Now that it's here - Trick or quirks you are finding

choff1138

Ive been experiencing a quirk where the Sirius music station pre-set name tabs disappear & then re-appear. sometimes just one, othertimes 2 at a time. the pre-sets still work, just the names disappear. Anyone else have this issue?

It happens to mine sometimes too. At first I was surprised and that I was getting a blind spot or something. Nope, just another undocumented feature. If you cycle the screen to the next set of presets and get back to the original, it is back. Feature still works, so hopefully it will be a soft fix.

There are two things I had on my previous car (2007 Acura RL) that I wish my 2011 MKX had. First, I like to know when my headlights are on, especially at dawn or dusk, in case I want them on and the auto sensor has not turned them on. I keep the switch in the auto setting but I like to know if they are on. My Acura had a light on my dashboard that I could always see when my lights were turned on. I don't see that on the MKX. Second, I wish there were turn signal indicators on the side mirrors. I think this is a great safety feature especially when changing lanes on the highway. For a $50,000 car, I wish they were there.

I have mine set to Purple and it defintely shines in the foot wells, cup holders and door handles while I'm driving. There is a slide bar that controls how bright it is.

Ā 

I have noticed that when I first open the doors at night the ambient color is always blue and then it changes to purple once I start the car.

Ā 

We just picked up our 2011 Edge yesterday and I noticed that discrepancy too -- no matter what we set the lights to using MyFord, they're always blue until you turn on the car. Seems like a bug to me. Wish they would always obey your setting.

We just picked up our 2011 Edge yesterday and I noticed that discrepancy too -- no matter what we set the lights to using MyFord, they're always blue until you turn on the car. Seems like a bug to me. Wish they would always obey your setting.

Ā 

I reset myTouch yesterday and noticed that the Ambient setting went back to the blue.

If you notice, the blue (cyan) it defaults to is the same color as the other built in lights on the door buttons and all.

My guess is that the car does not know what the custom setting is until myTouch boots up. Thus the cyan

I reset myTouch yesterday and noticed that the Ambient setting went back to the blue.

If you notice, the blue (cyan) it defaults to is the same color as the other built in lights on the door buttons and all.

My guess is that the car does not know what the custom setting is until myTouch boots up. Thus the cyan

I think you nailed it there Wilsons... boot baby boot.

There are two things I had on my previous car (2007 Acura RL) that I wish my 2011 MKX had. First, I like to know when my headlights are on, especially at dawn or dusk, in case I want them on and the auto sensor has not turned them on. I keep the switch in the auto setting but I like to know if they are on. My Acura had a light on my dashboard that I could always see when my lights were turned on. I don't see that on the MKX. Second, I wish there were turn signal indicators on the side mirrors. I think this is a great safety feature especially when changing lanes on the highway. For a $50,000 car, I wish they were there.

Ā 

Agree with you with regards to the lack of side mirror turn signal indicators. Along with the improvement to safety, it would have helped the relatively bland side profile - as would have a vertical keypad integrated into the B pillar. Ford has done to this a number of other vehicles so leaving it off the MKX is particularly disappointing.

Ā 

The auto headlamp indicator seems like common sense except no vehicle I've ever been in had one either. I'm just relieved there's an auto setting.

Here we go again. How do they improve safety (especially considering only a fraction of people even use their turn signals to begin with)?

Ā 

That's a little cynical. Plenty of people use turn signals. I like side indicator lamps because if you're alongside a vehicle on the highway in their blind spot sometimes that's the only indicator you can easily see. More visibility on that kind of thing isn't bad.

That's a little cynical. Plenty of people use turn signals. I like side indicator lamps because if you're alongside a vehicle on the highway in their blind spot sometimes that's the only indicator you can easily see. More visibility on that kind of thing isn't bad.

Ā 

I drove our truck today and it has them and I hate them. Drive me crazy. Have them be auto dimming like your rearview mirror, that would be helpful.

Here we go again. How do they improve safety (especially considering only a fraction of people even use their turn signals to begin with)?

Ā 

A friend of mine was riding his motorcycle alongside a pickup truck on a divided highway last year. He tells me that if he hadn't been able to see the turn signal on the truck's mirror, he probably wouldn't be here today. It's really common sense. When you are virtually alongside another vehicle and they don't see you in their blind spot, at least you've got a fighting chance if you see their intention to change lanes. Now if you live in an area where most people don't bother to signal at all, then good luck to you.

