2011 Edge Cargo net

I don't really get the cargo net...I have it hooked up to the wire loops on the floor near the door, and wrapped the net around the plastic loops on the sides...BUT If I put eggs inside the net,the door will hit the eggs when I close it...Am I supposed to hook the net around the flat mushroom hooks further forward in the vehicle as well? I couldn't find the installation instructions....

Edited by samskudd

Ok. I'm an idiot too, that's not how I received mine, and not how I kept it. Lol mine is straight up and down against the back. Lol. I like this setup better. Is this how it was designed to be? Makes sense of the mushroom top knobs.

I didn't receive mine that way either. I don't want to start anything here but I just used female logic and put it on the way I thought it should go! lol :cheerleader:

• Like 1

I don't have your logic Trisha but I also thought about hooking the net to the knobs

but then...

I saw in the manual that those two knobs are for grocery bags.

The utility hook can be used to hang small items such as grocery bags, etc. Do not hang more than 10 lb (4.5 kg) on the hook.

The manual says this for the cargo net:

The cargo net secures lightweight objects in the cargo area. Attach the net to the loops and anchors provided.

The drawing shows it in the vertical position

I don't have your logic Trisha but I also thought about hooking the net to the knobs

but then...

I saw in the manual that those two knobs are for grocery bags.

The utility hook can be used to hang small items such as grocery bags, etc. Do not hang more than 10 lb (4.5 kg) on the hook.

The manual says this for the cargo net:

The cargo net secures lightweight objects in the cargo area. Attach the net to the loops and anchors provided.

The drawing shows it in the vertical position

Yeah, I saw that about the grocery bags and I thought it was kind of dumb. Not saying my thinking was any clearer but hey it works and my eggs don't get cracked! :victory:

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a sliding cargo cover available for the 2011 Edge? I have one in my 08 Saturn Vue and use it often to hide items that I have in the back. I am guessing no since there are not any tracks for a cover along the sides. Just curious...

The OEM Ford cargo cover is a $125.00US vinyl and elastic band piece of ****. I intend to use a small blanket until a better after-market solution is available.

Edited by netizenX

• 4 months later...

The cargo cover is a piece of junk...terribly designed and manufactured. Ford should be ashamed of themselves for charging $125 for this flimsy, unattractive piece of jury-rigged thin plastic. I'd like to return it...but I think it was part of a package we opted for. I'd also like to know what the two extra loops at the bottom of the cargo net are for. I attached the two plastic hooks to the metal loops on the car body and the two elastic loops at top to the connectors nearest the door.

See attached picture of cargo bag attachment mystery.

The OEM Ford cargo cover is a $125.00US vinyl and elastic band piece of ****. I intend to use a small blanket until a better after-market solution is available.

post-15783-014910600 1304549162_thumb.jpg

I'd also like to know what the two extra loops at the bottom of the cargo net are for.

There are 2 hidden hooks, around 10 inches towards the outside of the car where the hooks will go, look at Trisha07.07.07 's picture at the bottom 2 outside hoops, you will find out where to place them.

BTW, I think Trisha07.07.07 tops hooks are in the wrong place.

I only use the inside of that cargo net for things like rags or clothes or soft materials for the same reason, door contact.

I have an auxiliary cargo storage box (kind of like a box, but nylon and resizeable) that I use for groceries and such. The cargo net's most useful moment was keeping a bike from sliding around and contacting the hatch's plastic bits.

There are 2 hidden hooks, around 10 inches towards the outside of the car where the hooks will go, look at Trisha07.07.07 's picture at the bottom 2 outside hoops, you will find out where to place them.

BTW, I think Trisha07.07.07 tops hooks are in the wrong place.

Trish has it hooked to the two "grocery bag" hooks

I don't like that config so I hook the top loops on the 2 hooks closer to the tailgate.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The cargo cover is a piece of junk...terribly designed and manufactured. Ford should be ashamed of themselves for charging $125 for this flimsy, unattractive piece of jury-rigged thin plastic. I'd like to return it...but I think it was part of a package we opted for. I'd also like to know what the two extra loops at the bottom of the cargo net are for. I attached the two plastic hooks to the metal loops on the car body and the two elastic loops at top to the connectors nearest the door.

See attached picture of cargo bag attachment mystery.

The mystery loop in your picture gets attached to a small plastic hook that is built into the trim just below the square metals loops. If you have a cargo liner, you may have to move it to see the plastic hooks.

For What it's Worth, those lower loops that hook to the bottom corner trim-- NEVER stay in place anyway.

Only useful loops are the upper black hooks mounted on the interior of the bay, and the lower metal d-rings where the plastic hooks of the cargo net attach.

The trim hooks stink and slip off before ever making it home. The cargo net in general is kinda' a joke-- given it's proximity to the door.

For What it's Worth, those lower loops that hook to the bottom corner trim-- NEVER stay in place anyway.

Only useful loops are the upper black hooks mounted on the interior of the bay, and the lower metal d-rings where the plastic hooks of the cargo net attach.

The trim hooks stink and slip off before ever making it home. The cargo net in general is kinda' a joke-- given it's proximity to the door.

My cargo net stays on all hooks. I haven't had a single problem with it.

Now if we could only get a decent cargo shade to work...

This looks exactly like the cargo net for the Navigator (well, at least the 2000/2001 models). It hooked onto the four of those rounded hooks right at the back of the cargo area by rear gate. It was nice when you opened the window (not the entire gate) as you could put small items in the net. It's a pain when you want to put larger items in the full bay as you have to take it off. In our original car, the net frayed and was useless after about 2 years. Our later one it's lasted for five or six now without issue but it's not a great item. For the Edge, it's a lot less useful as it's always in the way instead of being easily reachable through the window.

My cargo net stays on all hooks. I haven't had a single problem with it.

Now if we could only get a decent cargo shade to work...

Mine must be loose as a goose then. The plastic hooks hold it just fine, but those lower loops that connect the bottom pillar on either side of the drawer slip off without any effort.

I use it strictly to carry groceries anyway, so I guess it's not a huge deal-- just a crappy design.

Completely agree on the cargo shade, I wanted one until I read how crappy the ford offerring was....