2011 Edge Limited

mushroom88

• 3 weeks later...

I too had my sights on a Venza.....so much so that I recommended the purchase to friends of mine and they bought one. Two weeks later I read all about the EDGE and I changed my mind and ordered the Ford instead. I just got the call today saying it has arrived. (Ordered on Sept 29th). Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow. My friends on the other hand are giving me grief for recommending Toyota and then buying a Ford. Oh well :banghead:

I too had my sights on a Venza.....so much so that I recommended the purchase to friends of mine and they bought one. Two weeks later I read all about the EDGE and I changed my mind and ordered the Ford instead. I just got the call today saying it has arrived. (Ordered on Sept 29th). Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow. My friends on the other hand are giving me grief for recommending Toyota and then buying a Ford. Oh well :banghead:

^ That sucks, but it is funny.... Maybe you can complain to them about a few MyFord Touch problems. Theyll feel better and youll save some face. Theyll end up thinking they got the better vehicle.

Was very happy to find this site! Was going back and forth between an Edge and a Venza but once I realized there was a forum of other Edge owners and after reading about of positive things, it helped me make my purchase on Saturday.

Can't wait for 6-8 weeks to roll on by!

Thanks everyone!

You should have done some more reading. There are a lot of negative things people are finding out about the 2011 Edges. Check it out here http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/forum/6-audio-navigation-%26-sync/

You should have done some more reading. There are a lot of negative things people are finding out about the 2011 Edges. Check it out here http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/forum/6-audio-navigation-%26-sync/

I may be wrong here, but it appears that almost all of the negative comments on the EDGE revolve around the MyFordTouch system. I haven't seen anything else that people are complaining about as I have searched throughout the board. I also haven't seen many responses from people who have had there software updated with the latest software over the past few days, so I am curious as to how this update helps alleviate some of the issues.

As for myself, I am waiting for my SEL to be built..can't wait to receive it. I can deal with myfordtouch issues right now as I know Ford needs to keep updating this as they introduce the system into more and more vehicles.

• Like 1

I may be wrong here, but it appears that almost all of the negative comments on the EDGE revolve around the MyFordTouch system. I haven't seen anything else that people are complaining about as I have searched throughout the board. I also haven't seen many responses from people who have had there software updated with the latest software over the past few days, so I am curious as to how this update helps alleviate some of the issues.

As for myself, I am waiting for my SEL to be built..can't wait to receive it. I can deal with myfordtouch issues right now as I know Ford needs to keep updating this as they introduce the system into more and more vehicles.

Yes, it seems all the issues revolve around the MFT, but there is no way I could buy one after reading about all the cars going back to the dealership and the dealership can’t fix the problems. I will wait a year or two before I make my decision. I hope Ford can fix all the issues with MFT because the Sport looks very good.

Yes, it seems all the issues revolve around the MFT, but there is no way I could buy one after reading about all the cars going back to the dealership and the dealership can’t fix the problems. I will wait a year or two before I make my decision. I hope Ford can fix all the issues with MFT because the Sport looks very good.

It is really sad to hear that some one won't get this car based on this forum. I know that I can't be the only person out there that hasn't had any problems the the mft. yes it is slow, but I have never had to pull a fuse or go to the dealer in three months.

you will be missing out.

It is really sad to hear that some one won't get this car based on this forum. I know that I can't be the only person out there that hasn't had any problems the the mft. yes it is slow, but I have never had to pull a fuse or go to the dealer in three months.

you will be missing out.

Completely agree. First of all, I love MyFord Touch. Haven't had any serious problems with it at all. Yes, it needs an update, but an update is coming, so...

I feel like too many people are ONLY looking at MyFord Touch when looking at the Edge. It's so much more than this great technology... even without MFT it would still be a fantastic crossover. It's beautiful and stylish, very comfortable and roomy, quite, fun to drive, and has lots of fantastic features (vista roof, intelligent access, vision package, ambient lighting, etc.)

I really do feel sorry for you if you're holding out simply because of MFT. There's so much to love about the Edge, and the MFT system is going to be updated before long.

