Sirus Travel Link doesn't work

JusDaFax

I ordered my 2011 Ford Edge Limited at the beginning of June. I bought the 302A package, towing, 20" wheels...the works. I couldn't wait for it to arrive.

However, I am very dissapointed because the Sirius Travel Link system doesn't work. The Sirius radio works, but none of the cool Travel Link features like Weather, Sports, Movies etc. work. No matter how much we talk to Sirius and no matter how many times they send the signal, the services keeps showing "Unsubscribed." Yes, I am subscribed to all the services and their account shows this. Sirius finally had me take it back to the dealership where they performed a "Hard re-boot" That didn't work either. Now the problem has been escelated to "Ford Engineers." I am soooo bummed.

Anyone else have a similar problem or have any ideas?

• Like 1

I ordered my 2011 Ford Edge Limited at the beginning of June. I bought the 302A package, towing, 20" wheels...the works. I couldn't wait for it to arrive.

However, I am very dissapointed because the Sirius Travel Link system doesn't work. The Sirius radio works, but none of the cool Travel Link features like Weather, Sports, Movies etc. work. No matter how much we talk to Sirius and no matter how many times they send the signal, the services keeps showing "Unsubscribed." Yes, I am subscribed to all the services and their account shows this. Sirius finally had me take it back to the dealership where they performed a "Hard re-boot" That didn't work either. Now the problem has been escelated to "Ford Engineers." I am soooo bummed.

Wow! I'll be sure to check mine this weekend after I take delivery.

Do they think this is on the trial membership?

Wow! I'll be sure to check mine this weekend after I take delivery.

Do they think this is on the trial membership?

It came with a 6 month trial membership for Sirius, Sirus Traffic and Sirius Travel Link. They went through all kinds of stuff trying to get the travel link to work with the trial membership, but it wouldn't. So I said I'd just pay the $280.00 for a full year membership with all those features, hoping that would fix the problem. Turned out all it did was screw me out of the six months free trial membership and the Travel link still doesn't work..

I tried to create an account on Sirius with the ESN. Said it was already in use. So I called. Asked about the 5 out of 8 services that showed "Unsubscribed." After a couple of signals and the car still showing Unsubscribed, I was told that I have everything Sirius has to offer. I have not tried Travel Link or any of the other stuff (Maps, Sports, etc). I did see the NHL, etc contained in the Best of XM upgrade. So I got that goin' for me.

I tried to create an account on Sirius with the ESN. Said it was already in use. So I called. Asked about the 5 out of 8 services that showed "Unsubscribed." After a couple of signals and the car still showing Unsubscribed, I was told that I have everything Sirius has to offer. I have not tried Travel Link or any of the other stuff (Maps, Sports, etc). I did see the NHL, etc contained in the Best of XM upgrade. So I got that goin' for me.

The five out of eight services unsubscribed is the exact same problem I have. My local dealer has been told not to attempt any further repairs. Supposedly Ford engineering is aware of the problem and is working on it. Once it's fixed, I'll update and let you know how they fixed it.

Hello,

Same thing for me, travel link doesn't work on my Edge limited 2011.

Need some help please.

Ron

I've had my Edge for 2 weeks and didn't realize I had Travel Link - but it IS working on my 2011 Edge. (I played with it over lunch hour.) Very cool! I just say "Weather Map" and it brings up the radar map, showing rain moving in.

I can say "Fuel Prices" and it brings up the nearest gas stations and the current fuel price at each. VERY COOL.

So, just to let you know -- it is working on at least one 2011 Edge.

Edited by lakleeman

I've had my Edge for 2 weeks and didn't realize I had Travel Link - but it IS working on my 2011 Edge. (I played with it over lunch hour.) Very cool! I just say "Weather Map" and it brings up the radar map, showing rain moving in.

I can say "Fuel Prices" and it brings up the nearest gas stations and the current fuel price at each. VERY COOL.

So, just to let you know -- it is working on at least one 2011 Edge.

Glad your is working lakleeman. It is a cool feature and I can't wait for Ford & Sirius to get mine fixed.

Can you do me a favor? Can you look at the setting menu for your travel link and find the ESN. Is the ESN for your travel link different than the Sirius radio ESN. Mine are the same and Sirius says that ain't right and may be the problem.

I was expecting to have to activate the radio and all. I guess the dealer did it for me because everything works....kinda

When I try to get weather, the voice says it's not available. The weather comes up anyway. Radar and all.

I ask for traffice but there is NO traffice in Topeka KS. Correct!

I haven't compared the ESNs, I'll have a look tomorrow.

Edited by wilsons66604

Hello,

Here the answer :

We apologize but SYNC's traffic and directions service is not available in Canada at this time. There is no ETA for when it will be available and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Keith

Ford Motor Company

SYNC Support Center

Thank you Ford.

