Now that it's here - Trick or quirks you are finding

choff1138

Not sure if this is related but I'll throw it in...

Did you know you can adjust your volume depending on your speed? The faster you go, the louder the audio goes.

If memory serves me right I believe you make the selection do on the left 4in. screen.

Maybe that has something to do with your volume control?

No, that is not the problem. Speed doesn't change but the volume gets stuck and keeps increasing (and it increases very fast) until I can stop it with the dial control.

That's kinda good to hear. I need to take mine in to have them look at it. My seat doesn't know how to move itself forward.

I was able to fix it once by pulling fuse 7. The last I tried that, it was no help. Now I have the Easy Entry turned off.

Did they give you an idea of how long it will take to get the module?

Wilson,

My seat stopped moving forward you may recall. It seems I messed around with the settings too much while the car was on and not in accessory mode. I guess it got confused.

So the dealer had me turn the accessory mode on, set all the desired settings, press 1, and then turn the accessory mode off and open the door. We then unlocked the door with the fob, turned only the accessories on and programmed the fob same way.

It's been working great since then. I think the main thing is you have to open the door. If you don't open the door the accessory mode stays on and it can't finish the programming.

Hope your seat starts working soon.

Edited by luvford

Need some help...

I had two phones hooked up fine in my car for the last month or so. Recently I was driving and tried to change from my favorite phone (mine) to my wifes while driving. This has worked perfectly fine in the past but this time I was not able to switch. Not only was I not able to switch to her phone but now it doesn't recognize either and won't connect. I tried to delete mine and reconnect it but my phone won't recognize the sync and the sync won't recognize my phone.

Any advice?

If rebooting is the only thing I can do, what is the fuse number or location so that I can do a hard reboot?

Need some help...

I had two phones hooked up fine in my car for the last month or so. Recently I was driving and tried to change from my favorite phone (mine) to my wifes while driving. This has worked perfectly fine in the past but this time I was not able to switch. Not only was I not able to switch to her phone but now it doesn't recognize either and won't connect. I tried to delete mine and reconnect it but my phone won't recognize the sync and the sync won't recognize my phone.

Any advice?

If rebooting is the only thing I can do, what is the fuse number or location so that I can do a hard reboot?

Sounds like you have same or similar symptoms as I do. Here's a post I made in the Audio, Navigation & SYNC thread:

My phone's been paired with SYNC for over a month when I first performed the pairing. This is not an iPhone; it's an LG - one of the few that works with the text messaging feature. It was working great - pairing immediately when I get in the Edge. But it's been a bit troublesome the past couple weeks doing the pairing. Lately it would not pair at all. Call SYNC support.

They tell me I have to go to the dealer to get SYNC reflashed. SYNC support mentioned there is a known hardware problem with the 2011 Edge SYNC systems. Can't get there till Monday (today is Wednesday).

He also asked me (and I had never heard of this) was if I had removed my phone's battery. Wha? He said some phones will have difficulty with bluetooth pairing after some period of time if the battery is not removed periodically for about 20 seconds. Some phones once a week, others once a month, etc. I tried; did not work. Anyone know of this?

A master rest was also recommended by SYNC support to remedy the pairing issue. Did not work. I have a service appt for Monday morning.

Wilson,

My seat stopped moving forward you may recall. It seems I messed around with the settings too much while the car was on and not in accessory mode. I guess it got confused.

So the dealer had me turn the accessory mode on, set all the desired settings, press 1, and then turn the accessory mode off and open the door. We then unlocked the door with the fob, turned only the accessories on and programmed the fob same way.

It's been working great since then. I think the main thing is you have to open the door. If you don't open the door the accessory mode stays on and it can't finish the programming.

Hope your seat starts working soon.

Thanks for the info.

I just went out and reset everything. Everything works as expected except for the part where it needs to move the seat forward.

While outside of the car I laid the seatback way down, moved it all the way forward, locked the door. Opened the door with Fob and the seat slid back and raised the seatback into place. All that works great until it the car has to slide the seat forward. It just can't do that part on it's own.

Need some help...

Any advice?

Had a virtually identical problem. Pull fuse #29! Bottom of the second row of the interior fuse box.

received my new loaded limited on Tuesday this week, and have noticed the following:

- the clock will not stay correct. always adjusts it self down by 1 hour.

- the MFT screen is super slow......the ambient screen the globes don't move like on the video. you push a color and the globes stall.

- the voice command is hit and miss.

- the sync services are only available for US customers (ie. google maps, weather, traffic reports, etc)

- paired phones disconnect and have to re pair.

Looks like an update will be required some point when available.

m

Donated my MKX to the local dealer for the day. It accomplished nothing more than a phone call could have. At least they could have washed the vehicle...

Regarding the multiple "sensor blocked" warning messages I've received resulting in loss of blindspot/crusie control functionality, they have no clue and are waiting for Ford to get back to them on it. Regarding the touch screen button presses activating a main screen instead of the associated function and the failure of any phonebook addresses to be useable in navigation; these are known issues and Ford is looking into them.

Sure not like the old days when you could have a reasonable expectation that if your new vehicles had problems, the dealer could actually fix them. Theses are probably all software issues that may take many months to remedy.

Donated my MKX to the local dealer for the day. It accomplished nothing more than a phone call could have. At least they could have washed the vehicle...

Regarding the multiple "sensor blocked" warning messages I've received resulting in loss of blindspot/crusie control functionality, they have no clue and are waiting for Ford to get back to them on it. Regarding the touch screen button presses activating a main screen instead of the associated function and the failure of any phonebook addresses to be useable in navigation; these are known issues and Ford is looking into them.

Sure not like the old days when you could have a reasonable expectation that if your new vehicles had problems, the dealer could actually fix them. Theses are probably all software issues that may take many months to remedy.