A friend of mine was riding his motorcycle alongside a pickup truck on a divided highway last year. He tells me that if he hadn't been able to see the turn signal on the truck's mirror, he probably wouldn't be here today. It's really common sense. When you are virtually alongside another vehicle and they don't see you in their blind spot, at least you've got a fighting chance if you see their intention to change lanes. Now if you live in an area where most people don't bother to signal at all, then good luck to you.

Ā 

Ok, I'll buy that but only for idiots who don't have their mirrors adjusted properly and who don't glance over their shoulder before changing lanes. My vehicles don't have blind spots.

Ok, I'll buy that but only for idiots who don't have their mirrors adjusted properly and who don't glance over their shoulder before changing lanes. My vehicles don't have blind spots.

I agree. I have my mirrors adjusted so that I don't have blind spots.

Still, the turn signals on the mirrors are for the other guys, like the blinkers underneath a semi trailer.

For the second time in two weeks the clock in the car has gone off. It was just off an hour and will bet will be back to normal after I get back in it. First time it happened I didn't believe myself that it did it. Strange... I did use a Sync service to get directions (I wonder if that had anything to do with it)

My clock was off by an hour today after I used the nav. Turns out the daylight savings was off.

I had also used sync services to download a google destination.

I drove our truck today and it has them and I hate them. Drive me crazy. Have them be auto dimming like your rearview mirror, that would be helpful.

Ā 

Well, I meant the ones that you (as the driver) can't see. I like the ones that are either on the outside of the mirror or on the body just behind the front wheel. I agree, the ones *in* the mirror are really annoying to the driver.

Question about the Ambient Lighting...

Ā 

Is it supposed to be on while driving? I assumed so. Sitting in the car with the engine on at the dealer, we were checking things out. We set a color and raised the level to max. It was so sunny out we couldn't see anything; we figured I'd see it later. But later, I never saw it until I shut the engine off.

Ā 

I thought the whole point was "Ambiance." :wub:

Ā 

:stop: The ambient lighting only comes on at night I believe. I have lights set to "auto" and when it is dark (even in a covered garage during the day) the ambient lighting goes on. Does not seem to activate during the day, which is likely why you did not see it.

Ā 

Maybe, if you force the headlights on manually, the ambient lighting will go on during the day...have not tried.

Edited by xphile

:stop: The ambient lighting only comes on at night I believe. I have lights set to "auto" and when it is dark (even in a covered garage during the day) the ambient lighting goes on. Does not seem to activate during the day, which is likely why you did not see it.

Ā 

Maybe, if you force the headlights on manually, the ambient lighting will go on during the day...have not tried.

Ā 

Ā 

This has already been answered somewhere I think on this thread - you headlights have to be on for the ambient lights to be on. The auto setting isn't enough.

Another weekend of highway driving and more "Sensor Blocked" warnings on my MKX. Note that these are happening with the vehicle clean and driving on dry pavement. They can always be cleared by stopping and restarting the engine.

Ā 

First I received a "collision warning not available, sensor blocked" and "adaptive cruise not available, sensor blocked" warnings. A hour later it was "blindspot not available, sensor blocked" (with both blindspot indicators on constantly). A half hour later, it was the collision warning and adaptive cruise warnings that reappeared. I haven't yet talked to the dealer about that but it's getting real annoying havin to pull off the highway to restart so I can use the cruise control and not be annoyed by constant bright yellow lights in my mirrors.

Ā 

Also the rain sensing wipers didn't activate when it was lightly raining but raining hard enough to obscure the entire windshield. I checked that they were enabled in the control panel, deactivated and reenabled them, but still nothing. The next day they activated on a very light rain, single swipe of the wipers. So maybe they fixed themselves. Yeah, right.

Just an update on the "Advance Trac" warning and application of the brakes, felt like ABS engaging for split second numerous time, there apparently was a problem with the RCM module. I was unsure that was the reason as I thought the RCM was only for the air bag but....after a week of driving the new RCM module seems to have solved the problem. I guess just a bad part.

Ā 

Glad to hear not too many with everyone... yet....but something seems weird with Ctl-z 's car. I'd take that one in.

Ā 

So, 3,000 km (1,850 miles) and still feeling good about the car.

Also the rain sensing wipers didn't activate when it was lightly raining but raining hard enough to obscure the entire windshield. I checked that they were enabled in the control panel, deactivated and reenabled them, but still nothing. The next day they activated on a very light rain, single swipe of the wipers. So maybe they fixed themselves. Yeah, right.

Ā 

You can also change the senstivitiy of the "rain sensor" by rotating the end of the Wiper control where it says "AUTO" from low to high.

I have found that makes a big difference in how often it wipes