BT4T-14F496-BG

BT4T-14F497-AG

BT4T-14F603-AG

Thanks

sorry for the shorthand

The first update ended in BD. Next update ended in BE

Check your installation history and you will see the BD or BE references

• Like 1

just was reading the specs of the my ford and the my Lincoln systems.

I noticed that there are different ambient light pallets for each system, I wonder if ford is using the same update on ford and Lincoln systems and that is why the ambient lights are wrong, and why I have the Lincoln logos on my home screen.

ok, that's enough posts for tonight

An update - Ford Customer Care didn't help much. The call back I was promised after 24 to 48 hours never came and when

I called a second time, they had no knowledge of my previous call. When I described my issues (for the second time), I was told

simply to "take it back to the dealer".

I walked into the dealer, unannounced, last week and complained about everything. I asked them

to contact Ford *before* I bring the car back and find out exactly what to do, so I don't have to leave it for multiple days while

they wait for their tech support to get back to them. Apparently, Ford tech support won't deal with them unless they have the

vehicle in house and a service order written up. And Ford's best advice: bring the car back in and try to reload the software again.

So that's what I'm doing tomorrow.

By the way, the voice control is slowly getting worse. I said "Radio On" and "Audio On" multiple times this morning while

watching the screen. Each time, it displayed "succeeded" in the lower left, momentarily switched to the radio display (with the

radio presets), and then switched back to the "radio off" mode. I had to use the touch screen to turn the radio on.

And the other day, I said "Set temperature 72 degrees", to which it responded "Did you say, 'set tem-PRA-chore to 72 degrees'?"

The emphasis on "PRA" was extreme and I was laughing so hard I nearly drove off the road. It sounded almost like a parrot:

"AWK! tem-PRA-chore!" Later in the day - it happened again! TWICE!

If I didn't laugh at this, I'd cry.

Does anyone know if the BE update can be done yourself or does it have to go back to the dealer?

The BE update is a user - installed update. Although, I have seen that the dealer has done the update for some. It is pretty straight-forward if the given instructions are followed correctly. It is very important that the results are submitted. This has caused some frustration for some who have had to re-run the Sync Status Checker in order for the syncmyride website to be correct.

Does anyone know if the BE update can be done yourself or does it have to go back to the dealer?

Have you had the BD update installed? Do you have the BE update available for you to download? If so, you may be able to do it.

It showed on my sync site for one day then they pulled it.

It sounds like some people, who had had the BD update applied, were able to install the BE on their own.

However, I saw on the Sync forum that the BE update was never meant for the public to install.

• Like 1

Tom

I was told by the service manager that they replaced my APIM module. Here is the timeline of events for my Edge.

Saturday 11/20/10

Traded 2008 Ford Edge SEL for 2011 Ford Edge SEL

Thursday 12/09/10

MyFordTouch went black screen of death with constant reboots. Called service manager to tell them of problem.

Friday 12/10/10

Took Edge to service at dealership so that they would have written documentation of problem. No work performed because they did not know what to do.

Thursday 12/23/10

Service manager called around 8:00am and said to bring it in and they would install the gen 2.0 upgrade.

dropped of Edge at 9:30am.

Picked up at 3:30pm, install failed could not get the install to even start.

Tuesday 01/04/11

Ford service technician came to dealership to go over issues with MyFordTouch.

Ordered new APIM module for my Edge. Two day transient time.

Thursday 01/06/11

Service manager called to setup service for next morning after APIM module was delivered to dealership.

Friday 01/07/11

Dropped of Edge at 7:00am

Service manager called at 10:15am to say that everything was completed.

New APIM installed

Software version BE installed

911 assist worked correctly

Sync services working

Right now everything is working. KNOCK ON WOOD!!!

For those still having problems with ambient lighting and wallpaper after the upgrade, this post was on the syncmyride site:

"No, we do pay attention. I have figured out what is going on with the ambient lighting colors and wallpaper and will follow up on it. It is NOT a software bug. It has to do with the software "parts" that are selected to be installed with the upgrade in service. On a Ford Edge this can be easily fixed by reinstalling BT4T-14F496-AL followed by a reboot"

Just picked up my edge from the dealership after the BE upgrade, no problems so far. It only took a few hours for the upgrade. It appears as if the dealer didn't verify the install as syncmyride indicates there are unconfirmed installations. BE is showing up on the installed list. When I get home tonight, I will download the version checker and run it to verify, can't do it at work with my encrypted laptop.

Have you had the BD update installed? Do you have the BE update available for you to download? If so, you may be able to do it.

It showed on my sync site for one day then they pulled it.

It sounds like some people, who had had the BD update applied, were able to install the BE on their own.

However, I saw on the Sync forum that the BE update was never meant for the public to install.

