2011 Edge/MKX My Touch and Sync Problems

akirby

Oh my god!

What was I thinking ?

Is that that what that slot is!? I totally forgot about that. No kidding!

It's the hard drive that went away.

Wish that they didn't get rid of the hard drive. Have it, and luv it in my wife's 09 MKS.

I wonder if they will go back to the hard drive ???

Wish that they didn't get rid of the hard drive. Have it, and luv it in my wife's 09 MKS.

The hard drive has been replaced by the SD card. More reliable and probably cheaper. I don't see them going back to hard drive based nav.

I doubt if the HD will come back. It's gone the way of the 8 track and cassette. I added the cd to that same category a little early. The cd is the next to go.

• Like 1

Just buy a cheap 500GB USB drive from Best Buy (under 70 bucks) but ensure its the smaller powered by USB ones not a desktop drive. If I spend a bit more time in the car I'm going to dig around to find the Sync unit and see if its got the spare USB port in it like the older cars do (even though we already have two ports would be good to leave them alone). If its above the glovebox then I'll leave the drive in there and cable to it - the only thing I found above my glovebox was the passive entry system however it could be the full ECU including the entry system - I still need to figure that out.

Just buy a cheap 500GB USB drive from Best Buy (under 70 bucks) but ensure its the smaller powered by USB ones not a desktop drive. If I spend a bit more time in the car I'm going to dig around to find the Sync unit and see if its got the spare USB port in it like the older cars do (even though we already have two ports would be good to leave them alone). If its above the glovebox then I'll leave the drive in there and cable to it - the only thing I found above my glovebox was the passive entry system however it could be the full ECU including the entry system - I still need to figure that out.

You can use a USB hub with sync to give you more USB connections. Can typically pick up a 4 port hub for about 20 bucks or less.

You can use a USB hub with sync to give you more USB connections. Can typically pick up a 4 port hub for about 20 bucks or less.

Does it work though - how does Touch handle a bunch of USB devices (does it scroll the list?).

With the latest update I notice the Ambient lighting issue is still there. I do believe however the factory remote is working like it should now (3 clicks)

I also see a Master Reset button has that always been there?? In addition adding favorites to the Nav is doable now :yup:

With the latest update I notice the Ambient lighting issue is still there. I do believe however the factory remote is working like it should now (3 clicks)

I also see a Master Reset button has that always been there?? In addition adding favorites to the Nav is doable now :yup:

I've used the master reset button a few times on the original version.

When you say the factory remote...are you talking about remote start?

• Like 1

I'm glad to see some positive news from somebody, but mine is still in the shop at the dealer and I'm still waiting on a replacement APIM module to come in....I have zero confidence in the dealership, but I'm too far along in the process now to switch....going on day 9 since I took it in, and day 8 in the rental car they gave me.....Not happy!!!

Tom and _11088 thanks very much for your posts (especially _11088 for the really detailed one!). _11088 can you tell me where you are and what dealer did the update for you - I'm outside Mississauga and the dealers around here "haven't got the special cable Ford is sending"...

Tom, do you still have the service pack files prior to the install - can you share them with me somehow so I can have a look at what its updating (dropbox then PM me the link) - I might be able to tell others what this update does if I can see them? Tom, can you also stick the Edge into diagnostic mode (go into Radio - FM, then hold eject on the CD player and hold the seek right button on the volume wheel on the dash >>). From that screen you'll find version numbers - I think its the first section APIM > Software Versions and then take a photo of that screen. There is nothing on that screen that would identify your vehicle fyi but there are things deeper in there so don't put photos of everything up!

Thanks guys!

Dropbox sent

post-1555-072916600 1294245052_thumb.jpg

post-1555-007626300 1294245059_thumb.jpg

post-1555-090586800 1294245065_thumb.jpg

Went to get in my car last night and the touch screen is dead. Won't power on and the radio and all sync features are down with it. Dealer stuck me a focus while the order a new APIM. I am starting to get a bit upset.

I unfortunately welcome you to my world!

The upside is that my dealer said they will have the new APIM in tomorrow morning and have me back in my car tomorrow evening..

Hopefully your dealer will be able to get you going soon..

I just got a call from my dealer and they received the module today, so hopefully I will be back in my car by this evening!

I just got a call from my dealer and they received the module today, so hopefully I will be back in my car by this evening!

Removing fuse 29 in left kick panel for a few minutes will boot the system and get your screen back until you get the update from your dealer. Be careful not to drop this mini-fuse behind the panel. Get more at Wal-Mart before you start.

just updated at the dealer within the last hour. Syncmyride indicated that the second generation version needed to be done by the dealer and below that indicated another update that I could have done via USB. This is what is shown on the syncmyride page after the update by the dealer. (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada)

BT4T-14D546-AD

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14F496-AD

BT4T-14F496-AL

BT4T-14F496-BJ

BT4T-14F497-AD

BT4T-14F497-AG

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AD

BT4T-14F603-AG

just updated at the dealer within the last hour. Syncmyride indicated that the second generation version needed to be done by the dealer and below that indicated another update that I could have done via USB. This is what is shown on the syncmyride page after the update by the dealer. (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada)

BT4T-14D546-AD

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14F496-AD

BT4T-14F496-AL

BT4T-14F496-BJ

BT4T-14F497-AD

BT4T-14F497-AG

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AD

BT4T-14F603-AG

I am fairly technically inclined but I am confused about some of those updates/upgrades. For example in the Sync compatible software you have AD then AG. Is AD the previous and AG is after the update? (In other words are they showing the before & after). Mine is showing BT4T-14F603-AG only. Sorry if this post sounds confusing, it is because I am confused!!!

BT4T-14D546-AD

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14F496-AD

BT4T-14F496-AL

BT4T-14F496-BJ

BT4T-14F497-AD

BT4T-14F497-AG

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AD

BT4T-14F603-AG

Looks like you chopped off the last portions of the lines where it says the BE at the end of the SYNC compatible software.

post-9129-097437400 1294345215_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I am fairly technically inclined but I am confused about some of those updates/upgrades. For example in the Sync compatible software you have AD then AG. Is AD the previous and AG is after the update? (In other words are they showing the before & after). Mine is showing BT4T-14F603-AG only. Sorry if this post sounds confusing, it is because I am confused!!!

This is pretty confusing. No idea what it all means but I have been able to see the changes when the update was installed.

Check out the screenshot I attached in the previous post and you'll see the BE version

• Like 1

It looks like app link will be coming soon!

Voice control of Pandora and more! Blackberry & androids will be able to do this via BT audio while iPhone will need to be tethered to USB

Looks like I'll be needing a pro clip mount...

Read this post

http://fordsyncforum.com/index.php?/topic/1436-ford-sync-applink-now-available-as-a-free-download/

Ford Sync product manager will discuss dec 23rd in a live chat

http://www.thefordstory.com/our-articles/cars/fiesta/live-chat-with-julius-marchwicki-ford-sync®-product-manager/

2012 Mustang gets the AppLink...

http://fordsyncforum.com/index.php?/topic/1481-ford-mustang-next-for-sync-applink/

• Like 1

Ford part numbers show (Year vehicle) - base part number - revision

B stands to 2011 the T4T must be the edge, the base part number, then revision