2011 Edge/MKX My Touch and Sync Problems

akirby

Had an appointment today at my dealership to apply the TSB and get my synch updated. Just got a call from them that they apparently don't have the correct cable to apply the TSB. Ugh. :banghead:

Oh well, it's not the end of the world. :)

Shane this is what I am expecting in my neck of the woods as well. I have asked questions and have been trying to prepare for when the vehicle arrives. Personally I would prefer to leave it at the dealers until it's totally updated. If all the updates are in place fine, otherwise I will pick it up when it's done...besides they have given me a nice loaner until the Edge arrives.

For those of you who have confirmed successful updates of the Gen 2 and BE installs done by the dealer, are any of you in Montreal, Ottawa or Toronto areas?

My dealer is giving me the run around, doesn't know his head from his A** when it comes to this system and I am fearful they will only mess it up more by trying to do the install, especially with the ambient lighting alignment messing up by not checking the install confirmations. I still don't have anything updated on my car.

If anyone has done these 2 updates and happy with the results in or around the cities I mentioned above, can you please let me know what dealership and if possible who you dealt with so I can call them.

I have no problem taking a drive over to ensure it get's done correctly, I need that piece of mind before I commit to doing all these updates.

Lastly, it used to show that I needed both these updates but since a week or so it shows I am completely up to date when I am not. Must I get these print outs or can Ford call the update center with my VIN to find out what I need….I heard that once they plug in the car, it will show all available updates for my particular VIN number…is this true?

Thanks!!

This happened to me as well. Said I needed one update and within 3 hours the history showed it was loaded. Good luck, all will sort itself out in due time.

Well I'm sad to report I've had my first unresolvable sync issue today. I was driving around Windsor this morning and made a few calls via the voice commands no problem. I then crossed the border and was in Detroit for an hour or so. I see that the phone is not connected for some reason. I am using the US network at this point. I have made calls there before with no problem. The phone has never become unsync'd there before either. I waited till I was back home and tried reconnecting it. It did not work. I tried removing the phone and reconecting it: again nothing. I then shut the iphone 4 completely down and tried reconnecting...nada. I then called Apple. He suggested I try a reset under General settings. I did: the iphone is not picking up the sync signal. I also tried shutting the blue tooth off on both the car and phone, still nothing. The only other suggestion he had was to do a full restore on the phone and try it again.

This happened once before and all I had to do was to reconnect the phone on the sync screen. I also tried to do a hard reset on the i4 as well. I can't do the restore until I'm back home at 9pm. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to pull the fuse until it's the last resort. In my opinion, it seems like an iphone issue more than a sync issue, but who knows?

Edit: I am running both new updates for sync and the i4.

Edited by richy

Well I'm sad to report I've had my first unresolvable sync issue today. I was driving around Windsor this morning and made a few calls via the voice commands no problem. I then crossed the border and was in Detroit for an hour or so. I see that the phone is not connected for some reason. I am using the US network at this point. I have made calls there before with no problem. The phone has never become unsync'd there before either. I waited till I was back home and tried reconnecting it. It did not work. I tried removing the phone and reconecting it: again nothing. I then shut the iphone 4 completely down and tried reconnecting...nada. I then called Apple. He suggested I try a reset under General settings. I did: the iphone is not picking up the sync signal. I also tried shutting the blue tooth off on both the car and phone, still nothing. The only other suggestion he had was to do a full restore on the phone and try it again.

This happened once before and all I had to do was to reconnect the phone on the sync screen. I also tried to do a hard reset on the i4 as well. I can't do the restore until I'm back home at 9pm. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to pull the fuse until it's the last resort. In my opinion, it seems like an iphone issue more than a sync issue, but who knows?

Richy, I am running the same hardware/software and have intermittent issues with the iPhone and iPod Bluetooth connectivity. I would support your conclusion that it will require a "fuse 29" solution. I tried all the same things that you did including leaving the vehicle off for hours but to no avail. It seems kind of like the traditional Blackberry solution of a "battery pull" when all else fails.

With the Blackberry, fortunately, some enterprising developers have created "reboot" apps to perform the same function. The MFT needs a "reboot" switch. Would save wrecking your dress pants crawling on the driveway to pull fuse 29.