Thanks guys. I don't want to beat this thing to death because we had a discussion about this a few days back. First off I will be getting the car in just a few days...it's on its way...so I wanted to be prepared to discuss the updates with the ford techs (they haven't done one yet). Anyway when I got the VIN, went to syncmyride and the following showed up Sync Ver. Gen 2

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14F496-AK

BT4T-14F497-AG

Sync compatible software BT4T-14F603-AG

That's all was shown.

Then the information an Update ready for download BT4T-14D546-BE

Ok since we had been discussing this earlier I decided to download the BE file ( just for kicks, somebody mentioned they had trouble downloading it)...everything downloaded great.

I went back a few hours later and the BE file was no longer there... Is it normally removed after the download?

I went into the history and it showed the BE file loaded onto the car...I didn't do any confirmation with Sync, I just downloaded the file (I don't have the damn car yet)...was this a coincidence or not...were they updating my system at the same time because it was the exact same date I downloaded the file to my flash drive. Am I confused? definitely . Any thoughts? Sorry for long post.

I have had my 2011 Edge since October and have followed this forum because I have encountered most of the problems that all of you have had. I won't even bore you with the details! I am so frustrated with this car, and I think most of us who have had a previous Edge probably feel the same way. I LOVED my 2008 Edge! Anyway, my story is that I have had the update to my software, and was actually looking forward to problems with ambient lighting as long as it solved some of my issues, but nothing has been resolved. The touch screen is slow to respond, the navigation is awful, phone issues (I love when the dealer tells me that my phone is probably not compatible, when it worked without a problem in my 2008 Edge! ), and how is it possible that, while driving, it decides to do "scheduled system maintenance"? Has anyone been able to turn off the system maintenance, or actually create a schedule?? Also, this is not related to sync/my touch, but has anyone noticed the temperature in the car does not seem to be consistent? I find this especially when I have the seat warmer on. Not sure if it is in my head or something is not working.

So I now have the Gen 2 update, and saw that there may be something extra that I can update from the sync website. Do I dare install this update?

I am in software support, and we always provide release notes to customers to let them know what is in the software update. Does anyone know what is in this update?

One last thing. I have dealt exclusively with the dealership on these issues. I was wondering if there is an email/phone # to contact Ford directly? I feel as though my complaints are falling on deaf ears at the dealership and I want to make sure that all of my problems are being logged.

Thanks!

Thanks guys. I don't want to beat this thing to death because we had a discussion about this a few days back. First off I will be getting the car in just a few days...it's on its way...so I wanted to be prepared to discuss the updates with the ford techs (they haven't done one yet). Anyway when I got the VIN, went to syncmyride and the following showed up Sync Ver. Gen 2

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14F496-AK

BT4T-14F497-AG

Sync compatible software BT4T-14F603-AG

That's all was shown.

Then the information an Update ready for download BT4T-14D546-BE

Ok since we had been discussing this earlier I decided to download the BE file ( just for kicks, somebody mentioned they had trouble downloading it)...everything downloaded great.

I went back a few hours later and the BE file was no longer there... Is it normally removed after the download?

I went into the history and it showed the BE file loaded onto the car...I didn't do any confirmation with Sync, I just downloaded the file (I don't have the damn car yet)...was this a coincidence or not...were they updating my system at the same time because it was the exact same date I downloaded the file to my flash drive. Am I confused? definitely . Any thoughts? Sorry for long post.

My advice would be until you get the car - stop messing with downloading software. I am guessing that they are updating yours completely before you get it and it was a coincidence on the timing of the removal. Until you have the car and can see if it even will have any issues, don't stress about what might be. There have been plenty of these cars that have little or no problems with the original version of the software.

Just picked up my 2011 Edge Limited up from the dealership after they performed the upgrade. I've been through every menu and command I can think of an everything is working great! Yeah!

The upgrade fixed the Sirius Travel Link service, which has never worked for me. I now have all of the services and they are awesome. I touch the "Fuel Prices" tab and it sorts all of the fuel prices in my area by lowest price. I pick the station I want and it sets that station as the destination in navigation. So cool, just like the commercial! The weather, movie listing and ski conditions are cool too. Yeah!!!! Very happy

Just picked up my 2011 Edge Limited up from the dealership after they performed the upgrade. I've been through every menu and command I can think of an everything is working great! Yeah!

The upgrade fixed the Sirius Travel Link service, which has never worked for me. I now have all of the services and they are awesome. I touch the "Fuel Prices" tab and it sorts all of the fuel prices in my area by lowest price. I pick the station I want and it sets that station as the destination in navigation. So cool, just like the commercial! The weather, movie listing and ski conditions are cool too. Yeah!!!! Very happy

JusDaFax --> I am envious but glad to hear all is well generally. In Canada, we do not have any of these features(at least yet, so Ford says).

