2011+ Nav Screen Wallpapers

Apple Wallpapers

You've got your iPhone and you've got your iPad - turn your Nav screen into an Apple junkie just like you!

post-10792-016039700 1287159351_thumb.jpg

Download:

Apple HTP Pack.zip

Wallpaper Wallpapers (hehe)

These are old-house wallpaper style backgrounds that add a pretty cool look to the nav screen.

post-10792-017956300 1287159729_thumb.jpg

Download:

Wallpapers Wallpaper Pack.zip

Misc Wallpapers

These are some pretty fun ones ranging from Daft Punk to the Ford Edge to graffiti. It's even got a broken LCD and the Bluescreen of Death!!

post-10792-017990700 1287159739_thumb.jpg

Download:

Misc HTP Pack.zip

Here's two different camera phone pics of mine

post-10792-097800800 1287159953_thumb.jpg

post-10792-092251600 1287159963_thumb.jpg (teehee)

• Like 2

How did you get them to load on the vehicle. I have a picture saved into the vehicle, but nothing displays?

I put mine on a flash drive - then go to Display Settings (I think that's the one) and change the background. Then you'll hit "Add" to add a new one (should have a default Ford oval already in there) browse the flash drive and add the one you want. You can only have around 30 I believe saved at one time. Once you've got it set and saved - click the home button at the bottom to go to the home screen - then press it again and select the top option (there are three options: 1 block, 4 blocks, and a third with lots of blocks... like 6 or 8). As far as I can tell, there's no way to make "1 block" the default - it will go back to the 4-square display when you shut the car off and turn it back on. (can anyone offer insight into this?)

If you're still having trouble I'll make a step-by-step with pictures.

• Like 1

How did you get them to load on the vehicle. I have a picture saved into the vehicle, but nothing displays?

I had to "downrez" some pictures to get it to show once uploaded to the Car. I found somewhere an optimal resolution noted in the docs. If you load a picture that has too many pixels, it will display as black screen. :stats:

I had to "downrez" some pictures to get it to show once uploaded to the Car. I found somewhere an optimal resolution noted in the docs. If you load a picture that has too many pixels, it will display as black screen. :stats:

that's odd - surely you're not talking about these pictures? I have them sized specifically for the nav screen on the new Edge.

that's odd - surely you're not talking about these pictures? I have them sized specifically for the nav screen on the new Edge.

No sorry, not the ones on this thread to download (they fit perfect). I meant pictures from my camera I had on my PC. They were higher rez than the Ford screen and needed to be down rez'd.

So if you try to custom import some of your own pictures, be sure to size them so the FMT screen will show them...too many pixels will give you a black screen.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info on adding pictures guys. One more question though, is there nothing in the system to cycle through the wallpapers? If not, I'm kind of suprised. From what I could tell, looks like you can save only one at a time and then need click Home > Wallpaper when you want to see it?

When else is it displayed...or is this all there is?

Thanks!!

Edited by tknice

I have a question / problem....

After reading this post, I liked what I saw in the "Misc Wallpapers", there were a bunch I wanted to have for my Edge e.g. classic windows screen and of course..the cracked screen!

After seeing how many downloads had been done on this one, I figured, why not and tried to download it as well. I tried to open and it would not open the zip file. I did a "save as" to my desk top and was still unable to open it??

I did a left click, and wanted to see if I had some sort of WinZip or something but when I went to "open with", it suggested internet explorer and so I chose that one. Immediately after doing so my computer when bizzerk??!? Tons of windows started opening up, I couldn't control anything and the computer just froze up? When I rebooted, all I got was a blank screen and the computer told me it was trying to search and repair damaged files. It just kept showing thousands of ".tmp" files and was doing things I never saw it do, even or hard shut downs in the past.

After the black screen closed, I loaded windows and my Norton Anti Virus was completely corrupted and shut done, gone from my computer. I needed a Norton tech via internet to help me re-load it and even at that, they were totally unable to gain remote access to my computer.

Question...for those of you who had downloaded this file, what the heck did you do and have you had any problems??

I am going nuts now trying to figure out if I got some sort of major virus on my computer or not before I go and spend money to have someone do a professional check on it as I am not confident for some reason that all is ok with it now :(

Help please!

I have a question / problem....

After reading this post, I liked what I saw in the "Misc Wallpapers", there were a bunch I wanted to have for my Edge e.g. classic windows screen and of course..the cracked screen!

