Now that it's here - Trick or quirks you are finding

choff1138

You can also change the senstivitiy of the "rain sensor" by rotating the end of the Wiper control where it says "AUTO" from low to high.

I have found that makes a big difference in how often it wipes

Thanks, I'll have to play around with that. Need rain though... Been meaning to re-read the owners manual but am waiting for a 2nd edition for the MKX which hasn't happened for some reason.

Thanks, I'll have to play around with that. Need rain though... Been meaning to re-read the owners manual but am waiting for a 2nd edition for the MKX which hasn't happened for some reason.

Sprinkle a hose on the windshield if you have one, you will be able to play with the intensity of the water to see how the sensor reacts to different amounts of "rain" ;)

I never sit in the passenger seat so I didn't notice this right away.

The right side of the console is not snapped together.

This picture is looking at the console just above the passenger seat and below the silver trim, looking toward the back of the car.

Has anyone else seen any mis-aligned pieces in their car?

I had the exact same thing in my car on the passenger side. I just pushed the piece closest to the seat back in and it snapped in place. If I recall I think I pushed it back into place in more than one place and it snapped both times for me.

My daughter noticed it on Day 2 of my car. It's been fine since that time and I'm at about 5 weeks now. Must be an assembly problem. I originally thought maybe a temperature expansion contraction thing.

I had the exact same thing in my car on the passenger side. I just pushed the piece closest to the seat back in and it snapped in place. If I recall I think I pushed it back into place in more than one place and it snapped both times for me.

My daughter noticed it on Day 2 of my car. It's been fine since that time and I'm at about 5 weeks now. Must be an assembly problem. I originally thought maybe a temperature expansion contraction thing.

I just tried snapping it back in but I think the front piece is jammed too far inboard to let the clip catch. I'll work on it some more when I have day light

Good to hear that someone else had the same issue though.

Wilson,

Also I just looked at your picture, I think you can see the snap in the picture. That's about where I pushed it in. If I recall it will snap in and then in my case there still was a little gap somewhere else and I just pushed around there and I heard another snap and it all closed up.

Wilson,

Also I just looked at your picture, I think you can see the snap in the picture. That's about where I pushed it in. If I recall it will snap in and then in my case there still was a little gap somewhere else and I just pushed around there and I heard another snap and it all closed up.

If you may notice, I think the front piece is pushed in too far and that is resulting in the female part of the snap to be too far in. The back piece can't get into it.

This is starting to remind me of when I pulled my new Camry's console apart to install a iPod interface and a backup camera. I would hate to have to pull this console apart.

I'll most likely let service do it while I have them look at my non-functioning Easy Exit seat issue

I have the NAV on my Edge, and I have noticed an irritating feature. Perhaps someone can tell me how to turn it off.

The red arrow denoting your car always has a white BLINKING circle around it. I am probably the only one, heh, but I find the blinking circle annoying.

Anyway to have it Not blink?

I have the NAV on my Edge, and I have noticed an irritating feature. Perhaps someone can tell me how to turn it off.

The red arrow denoting your car always has a white BLINKING circle around it. I am probably the only one, heh, but I find the blinking circle annoying.

Anyway to have it Not blink?

Good question. I looked through my glove box and couldn't find any Nav documentation. Is there any?

I have decided that sync is just not mac friendly - I can't even seem to get the website to load correctly on my macbook. Good thing were are mulitplatform family and have both in the house. grrrrr microsoft.

Try using Firefox, I believe Safari has out-dated Java code hence why you are having problems.

The sync site works fine for me in FireFox on my Mac. Java engines are OS-level, usually if there's a problem with Java it's because your JVM on the computer isn't up to date.

I have a PC that I sit in front of for 8 - 9 hours a day at work - I will just use that - or the gaming pc downstairs at home.

I have decided that sync is just not mac friendly - I can't even seem to get the website to load correctly on my macbook. Good thing were are mulitplatform family and have both in the house. grrrrr microsoft.

FYI, I use it on OS 10.6, on Safari, and it seems to work ok....

Just an update to all who still are having Easy Entry or Memory seat programming issues.

We were unable to program our memory seats either with or w/o the fob. I followed all the instructions

AND also the tips I learned in this forum. I brought my Edge

in today to the dealer. After actually trying to re-program the Driver's Seat computer program they finally

gave up and ordered a whole new computer module for it.

So for those of you that continue to have problems you may need a new module for the Driver's Seat.

BUT...I STILL LOVE MY EDGE!!!! :yup:

Just an update to all who still are having Easy Entry or Memory seat programming issues.

We were unable to program our memory seats either with or w/o the fob. I followed all the instructions

AND also the tips I learned in this forum. I brought my Edge

in today to the dealer. After actually trying to re-program the Driver's Seat computer program they finally

gave up and ordered a whole new computer module for it.

So for those of you that continue to have problems you may need a new module for the Driver's Seat.

BUT...I STILL LOVE MY EDGE!!!! :yup:

That's kinda good to hear. I need to take mine in to have them look at it. My seat doesn't know how to move itself forward.

I was able to fix it once by pulling fuse 7. The last I tried that, it was no help. Now I have the Easy Entry turned off.

Did they give you an idea of how long it will take to get the module?

My volume button on the steering wheel sticks occassionally when I use it. Was trying to turn up the volume just a little bit and instead it stuck and kept on going....had my new boss with me, not a good impression when the radio starts blasting some Allman Brothers Band song. Only way I could stop it was to use the volume dial on the center stack.

This has happened three times since I've had my 2011 SEL. Anyone else experience this?

My volume button on the steering wheel sticks occassionally when I use it. Was trying to turn up the volume just a little bit and instead it stuck and kept on going....had my new boss with me, not a good impression when the radio starts blasting some Allman Brothers Band song. Only way I could stop it was to use the volume dial on the center stack.

This has happened three times since I've had my 2011 SEL. Anyone else experience this?

Come on! Whipping Post is supposed to be listened to at 100%.rockon.gif I would be impressed if I were your new boss.

I never noticed that problem on my volume control.

I checked with my MacBook Pro and the site loads OK. It is a FLASH animation on the front page. Do you have FLASH installed?

I've had that happen several times to me as well, I gets where it will keep running up and when I try to stop it it will eventually go the other direction. I'm not sure if it is the button or a delayed reaction / hang up with the MyTouch computer. I also had it happen while I was showing someone the car, lol.

I've had the same thing with the steering wheel volume! About 4 times. I tried to make it happen and video tape it for proof but couldn't. Now I keep my camera in the console. today I just got video of the iPod touch very briefly, but a lot of times in a song, "skipping", like an old record. I can't tell if it is skipping or just blanking out a very brief piece of the song, but I got it with 2 songs. Because they are intermittent problems, I want proof when I take it to the dealer.

That's kinda good to hear. I need to take mine in to have them look at it. My seat doesn't know how to move itself forward.

I was able to fix it once by pulling fuse 7. The last I tried that, it was no help. Now I have the Easy Entry turned off.

Did they give you an idea of how long it will take to get the module?

They said it would take 3-4 working days and they would call me next week. We'll see but the Service Tech

sounded like he knew what he was talking about.

Not sure if this is related but I'll throw it in...

Did you know you can adjust your volume depending on your speed? The faster you go, the louder the audio goes.

If memory serves me right I believe you make the selection do on the left 4in. screen.

Maybe that has something to do with your volume control?