Slampman --> If the update showing for you is BT4T-14D546-BE, then go ahead and install it. That is, if it is still there. It seems that it comes and goes from people's sync update page. Also, I received a note back from Ford Sync team that this is the latest update. My system remains stable and fully functional. If you want to contact them, just send an email from the syncmyride site. They respond fairly quickly. Good luck finding release notes though. It seems they are spending more time writing software than writing release notes. Which is a good thing for all of us!! But, you make a good point. A little more information on each release would be nice.

I've encountered the system maintenance message twice in the past three weeks. IMO, I don't believe they're doing actual maintence, but the message appears during the reboot cycle and indicates the system's terminating processes and clearing memeory for a fresh start. I believe in both my cases I caused a reboot while in the nav screens and kept pushing buttons

If I'm correct about the maint message probably not the best phrase to display.

Just picked up my edge from the dealership after the BE upgrade, no problems so far. It only took a few hours for the upgrade. It appears as if the dealer didn't verify the install as syncmyride indicates there are unconfirmed installations. BE is showing up on the installed list. When I get home tonight, I will download the version checker and run it to verify, can't do it at work with my encrypted laptop.

Happy to report everything is functioning perfectly and without incident. Well, besides this...

While driving home in a snowstorm yesterday, I figured I would run My Touch through it's paces since I was stuck in traffic for over two hours anyway. Well, using comments from forum users, I checked and rechecked everything, all working fine. The last item on my mental checklist was the ambient lighting. All the colors were there on the screen, so I kept selecting different colors. No luck, it wasn't working. I turned the feature on and off several times, changed colors, no luck. I was starting to get the feeling many of you have shared about thinking the issues were resolved only to find out they weren't. I was ticked off at the dealer. All of a sudden, I thought, maybe it's not dark enough for the lights to be on. Looking across 3 lanes of cars and seeing nothing but tail and headlights gave me the answer. I looked at my light switch, and turned it from off to auto. The dealer must have turned it off. With the dash lights being bright, I didn't notice the lights were off. So ended my stealth-mode for the trip home. I had become one of the drivers I make fun at when seeing them drive down the road.

Hopefully this will make some of you laugh like it did me.

My advice would be until you get the car - stop messing with downloading software. I am guessing that they are updating yours completely before you get it and it was a coincidence on the timing of the removal. Until you have the car and can see if it even will have any issues, don't stress about what might be. There have been plenty of these cars that have little or no problems with the original version of the software.

Not really stressed Choff. Don't stress that easy having been in the Air Traffic business but just wanted to be prepared to ask/answer questions before I take the car off the lot. The techs are not familiar (yet) with the updating business. I have asked questions of them and suggested maybe someone should join the forum to get a handle on things..(said in a joking way of course). There is only one dealership here so no choices. It's not a problem with the download, I have it on my flash drive but would prefer the dealership do any/all updates before I take delivery. Thanks and take care up there in Alaska...love that State (especially in early summer).

This falls under the category of "driver responsibility" Just got home from driving in snow storm (taking a nurse to work) and amazed how many people don't have their lights on. Very dangerous

Be safe everyone. Check and recheck

Coming out of a Mazda CX-9, I find that the Auto-Headlights turn on later than I would like them to.

I had the Gen 2 update done a few weeks ago and it seems to have fixed most of the big issues. So far only one re-boot. 3 minor issues remain:

1.- Sporatically, the Ipod shows disconnected eventhough it is not.

2.- 50% of the time the main screen will not dim to the correct level when the headlights turn on.

3.- It takes some convincing for the phone and nav menus to come up in the right IP screen when using steering wheel controls.

Had an appointment today at my dealership to apply the TSB and get my synch updated. Just got a call from them that they apparently don't have the correct cable to apply the TSB. Ugh. :banghead:

Oh well, it's not the end of the world. :)

FYI the cable they need is a simple USB cable they can pick up just about anyplace. Check back on Page 3 or so. I posted the TSB and its requirements.

For those of you who have confirmed successful updates of the Gen 2 and BE installs done by the dealer, are any of you in Montreal, Ottawa or Toronto areas?

My dealer is giving me the run around, doesn't know his head from his A** when it comes to this system and I am fearful they will only mess it up more by trying to do the install, especially with the ambient lighting alignment messing up by not checking the install confirmations. I still don't have anything updated on my car.

If anyone has done these 2 updates and happy with the results in or around the cities I mentioned above, can you please let me know what dealership and if possible who you dealt with so I can call them.

I have no problem taking a drive over to ensure it get's done correctly, I need that piece of mind before I commit to doing all these updates.

Lastly, it used to show that I needed both these updates but since a week or so it shows I am completely up to date when I am not. Must I get these print outs or can Ford call the update center with my VIN to find out what I need….I heard that once they plug in the car, it will show all available updates for my particular VIN number…is this true?

Thanks!!