Yes, it seems all the issues revolve around the MFT, but there is no way I could buy one after reading about all the cars going back to the dealership and the dealership can't fix the problems. I will wait a year or two before I make my decision. I hope Ford can fix all the issues with MFT because the Sport looks very good.

I really do love my 2011 Sport. Great driving, comfortable crossover that thinks its a sports sedan. I was a little sad when the battery died and it had to go back to the dealer overnight, but thats definitely not a dealbreaker in any way for me. No buyers remorse whatsoever. Im confident that the updates to the MFT will be out soon.

Completely agree. First of all, I love MyFord Touch. Haven't had any serious problems with it at all. Yes, it needs an update, but an update is coming, so...

I feel like too many people are ONLY looking at MyFord Touch when looking at the Edge. It's so much more than this great technology... even without MFT it would still be a fantastic crossover. It's beautiful and stylish, very comfortable and roomy, quite, fun to drive, and has lots of fantastic features (vista roof, intelligent access, vision package, ambient lighting, etc.)

I really do feel sorry for you if you're holding out simply because of MFT. There's so much to love about the Edge, and the MFT system is going to be updated before long.

I agree also, I have had my edge for about 6 weeks and the only problem I have is with the middle screen staying on when you open and shut the door while it is unlocked, if you lock and then unlock the doors with the door closed, the screen will go off. The pluses certainly outweigh the negatives. Given time Ford will mix all the problems with the MFT. The Touch on my Edge works as I would expect. There are some that have major problems with the MFT but there are also a whole lot that don't. If you like the vehicle otherwise buy it, I still do not regret buying the 2011 Edge.

I agree also, I have had my edge for about 6 weeks and the only problem I have is with the middle screen staying on when you open and shut the door while it is unlocked, if you lock and then unlock the doors with the door closed, the screen will go off. The pluses certainly outweigh the negatives. Given time Ford will mix all the problems with the MFT. The Touch on my Edge works as I would expect. There are some that have major problems with the MFT but there are also a whole lot that don't. If you like the vehicle otherwise buy it, I still do not regret buying the 2011 Edge.

Despite hearing about the MFT problems, I'm still not too concerned. Almost all cars have some issues and as long as the manufacturer addresses them in a timely manner, that's all that matters to me - others might feel differently however.

When deciding between the Edge and Venza, it came down to what you summed up best curlysir, "if you like the vehicle, buy it". Edge it was! Still waiting for it to come in.. hurry up car!

Like others on this forum, we too were interested in a Toyota Venza. Fortunately the day we took one out for an extensive test drive it was very (VERY) windy and was blowing accross the main highway. My wife, who is a competent driver (she used to rallye) found the handling imprecise and the car wandered considerably when we passed a semi (we were on the "partial vacuum" side), Cancel the Venza. A Ford dealer was nearby so we took out a 2011 Edge and repeated the same test in the same area. This time my wife said she was always in complete control and the Edge remained stable.

That was on October 20, we ordered a 2011 Edge on October 22. It will be delivered to the dealer tomorrow so we hope to pick it up on Monday, Dec 6.

All the issues do not revolve around the My_Touch system. It's true that most of them do. Here's one about the key remotes in this same sub-forum http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/5820-2011-edge-ia-key-not-working/

Personally, in addition to an impressive bunch of MyLincoln Touch bugs, I have experienced recurring issues with the collision warning / adaptive cruise sensors and blindspot sensors giving false sensor blocked error messages and shutting down. It means I can rarely drive more than 1/2 hour on the highway before I have to pull over and restart the vehicle to regain the functionality. None of the climate control features work with my remote start as they should. My dealer has no idea on how to fix either of these problems; supposedly they are waiting on Ford to provide some guidance. A month later and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

There is no official software update available from Ford at this time. Some have received an update from their dealer, some have been told by the dealer that Ford tells them not to install any updates as it may make the issues worse. My dealer simply tells me to wait. Ford has a real mess on their hands and it seems to be getting worse daily.