2011 Edge/MKX My Touch and Sync Problems

akirby

OK...After 19 days of ownership and flawless MFT, I had my first glitch today.

Started car up, phone synced up, iPod was already connected via USB. On Entertainment screen there was a popup that said "iPhone disconnected." It won't go away. I tried the phone, it works. The iPod is playing songs. I even powered down the phone and after MFT said no phone connected I powered on my phone again. In the Main screen, the top left corner says "iPhone connected" yet in the Entertainment screen it still says "iPhone disconnected". The phone IS connected...it works.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to do the infamous Fuse 29 pull.

Edited by seabee78

OK...After 19 days of ownership and flawless MFT, I had my first glitch today.

Started car up, phone synced up, iPod was already connected via USB. On Entertainment screen there was a popup that said "iPhone disconnected." It won't go away. I tried the phone, it works. The iPod is playing songs. I even powered down the phone and after MFT said no phone connected I powered on my phone again. In the Main screen, the top left corner says "iPhone connected" yet in the Entertainment screen it still says "iPhone disconnected". The phone IS connected...it works.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to do the infamous Fuse 29 pull.

If you've got v2.11 installed, there's a good chance that it will reboot itself in the background the next time the car is shut down.

In reality, it's no different than having to reboot your PC occasionally, except they made it a pain to do. After pulling fuse 29 a couple of times I finally actually installed a toggle switch in the power line going to the APIM so I could reset it whenever I wanted to. I don't have to do it that often but it's so much nicer than having to squeeze in there, pull off two covers, remove the fuse, and then replace it without dropping it.

Now I just drop the glove box and flip a small, recessed switch off, and then back on.

If you've got v2.11 installed, there's a good chance that it will reboot itself in the background the next time the car is shut down.

In reality, it's no different than having to reboot your PC occasionally, except they made it a pain to do. After pulling fuse 29 a couple of times I finally actually installed a toggle switch in the power line going to the APIM so I could reset it whenever I wanted to. I don't have to do it that often but it's so much nicer than having to squeeze in there, pull off two covers, remove the fuse, and then replace it without dropping it.

Now I just drop the glove box and flip a small, recessed switch off, and then back on.

That's an awesome idea. Is it a toggle or a pushbutton/reset type?

That's an awesome idea. Is it a toggle or a pushbutton/reset type?

I just used a regular automotive illuminated toggle switch, the kind that you can find at any auto store, and mounted it just to the left of the actual glove box opening in the slightly recessed area of the dash. It's actually covered by the glove box door so you don't normally see it.

If I get a chance I'll post a pic.

• 4 weeks later...

Wish me luck!

I'm going in

for the 2.11 update

& draggin' BAMR

& loose sun visor

(Transmission TSB service may need to be scheduled later)

JEEZ!

They have my car all day to grease my BAMR and tighten the sun shade.

No transmission update until the parts come in.

No MyFordTouch update. They tell me my software is up to date with version 3 !?! Damn!

MFT is been on the streets for a year and they still can't figure out what the hell they are doing!

I had to explain to the service writer that the latest version is 2.11 and v3 is for another Ford model.

PLEASE let me update via USB!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting a behavior I've never had before (2.11) until recently: When I turn on BT streaming, a screen shows saying "Bluetooth Audio Stream Detected" and nothing else. No sound, no onscreen controls.

Is there another update? or should I have them re-do 2.11?

Re-Doing won't help. I think you just need a reboot.

That sounds like the way my system started acting. It finally rebooted and all was well for a few days.

I then discovered the DelayedReboot and am now able to reboot when I see those symptoms (and others) start showing up.

By the way: updates are now available on the SyncMyRide website. I (and many others) have installed 2.11 without going to the dealership.

Well, AppLink is a start. I'm thinking that they could rely on the new phones to do more of the heavy work.

When smart phones first came out I was thinking they should have some type of universal A/V input (HDMI maybe?) that would allow the phone applications to use the touch screen and audio speakers and voice command in the vehicle. I think applink will be capable of this at some point since it just provides APIs. But getting the phone apps to support it won't be easy - they're used to only dealing with small built-in displays.

Then again that would make OEM navigation obsolete so that's not a good incentive for Ford.

When smart phones first came out I was thinking they should have some type of universal A/V input (HDMI maybe?) that would allow the phone applications to use the touch screen and audio speakers and voice command in the vehicle. I think applink will be capable of this at some point since it just provides APIs. But getting the phone apps to support it won't be easy - they're used to only dealing with small built-in displays.

Then again that would make OEM navigation obsolete so that's not a good incentive for Ford.

Ya, There are not enough people with the new phones out there either.

Speaking of new phones...the iPhone 4s has Bluetooth 4.0 in it. From what I've seen of the Bluetooth 4 specs is that it has the MAP protocol. If that is the case, the new iPhone just might support the SMS text reading feature!

I wish there were some way to hit a button and have it send the voice command to the phone through Bluetooth. That's how I currently send voice texts, but I have to hit the button on the phone to do that.

I have something going on with the MFT system and my cell phone since we had version 2.11 installed at the dealer a few weeks ago. Anytime we do anything with the phone (sync, text, call, etc), the radio cuts out and beeps. Doesn't matter what it is. If the phone is connected and you do anything with the phone it does this. I'm pretty sure it didn't do that with version 2.8 we had. Is this normal? My apologies if this has been addressed previously, but I am fairly new to the forum and don't have time to read through all 30 pages of this post. Thanks! Scott