I had the exact same thing happen to me with two different phones (Iphone 4 and Blackberry Bold). I think it is a Sync issue and not a phone issue. I made an appointment to see the service department about it (and a few other things) and during the time between, the phone started working again. No explanation...just worked. Same thing happened to my iPhone once and hasn't happened since. Not a solution but that was just my experience.

Good luck!

I had the exact same thing happen to me with two different phones (Iphone 4 and Blackberry Bold). I think it is a Sync issue and not a phone issue. I made an appointment to see the service department about it (and a few other things) and during the time between, the phone started working again. No explanation...just worked. Same thing happened to my iPhone once and hasn't happened since. Not a solution but that was just my experience.

Good luck!

PatentGuy, I assume you didn't disconnect the phone then. I am hopeful it will work for me after my shift or else I'll be playing with it tonight. Thanks.

Edited by richy

UPDATE: When I got into it after work, the screen was black. It took a few seconds until the backup camera showed on the screen and then the Microsoft updating thing went on although that only lasted about 60 seconds. After that the screen was normal. I tried to pair the phone when I got home and it successfully paired without having to do anything else to the phone.

UPDATE: When I got into it after work, the screen was black. It took a few seconds until the backup camera showed on the screen and then the Microsoft updating thing went on although that only lasted about 60 seconds. After that the screen was normal. I tried to pair the phone when I got home and it successfully paired without having to do anything else to the phone.

Since my update, my touch rebooted once and it was while I was trying to get the backup camera to display. Odd

• Like 1

Since my update, my touch rebooted once and it was while I was trying to get the backup camera to display. Odd

Ours did too; it was when a door opened while the vehicle was in reverse. My wife was jumping out of the car to get something, the car was still in reverse with the camera up, and apparently that confused the hell out of it and the whole thing crashed hard. Had to restart the car before any of the screens came back online.

Ours did too; it was when a door opened while the vehicle was in reverse. My wife was jumping out of the car to get something, the car was still in reverse with the camera up, and apparently that confused the hell out of it and the whole thing crashed hard. Had to restart the car before any of the screens came back online.

Guys, Got my Edge one month ago and My Sync shows the following update for my VIN: Am I missing an update?

Sync Version 2.3

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14F496-AG

BT4T-14F497-AG

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AG

Waiting to download 0 items.

Guys, Got my Edge one month ago and My Sync shows the following update for my VIN: Am I missing an update?

Sync Version 2.3

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14F496-AG

BT4T-14F497-AG

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AG

Yes, but if the BE or 2.4 update is not showing in syncmyride, I am not sure what you can do. If everything is working, wait until next update I guess.

The most informative view of your system version level seems to come from the "View Confirmed Installations" link on the Sync history screen. It should look something like this below. I have only copied the history since the CU(confirmed uninstall) of the 2.3 version. At the time, this was a user-installed update. However, for some reason, it seems to be unavailable to people now.

SYNC Download & Installation History for this vehicle

This page lists the current status of SYNC applications and dates for the featured vehicle. Click here for more information about this table and the status abbreviations.

Name Version Description Status Date

BT4T-14D544-BE 2.4 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE CI 1/5/2011

BT4T-14D544-BE 2.4 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE CI 1/4/2011

BT4T-14D544-BE 2.4 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE DFI 1/4/2011

BT4T-14D544-BE 2.4 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE RFI 1/4/2011

BT4T-14D544-BD 2.3 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE CU 1/4/2011

Hey, so any ideas why Ford won't let computer savvy users install a 1.x to 2.0 update on their own?

A 3GB dload and mini/micro USB cable requirement plus following some steps doesn't sound too scary.

I suppose if they have bad or out of date APIMs out in some models that could break, then they would prefer the cars to be in a garage huh?

Are there any savvy or "in the know" Sync techies that are following this forum?

Anyone know why we don't get a list of what the updates have in them?

Hey, so any ideas why Ford won't let computer savvy users install a 1.x to 2.0 update on their own?

A 3GB dload and mini/micro USB cable requirement plus following some steps doesn't sound too scary.

I suppose if they have bad or out of date APIMs out in some models that could break, then they would prefer the cars to be in a garage huh?

Are there any savvy or "in the know" Sync techies that are following this forum?

Anyone know why we don't get a list of what the updates have in them?

Because if the process doesn't work the entire system is hosed. Could you imagine non-techies trying to do it and then taking it to the dealer after it's hosed and having them spend hours to fix it?

