First Mod

sandjunkie

STUNNING!!

I love your White color and the tints are such a nice contrast!

When I went to the dealer to order mine, I sorta wanted White as my last car was Black for 4 years and at the time what I thought was their White "demo" SEL and I didn't like to much. I hated that it was more pearly, beige and I wanted a pure White look. After looking at your car and going back on the Ford Canada site, I can see that the SEL has a White Suede which prob what I saw and didn't like so much and that the Limited options only have the White Platinum which you have.

Knowing this now, wow, I may have chosen the White. I know my dealer is only putting the order in on Wednesday (by my request) and am totally torn between the White and Black now :(

I know Black is harder to make look clean at all times and shown more dust etc...but my wife prefers it this color. Me, I want a change and love the look of the White for a change of color.

I don't know if I like the White in the sport only though with the Black grill vs. the Chrome, I know I am attracted to this Black grill look.

The only thing that makes me want the Black is the matching lower body trim color. It seems like the Limited model has Black "plastic" trim around front and rear bumper and below doors, I don't know if I would enjoy the obvious look of the contrasting plastic whereas the sport is painted to match.

I am contemplating if I could simply order a Black sport grill and have it put onto my Limited, I'm guessing this will soon become a popular mod. Also wondering if I can get the lower body trim below doors and below front bumper from the sport added to the Limited. Won't work for the rear as I bought the tow package.

Tony

Love the tint and color combination! Thinking of doing that exact same setup.

What film and % did you use? Looks like a really strong match to the back (although a bit hard to tell in that pic). Did you use a ceramic or metallic tint? I've been partial to ceramic with all the electronics in the cars, don't need any extra interference for GPS, etc.

Also, did you put film on the back windows extra or just leave the factory tint?

STUNNING!!

I love your White color and the tints are such a nice contrast!

When I went to the dealer to order mine, I sorta wanted White as my last car was Black for 4 years and at the time what I thought was their White "demo" SEL and I didn't like to much. I hated that it was more pearly, beige and I wanted a pure White look. After looking at your car and going back on the Ford Canada site, I can see that the SEL has a White Suede which prob what I saw and didn't like so much and that the Limited options only have the White Platinum which you have.

Knowing this now, wow, I may have chosen the White. I know my dealer is only putting the order in on Wednesday (by my request) and am totally torn between the White and Black now :(

I know Black is harder to make look clean at all times and shown more dust etc...but my wife prefers it this color. Me, I want a change and love the look of the White for a change of color.

I don't know if I like the White in the sport only though with the Black grill vs. the Chrome, I know I am attracted to this Black grill look.

The only thing that makes me want the Black is the matching lower body trim color. It seems like the Limited model has Black "plastic" trim around front and rear bumper and below doors, I don't know if I would enjoy the obvious look of the contrasting plastic whereas the sport is painted to match.

I am contemplating if I could simply order a Black sport grill and have it put onto my Limited, I'm guessing this will soon become a popular mod. Also wondering if I can get the lower body trim below doors and below front bumper from the sport added to the Limited. Won't work for the rear as I bought the tow package.

Tony

My wife wanted me to change the black grill for a chrome one like the limited. I talked her out of it. The chrome grill from Ford is $380.

• 1 month later...

My wife wanted me to change the black grill for a chrome one like the limited. I talked her out of it. The chrome grill from Ford is $380.

We should be getting our 2011 Ltd soon - if it ever ships that is - was built Oct 11 (12?) and still hasn't shipped.

Anyway - maybe trade the grills? My wife likes the black.

How are you guys tracking your orders?

The easiest way is to message Ford Customer Service on twitter with your VIN and ask for an update. If you want more detailed info, though, ask Cyberdman on the blue oval forums.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

You have to have made 10 posts on that forum though, and make sure you read his rules before you post anything. He's nice if you follow his rules.

Rules: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41207-attention-for-updates-please-read-me/

The easiest way is to message Ford Customer Service on twitter with your VIN and ask for an update. If you want more detailed info, though, ask Cyberdman on the blue oval forums.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

You have to have made 10 posts on that forum though, and make sure you read his rules before you post anything. He's nice if you follow his rules.

Rules: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41207-attention-for-updates-please-read-me/

Hunter, thanks for posting this! Do our posts count here or is that a separate entity?

Hunter, thanks for posting this! Do our posts count here or is that a separate entity?

As far as I can tell, they do not. You'll just have to make 10 random posts to meet the requirement. He'll be able to tell what you did, so just make sure you follow his rules and read through a few earlier threads to get an idea of how to go about asking...he's been known to get an attitude or flat out refuse people if they make him angry.

I love the tinted front side windows! That simply looks awesome and I would love to do that to mine. Damn the Michigan laws!

Agreed, I'd love to have modestly tinted front windows. However tinted front windows are illegal in Alberta even though I can see many vehicles here every day with front tints.As this law seems like it isn't being enforced, I may go ahead and get 35% tints on my MKX. I'm assuming they can be removed without too much trouble?