Now that it's here - Trick or quirks you are finding

choff1138

Well my streak of never being able to drive more than an hour without a "sensor blocked" warning and having to pull over and restart to re-enable collision warning and adaptive cruise remains intact - twice more yesterday. I get the impression my dealer doesn't really care all that much and isn't exactly pressuring Ford about it either.

Plugged my (Android) phone into the 2nd USB port today (first is occupied by an Ipod Nano) in order to charge it. First time I've tried that and it resulted in an immediate shutdown of the touchscreen. Had to stop/restart and Sync came up with its "scheduled maintenance" startup. After which it displayed "The USB device is not supported. Please remove it." Now I need to remove my phone when all I'm trying to do is charge it? I left it in and it very slowly charged - shame the vehicle screen battery indicator doesn't show the phone charging.

Kudos to the GPS clock regulated time. Driving back and forth between a DST time zone and a more intelligent jurisdiction that doesn't believe in the "daylight savings" time farce, the clock correctly set itself within a few kilometers of the border.

Well I guess it's better to have all these neat features that work most of the time than to not have them at all...

Well my streak of never being able to drive more than an hour without a "sensor blocked" warning and having to pull over and restart to re-enable collision warning and adaptive cruise remains intact - twice more yesterday. I get the impression my dealer doesn't really care all that much and isn't exactly pressuring Ford about it either.

Plugged my (Android) phone into the 2nd USB port today (first is occupied by an Ipod Nano) in order to charge it. First time I've tried that and it resulted in an immediate shutdown of the touchscreen. Had to stop/restart and Sync came up with its "scheduled maintenance" startup. After which it displayed "The USB device is not supported. Please remove it." Now I need to remove my phone when all I'm trying to do is charge it? I left it in and it very slowly charged - shame the vehicle screen battery indicator doesn't show the phone charging.

Kudos to the GPS clock regulated time. Driving back and forth between a DST time zone and a more intelligent jurisdiction that doesn't believe in the "daylight savings" time farce, the clock correctly set itself within a few kilometers of the border.

Well I guess it's better to have all these neat features that work most of the time than to not have them at all...

Now that you mention changing the USB stuff around, I realize that I've had this iPod plugged into the same USB port since day one. It's worked fine most of the time. I wonder if my Touch would act any better if I unplugged my iPod.

I'm wishing.

I have noticed the longer I've had the Edge, the more frequent the Touch reboots. Today I unpaired / re-paired my iPone cuz BT Audio would not connect. That fixed the connect and a minute later I had Touch rebooting. BT Audio worked as designed for about 3 stop/starts then it was back to it's old shit. I know there may be issues with iPhone but I'm pretty sure Touch is one major issue

I got the impression the dealership doesn't want anything to do with the "new sync" and

• 3 weeks later...

Not a good car for Jackson (225 lb mastiff). The ramp I have is too steep for anybody to walk into back of Edge. I would need to find another solution to get him into the edge.

We dog-sit a friends old and crippled up labrador occasionally and use the one seat method rather than the hatch. Flip the small portion of the seatback up so that the dog can step onto the floor, then up onto the other seatback.

Now that you mention changing the USB stuff around, I realize that I've had this iPod plugged into the same USB port since day one. It's worked fine most of the time. I wonder if my Touch would act any better if I unplugged my iPod.

I'm wishing.

I have noticed the longer I've had the Edge, the more frequent the Touch reboots. Today I unpaired / re-paired my iPone cuz BT Audio would not connect. That fixed the connect and a minute later I had Touch rebooting. BT Audio worked as designed for about 3 stop/starts then it was back to it's old shit. I know there may be issues with iPhone but I'm pretty sure Touch is one major issue

I got the impression the dealership doesn't want anything to do with the "new sync" and

If I get my Dev kit, first thing I would do is create a "RESET" app. It's not an ideal solution for you, but it beats your current alternatives until they somehow work out the Bluetooth A2DP issues.