2012 Redesign?

oakjefferson

Does anyone know if 2012 will be a completely new design or continue with the 2011 refresh look? I believe the Escape will be all new.

http://machinespider.com/2010/10/2012-ford-escape-hybrid-suv-photos-specifications-reviews-price/

If I had to guess looking at those photos though, that looks like more like a next generation Edge than Escape

In that 3rd picture, there are 2 different vehicles side by side. The one on the right is stunning, just stunning. Love the front end, the wheels, the side especially. It is a knarly beast!!! Love it. The other version is OK, but not nearly as visually stunning as the one on the right. If they build that one, it had better be at a plant with a lot of capacity!!

In that 3rd picture, there are 2 different vehicles side by side. The one on the right is stunning, just stunning. Love the front end, the wheels, the side especially. It is a knarly beast!!! Love it. The other version is OK, but not nearly as visually stunning as the one on the right. If they build that one, it had better be at a plant with a lot of capacity!!

I went back and forth between the escape and the edge before deciding on the edge. This potential new body image would have made it really easy to pick the edge. I don't like any of the pictures. blah!! good thing there are many different car styles for all of us to pick from.

I love my 11 edge though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah - the new Escape is based on the Kuga - I'm sure they're going to take the winning European formula and Americanize it a bit for this market.

As for the one on the right - pretty sure that is just a concept - doubt that will ever go into production, though it looks almost like the inspiration for the Kuga on the left.

As for the 2012 Edge - since they just redid the sheetmetal, it is unlikely they'll make exterior changes (though it would be nice if they offered a "body-colored grill" option.... If anything, they'll likely add some new interior features - remember... Chevy just announced something similar to mytouch - Ford's gotta keep ahead of the Joneses.

• 11 months later...

I wonder if they'll do a model of the MKX with the 22" wheels like they've done in the past?

I just Baught a 2012 Edge limited with every option but the 22 inch wheels and all wheel drive. I balked at the $1500 price of the wheels. The 18 " wheels are just fine and she rolls as well as expected. just wish the Gas milage was closer to the advertised number. Getting 21 on the highway instead of 27.

I just Baught a 2012 Edge limited with every option but the 22 inch wheels and all wheel drive. I balked at the $1500 price of the wheels. The 18 " wheels are just fine and she rolls as well as expected. just wish the Gas milage was closer to the advertised number. Getting 21 on the highway instead of 27.

How many miles on your car? My mileage was about 4-5 mpg less when new. At around 2K miles it opened up and now I get close to the advertised mileage.

• 2 months later...