It's unfortunate that the dealers are not better equipped and trained for this. It sounds like Ford offered the training and told them what was required but ultimately they can't force the dealer to be prepared.

So here's my update history:

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D545-BA

BT4T-14D546-AD

BT4T-14F496-AD

BT4T-14F497-AD

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AD

I occasionally get the lock up, reboot, performing system maintenance but I've had nowhere near the trouble some of you have had. I'd just like that to never happen and for the system to be a little bit faster. Should I even bother scheduling this update? The "GEN 2" seems to be gone from syncmyride anyway as a 'you should get this and have the dealer install it' option.

Ugh. The Edge went into the dealer for the second time today to apply the TSB. Not only did I not get the TSB applied to fix my rebooting MFT, my touch screen no longer works whatsoever. No navigation, not heated seats, not climate control, no back up camera, nothing! Apparently I need a new APIM module with no ETA on when they'll get it in. Not impressed. :banghead::censored:

Ugh. The Edge went into the dealer for the second time today to apply the TSB. Not only did I not get the TSB applied to fix my rebooting MFT, my touch screen no longer works whatsoever. No navigation, not heated seats, not climate control, no back up camera, nothing! Apparently I need a new APIM module with no ETA on when they'll get it in. Not impressed. :banghead::censored:

Shane that is frustrating. I'm supposed to get mine on Wed. of next week. Not sure if I am looking forward to receiving it or not. Some people are having great luck and for a few it's a mess. I'm sure when you get your APIM things will improve.

Shane that is frustrating. I'm supposed to get mine on Wed. of next week. Not sure if I am looking forward to receiving it or not. Some people are having great luck and for a few it's a mess. I'm sure when you get your APIM things will improve.

Yeah, I am sure it will be fine once the APIM comes in.......it's just a real PITA for my wife to keep dropping the vehicle off at the dealer. Plus, it's supposed to rain here tomorrow and there is no way she'll be able to prevent the windshield from fogging up with no climate controls.

Yeah, I am sure it will be fine once the APIM comes in.......it's just a real PITA for my wife to keep dropping the vehicle off at the dealer. Plus, it's supposed to rain here tomorrow and there is no way she'll be able to prevent the windshield from fogging up with no climate controls.

Can't you still turn on defrost from the buttons below the touch screen? Or Voice?

This just sucks Shane - hoping for the best for you.

I had the same thing happen to me. Dropped it off at 530 in the evening. They called me the next day saying they had to order a new APIM. It came in the following day and was ready by noon of the 2nd day. Wasn't too bad..

Can't you still turn on defrost from the buttons below the touch screen? Or Voice?

This just sucks Shane - hoping for the best for you.

Nope, they don't work either Carrie. The only climate control features that we currently have are via the steering controls, which you can only adjust temp and fan speed. Voice commands are a no go as well. :(

Shane, that blows big time!! Make sure you get a rental and an eta on the part. Driving it that way is unsafe.

I did the Gen 2 update, and like many other people my ambient colors are off, the 4 quandrant colors are differnt now ( dont match the 4" display like they used to ) and I have a Lincoln Logo now as my default wallpaper! My question is HAS ANYONE out there have the same issues and had them CORRECTED by the dealer? I only read a handul people had this issue and I wanted to see if ANYONE that HAD this issued had it corected? Is this an isolated issue or wondering did this happen to ALL the 2011 with the Gen 2 update! Im going back to the dealer tonight to drop it back off .. if anyone can reply to this today I would appreciate it so I have some AMMO to give to the dealer tonight! Thanks in advance!

I did the Gen 2 update, and like many other people my ambient colors are off, the 4 quandrant colors are differnt now ( dont match the 4" display like they used to ) and I have a Lincoln Logo now as my default wallpaper! My question is HAS ANYONE out there have the same issues and had them CORRECTED by the dealer? I only read a handul people had this issue and I wanted to see if ANYONE that HAD this issued had it corected? Is this an isolated issue or wondering did this happen to ALL the 2011 with the Gen 2 update! Im going back to the dealer tonight to drop it back off .. if anyone can reply to this today I would appreciate it so I have some AMMO to give to the dealer tonight! Thanks in advance!

I have the Gen 2 update. The colors are off and I get the Lincoln logo, too.

I don't think the dealer will or can do anything. they can't change the display colors that software is determining, and as far as the logo, just load another image from a jump drive.