After seeing how many downloads had been done on this one, I figured, why not and tried to download it as well. I tried to open and it would not open the zip file. I did a "save as" to my desk top and was still unable to open it??

I did a left click, and wanted to see if I had some sort of WinZip or something but when I went to "open with", it suggested internet explorer and so I chose that one. Immediately after doing so my computer when bizzerk??!? Tons of windows started opening up, I couldn't control anything and the computer just froze up? When I rebooted, all I got was a blank screen and the computer told me it was trying to search and repair damaged files. It just kept showing thousands of ".tmp" files and was doing things I never saw it do, even or hard shut downs in the past.

After the black screen closed, I loaded windows and my Norton Anti Virus was completely corrupted and shut done, gone from my computer. I needed a Norton tech via internet to help me re-load it and even at that, they were totally unable to gain remote access to my computer.

Question...for those of you who had downloaded this file, what the heck did you do and have you had any problems??

I am going nuts now trying to figure out if I got some sort of major virus on my computer or not before I go and spend money to have someone do a professional check on it as I am not confident for some reason that all is ok with it now :(

Help please!

that's crazy - you might've had something before you downloaded the wallpapers - they don't have any viruses in them (just jpeg photos) and nobody else has reported anything wigging out when they downloaded them.

I like PeaZip if you don't have anything to unzip the file with. It's free and pretty easy to use. 7zip is free and a little more advanced.

not to hijack my own thread, but If you're needing to get your computer cleaned up, try running a few malware scanners like AdAware, Spybot Search & Destroy, and if you're feeling confident try Hijack this (but it can be pretty tricky to use and dangerous if you delete the wrong items so newbies beware). Then it'd be in your best interest to download something to keep your computer clean and prevent it from happening again try Avast or AVG Free. They're both free and both do a good job. Norton and McAfee and the likes are too expensive and too invasive and always screw up my computers.

Apple Wallpapers

You've got your iPhone and you've got your iPad - turn your Nav screen into an Apple junkie just like you!

post-10792-016039700 1287159351_thumb.jpg

Download:

Apple HTP Pack.zip

Wallpaper Wallpapers (hehe)

These are old-house wallpaper style backgrounds that add a pretty cool look to the nav screen.

post-10792-017956300 1287159729_thumb.jpg

Download:

Wallpapers Wallpaper Pack.zip

Misc Wallpapers

These are some pretty fun ones ranging from Daft Punk to the Ford Edge to graffiti. It's even got a broken LCD and the Bluescreen of Death!!

post-10792-017990700 1287159739_thumb.jpg

Download:

Misc HTP Pack.zip

Here's two different camera phone pics of mine

post-10792-097800800 1287159953_thumb.jpg

post-10792-092251600 1287159963_thumb.jpg (teehee)

We need a wallpaper with the EDGE logo! :rockon:

Here ya go!

I took a pic, then messed around some in Ps. :stats: Ain't the best, but it's an Edge logo 800x378 suitable for framing.

Since BluEdge is blue, that's whatcha get. And another pic to show how it looks installed as wallpaper...

You inspire me to vectorize the new 2011 Edge Logo so that you can easily add it to pictures and stuff in a photo editor like Corel or Photoshop.

Since I can't attach vector EPS files to a fordedgeforum.com post I'll have to host it on my own site:

http://hometeamperformance.com/images/2011edgelogo.eps

I have Illustrator CS4 but I saved it in a legacy format so you should be able to open it no matter what version of Photoshop or Illustrator you have. Corel and GIMP users, you'll have to let me know if you can open it or not.

Here's an example of how you can drop the EPS file into Photoshop and whip yourself up a wallpaper using it:

post-10792-045169500 1290788534_thumb.jpg

Edited by rwbronco

• 1 month later...

You inspire me to vectorize the new 2011 Edge Logo so that you can easily add it to pictures and stuff in a photo editor like Corel or Photoshop.

Since I can't attach vector EPS files to a fordedgeforum.com post I'll have to host it on my own site:

http://hometeamperformance.com/images/2011edgelogo.eps

I have Illustrator CS4 but I saved it in a legacy format so you should be able to open it no matter what version of Photoshop or Illustrator you have. Corel and GIMP users, you'll have to let me know if you can open it or not.

Here's an example of how you can drop the EPS file into Photoshop and whip yourself up a wallpaper using it:

post-10792-045169500 1290788534_thumb.jpg

YAY! That's fantastic, thank you!!