Ron

Hello,

Here the answer :

We apologize but SYNC's traffic and directions service is not available in Canada at this time. There is no ETA for when it will be available and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Keith

Ford Motor Company

SYNC Support Center

Thank you Ford.

Ron

Sorry to hear that, it is a very cool feature. I'm a little skeptical of that answer since several of us in the US are having the same problem. Also, it is a satellite based system. Last time I looked at a map Canada was under the same sky as the USA.

Just curious, in Canada, do you see the commercials where the woman is using the weather and fuel prices feature? Those are part of the Sirius Travel Link system. If it doesn't work in Canada, they shouldn't advertise it in Canada.

I live in Colorado. I wonder what their answer to me is going to be. I can tell you right now, if they can't get this thing working, they are going to have a very unsatisfied customer on their hands.

Sorry to hear that, it is a very cool feature. I'm a little skeptical of that answer since several of us in the US are having the same problem. Also, it is a satellite based system. Last time I looked at a map Canada was under the same sky as the USA.

Just curious, in Canada, do you see the commercials where the woman is using the weather and fuel prices feature? Those are part of the Sirius Travel Link system. If it doesn't work in Canada, they shouldn't advertise it in Canada.

I live in Colorado. I wonder what their answer to me is going to be. I can tell you right now, if they can't get this thing working, they are going to have a very unsatisfied customer on their hands.

Doesn't work in Alaska or Hawaii either and we are still US...

Don't get confused, Sync traffic and directions is not the same thing as Sirius Travel Link. However neither one is available in Canada. Has nothing to do with what sky one is under, it's all about who's providing data and licences and regulations and such.

And Ford of Canada commercials are usually completely different from US commercials.

Can you do me a favor? Can you look at the setting menu for your travel link and find the ESN. Is the ESN for your travel link different than the Sirius radio ESN. Mine are the same and Sirius says that ain't right and may be the problem.

The ESN for my Travel Link and the ESN for the radio are the same. And everything is working great.

I am having the same problem as everyone else. Mine was manufactured on August 30th how about everyone else?

All of the Sirius Travel Link services work for me. I have a 2011 Edge Limited

It was manufactured on 9/10. The dealer set everything up for me before I went to pick it up. Hope you get yours resolved soon.

All of the Sirius Travel Link services work for me. I have a 2011 Edge Limited

It was manufactured on 9/10. The dealer set everything up for me before I went to pick it up. Hope you get yours resolved soon.

Mine is working too. In fact, I sent driving directions from google maps to travel link and then downloaded them to the nav system. Pretty neat.

• 2 weeks later...

I would be interesting to know what is different about the 2011 Edge cars that ARE working. Perhaps post the version of Sync updates applied? My new 2011 Edge (bought yesterday) has the same problems listed in this thread. I updated the Sync to version 1.3, but the website indicates there is a Dealer-installed update yet to be performed. I wonder of the "working" cars out there had the dealer patch applied?

Cave

I would be interesting to know what is different about the 2011 Edge cars that ARE working. Perhaps post the version of Sync updates applied? My new 2011 Edge (bought yesterday) has the same problems listed in this thread. I updated the Sync to version 1.3, but the website indicates there is a Dealer-installed update yet to be performed. I wonder of the "working" cars out there had the dealer patch applied?

Cave

I thought I was upgrading the software via USB and then I tried to upload the status of the the update on mySync. It errored out. so I chatted with Ford support and was told there are no updates for the 11 Edge.

My Sirus worked as soon as I got in the car. I assume the dealership activated it (the one thing the dealership got right)

If yours isn't working, I would first suspect the dealership as setting it up wrong.

I thought I was upgrading the software via USB and then I tried to upload the status of the the update on mySync. It errored out. so I chatted with Ford support and was told there are no updates for the 11 Edge.

My Sirus worked as soon as I got in the car. I assume the dealership activated it (the one thing the dealership got right)

If yours isn't working, I would first suspect the dealership as setting it up wrong.

My 11 Edge was manufactured the week of Sept 27, I picked it up this past Friday. Everything, including Travel Link works fine. Dealer hadn't set anything up prior. When I showed up, salesman peeled off the plastic on the main screen, paired my Blackberry, we plugged in my iPod touch, he took Nav card out of box and plugged it in, we called people, looked at traffic and weather, set favorites on radio and Sirius.

All is well

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Picked up my New 2001 Edge limited last week. Sirius travel link worked last weekend just fine. Tried it today... unsubscribed on all but music and weather. Spent an hour with Sirius and 20 minutes with Ford... no help. They told me to take to the dealer.

Mine is working too. In fact, I sent driving directions from google maps to travel link and then downloaded them to the nav system. Pretty neat.

How did you do that? Are there instructions in the manual(s)?

We got our SEL on April 28, 2011. I only get to drive it on the weekends so I have not had time to try all of the features. I did find gasoline prices one time.