...

Windows tinited today! $50.00 for the fronts, looks good! Some vehicles look good and some don't with front's tinted along with the remaining windows. Have a '02 avalanche and never tinted the front's because I had seen other's and didn't care for the look!

Everyone's got their preferences!!!

EDGE is one that it works with!

New pic's posted in GALLERY of new tinted fronts......... 'in_edge'....!

Edited by in_edge

• 2 weeks later...
Just posted 1 pic of my edge with the front windows tinted (was done today). And I am still waiting on my 22" wheels to arrive from california.....295-40/22 tires will be here in a few days. Went with the General Grabber UHP's...tire rack had them rated at #1 by customers, so i went with them....cool tread design!!! :shades: :rockon:

I went with Hankook Ventus ST - 275/45/20 with Enkei LX-M wheels.

Window tint is 15 all around. :rockon:

Are the fronts as dark as the back? I think I read that you tinted them to 15?

I'm in California and would like to darken my windows but want it to look good and not get a ticket. So, I was wondering if yours were "legal"

I've got the windows super dark (darker than legal) on the Monte and have gotten a couple of tickets. I just don't want to worry about that with the Edge.

I'm sold on the idea of darkening the windows as it'll keep it cooler and help cut down the glare, but don't want to bother if I can't get them dark enough to help.

Aha!, Exact same rims I put on the wife's MKX (from buywheelstoday.com) in May ....check my pics in gallery. Enkei LXM's are classy rims that are reasonably priced. I also put Bridgestone Alenza's (275/45/20) on it ....expensive, but well worth it while being rated for 60K miles.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?aut...=si&img=287

Edited by rickg

• 5 months later...

Yea but with the vista roof, a few angles will light the front of the cabin from within much more then the rear. Any darker then 15% and it gets very hard to see out of them. I just want it to look good and cut down on the glare from the side mirrors.

Edited by kevinb120

wow... so the privacy glass was not dark enough all around.. you also paid to tint on top of that?

I plan to do the driver and passenger, but not spend the extra cash to tint what is already privacy... especially with a black leather interior. so, that is why I am trying to find exactly what he privacy tint is so it can be matched.