Makes you wonder if a "reflash" as they are calling it would work then - might just be something didn't load right and needs to start over.

This is why I'm dragging my feet and putting off taking my car in to get "fixed"

They should have something like an Apple Genius Bar to handle the tech

Getting them to wash is probably one of the worse things they could do. NEVER let a dealership wash your car!

;-) you're probably right about that. Though the first time I ever saw my factory ordered MKX, it was being scrubbed down rather thoroughly by the kid in the wash bay...

Hmmm,

My driver's side heated seat seems to only work on high. And it is hotter than I expected. Hey, at least I can say I have a hot butt :yup: ! The low setting doesn't seem to heat up at all. Haven't tried the passenger side yet. Anyone else notice this?

My 2007 Edge never worked on low heat. My 2011 has a very nice low and high setting that actually works

My volume button on the steering wheel sticks occassionally when I use it. Was trying to turn up the volume just a little bit and instead it stuck and kept on going....had my new boss with me, not a good impression when the radio starts blasting some Allman Brothers Band song. Only way I could stop it was to use the volume dial on the center stack.

This has happened three times since I've had my 2011 SEL. Anyone else experience this?

Occasionally when I press the volume up once or twice, I would get a lag and the volume would jump (5 notches) which made it way too loud. This would occur while indexing my iPhone which it the only time playback controls work. After indexing is finished, the playback controls freeze.

Tony,

Just wanted to chime in. I have had my sport for about month now. I have NO issues at all with the vehicle. Yes, the screen is a little slow WHEN compared to a LAPTOP or PC. Please understand that there is not 1 car at 40k that will have PC style reactions IF they even had this amount of information on their screen. I am POSITIVE that Ford will only make it (software) better with the time to come. This is NOT a 1 off car. This will be available in many, if not most, Ford vehicles in the years to come.

Wilsons66604 said, "Also consider that this forum is most likely not a complete cross section of Edge owners. You're going to get posts from people who only report the bad stuff."

This is somewhat true. People love to complain. Not many make a point or the effort to praise something.

So, I will help the others change the stats. I am a former BMW X5 4.8l V8 driver. Had all the bells and whistles. Now I have the Edge Sport. I am very satisfied, especially at half the price. Yes, I miss the 50 extra horses a little and the V8 sound from the pipes, but my wallet weight now may be the reason for this car being somewhat slower off the line. All joking aside, I am very happy with my new car. The tech is nice (and I am a tech guy). Yes it will get better with time. Just watch how many manufacturers will try to catch up SOON. I am glad I made a choice to by American (North American, not forgetting my good neighbors to the North).

I too am a former X5 owner. I've driven BMW's since 1970, and this is the first non-BMW that I've owned. Very happy with my Edge Limited. Even though there a few bugs in SYNC, they are nothing compared to BMW's lousy electronics. Ford did a great job with the new Edge, and I don't miss my X5 at all.

I too am a former X5 owner. I've driven BMW's since 1970, and this is the first non-BMW that I've owned. Very happy with my Edge Limited. Even though there a few bugs in SYNC, they are nothing compared to BMW's lousy electronics. Ford did a great job with the new Edge, and I don't miss my X5 at all.

Yeah and welcome -

That's cool to hear. I am coming out of an Infiniti FX35.

Hey CanuckG35, just a question regarding your comment when picking up the vehicle at the dealer once it's delivered:

Getting them to wash is probably one of the worse things they could do. NEVER let a dealership wash your car!

I was "expecting" my dealer to also wash my truck once it arrived, not sure if they will but was hoping they would..now come to think of it, they'd prob wash it with a broom or something, dirty shamy that's got some rocks in it from being dropped a few times etc...

Do you suggest I contact my dealer and tell them NO WASH before delivering it to me? I was "thinking" it would be best if it was clean so I can see the damages or scratches on it should it have any and them being hidden behind a bunch of dirt? What's the best option for me regarding having them clean it up and me finding any hidden scratches etc...

Thanks!

Tony

Hey CanuckG35, just a question regarding your comment when picking up the vehicle at the dealer once it's delivered:

I was "expecting" my dealer to also wash my truck once it arrived, not sure if they will but was hoping they would..now come to think of it, they'd prob wash it with a broom or something, dirty shamy that's got some rocks in it from being dropped a few times etc...

Do you suggest I contact my dealer and tell them NO WASH before delivering it to me? I was "thinking" it would be best if it was clean so I can see the damages or scratches on it should it have any and them being hidden behind a bunch of dirt? What's the best option for me regarding having them clean it up and me finding any hidden scratches etc...

Thanks!

Tony

I have never had a problem with a dealer washing a new car. If the dealer takes care of his business he would be a fool to scratch or mess up a car when cleaning it before delivery, knowing he will probably have to fix it if he does. My Edge was washed by the dealer and there was no problem.

JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM MY DEALER!!!!!

Hi Tony!

This is so funny cause I left you a msg at work today saying that your car just arrived!!!

Wow!! That was a LOT quicker than I was told and wanted loll and I have no cash to pick it up until next month.

I am so discouraged!!!! I was assured no delivery till December and now this....i wish i was more excited to pick up my 1st brand new car :(

Are they allowed to use my car as their test drive vehicle if it's sitting on their lot???

I have never had a problem with a dealer washing a new car. If the dealer takes care of his business he would be a fool to scratch or mess up a car when cleaning it before delivery, knowing he will probably have to fix it if he does. My Edge was washed by the dealer and there was no problem.

Yet they do it all the time. It's not a noticeable scratch - it's the little spiderwebs and swirls that only really show up on a black or dark vehicle. You probably wouldn't see them on a silver vehicle unless you were detailing it.