2011 Edge/MKX My Touch and Sync Problems

akirby

NAV update. Took 4 hours and we've got our NAV !!! One minor issue, after getting home and trying to sync my phone, the "system" locked up. After turning the car off and back on, had a blank screen for about 3 minutes and I was freaking out, finally there was a message on the screen that say System update in progress, Sync/Microsoft. After about 2-3 minutes, we were back in action. Whew!

I noticed this morning on my drive to work that the external temperature displayed on the instrument cluster LCD is one degree lower than the temperature on the main MFT display when showing negative degrees. This is on a 2011 Edge. Anyone else seen this?

Edited by smilecfip

I noticed this morning on my drive to work that the external temperature displayed on the instrument cluster LCD is one degree lower than the temperature on the main MFT display when showing negative degrees. This is on a 2011 Edge. Anyone else seen this?

Move south, it'll fix that issue and living in negative degree temps...

brrr....

I've had my EDGE for two weeks now, and don't have any real problems with MFT. However, i'm having some minor issues with the iPod integration, and can't determine if it's my iPod or MFT's or even USB ports. I have an older 80GB iPod classic, i haven't really used it much in the last few years, but it seemed to be working just fine whenever called upon. Now, i have it permanently plugged into one of the USB ports in the car. However, every time i put it on shuffle all mode, through MFT it seems to work for a while, and then it starts to just skip and cycling through tracks without ever playing them. You can actually see it on the MFT display as well as on the iPod itself. It also does this if i use MFT's voice command to play a certain artist or an album. I also loose the album covers when this happens. Once i do a soft reset on the iPod problem seem to go away and it starts working properly for a while. I tried it on both USBs, so it's not a faulty USB port. Has anyone experienced similar issues with their iPods or is mine just getting tired and its hard-drive on the verge of failing?

Yup, I've seen it and I'll live with it. I beleive it's a minor software bug, but no idead how to submit a bug report to Ford wihtout heading to the dealer.

Edited by rwolson

I've had my EDGE for two weeks now, and don't have any real problems with MFT. However, i'm having some minor issues with the iPod integration, and can't determine if it's my iPod or MFT's or even USB ports. I have an older 80GB iPod classic, i haven't really used it much in the last few years, but it seemed to be working just fine whenever called upon. Now, i have it permanently plugged into one of the USB ports in the car. However, every time i put it on shuffle all mode, through MFT it seems to work for a while, and then it starts to just skip and cycling through tracks without ever playing them. You can actually see it on the MFT display as well as on the iPod itself. It also does this if i use MFT's voice command to play a certain artist or an album. I also loose the album covers when this happens. Once i do a soft reset on the iPod problem seem to go away and it starts working properly for a while. I tried it on both USBs, so it's not a faulty USB port. Has anyone experienced similar issues with their iPods or is mine just getting tired and its hard-drive on the verge of failing?

I've had this happen with an iPOD classic and touch, not connected to the Edge. When it went to play a purchased song, it would very briefly show the title and then go to the next song. If the next was purchased, same thing. It hasn't happened in a while and I can't remember what was causing it, although I do recall that there was a particular reason. I synced it to my iTunes library and all was well again.

I did the Gen 2 update, and like many other people my ambient colors are off, the 4 quandrant colors are differnt now ( dont match the 4" display like they used to ) and I have a Lincoln Logo now as my default wallpaper! My question is HAS ANYONE out there have the same issues and had them CORRECTED by the dealer? I only read a handul people had this issue and I wanted to see if ANYONE that HAD this issued had it corected? Is this an isolated issue or wondering did this happen to ALL the 2011 with the Gen 2 update! Im going back to the dealer tonight to drop it back off .. if anyone can reply to this today I would appreciate it so I have some AMMO to give to the dealer tonight! Thanks in advance!

After the Gen2 update, I returned my vehicle to the dealer with those problems and more. A Lincoln logo for the default wallpaper and switched green/blue ambient lighting settings. I was told that the technician must select the correct install pack at the end of the update to correct the problem. The dealer fixed those two problems, but my main screen and dash screen colors still do not match. The dealer told me that is what the colors are in the update. So, Ford needs to fix that issue. I told my dealer that this problem is unresolved and I expect them to fix it. We all need to do the same or Ford won't put the resources to fixing the problem. My patience is wearing thin with Ford on their MyFord Touch. I spent a lot of money on their product and expected better quality control from them on this system. Let your dealer and Ford know that this problem will be corrected or they can take the vehicle back.

Edited by netizenX

New 2011 Edge Limited, have had for 10 days and last night while out of town the entire MFT screen refuses to turn on at all when I got in and started the vehicle. Therefore, no audio, no phone, no sync, limited climate control, etc. I have read through here and seen others have suggested pulling fuse 29 to cause a reboot but tried that and it doesn't seem to make any difference?

Am I missing something in terms of getting this to reboot? Or when the whole thing refuses to start / turn on is it a bigger problem that I won't be able to resolve pulling the fuse. I've got a six hour drive home tonight, with below zero temps, and would really like to at least have a working radio versus sitting just singing to myself.

Confirmed Installations

SYNC Version

Gen2 - V2.4 BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14F496-AG

BT4T-14F497-AG

Name Version Description Status Date

BT4T-14D544-BE Gen2 - V2.4 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE CI 12/6/2010

BT4T-14D544-BE Gen2 - V2.4 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE CI 12/3/2010

Thanks, Mike

Rochester, MN

New 2011 Edge Limited, have had for 10 days and last night while out of town the entire MFT screen refuses to turn on at all when I got in and started the vehicle. Therefore, no audio, no phone, no sync, limited climate control, etc. I have read through here and seen others have suggested pulling fuse 29 to cause a reboot but tried that and it doesn't seem to make any difference?

Am I missing something in terms of getting this to reboot? Or when the whole thing refuses to start / turn on is it a bigger problem that I won't be able to resolve pulling the fuse. I've got a six hour drive home tonight, with below zero temps, and would really like to at least have a working radio versus sitting just singing to myself.

Confirmed Installations

SYNC Version

Gen2 - V2.4 BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14F496-AG

BT4T-14F497-AG

Name Version Description Status Date

BT4T-14D544-BE Gen2 - V2.4 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE CI 12/6/2010

BT4T-14D544-BE Gen2 - V2.4 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE CI 12/3/2010

Thanks, Mike

Rochester, MN

Had the same thing happen to me. They had to replace the APIM which is basically the brain of the system. min 2 days at the dealer.. Sorry...

Sounds similar to my experience...

Bought my SEL 2 weeks ago. 7 days and 250 miles later the MFT is dead. MFT rebooted repeatedly, even when the key wasn't in the ignition. The truck has been in the shop since Monday (6 days and counting). I've got a video of it I'll try to post on youtube.

By tomorrow afternoon, my Edge will have literally been in the shop more than in my hands.

New 2011 Edge Limited, have had for 10 days and last night while out of town the entire MFT screen refuses to turn on at all when I got in and started the vehicle. ...

Edited by Ty webb

How long have you left the car running in park and had a dead screen? I ask this because just the other day the same thing happened to me while I was out. I was running several errands that day, and on the last one, I was waiting for a coworker to come out of our building for about 15 minutes and just as she came outside the screen came to life with the Sync by Microsoft logo and a bar at the bottom that said "Performing scheduled maintenance." This took about 3 minutes for the bar to fill to 100% and then it rebooted and everything has been fine since.

Ridbidge - It was just in park for this video to show the problem, but the same error would occur every few minutes when I'd drive the car around. After I took that video, I drove it into the dealership and it probably rebooted ~5 times on my way in. It would sometimes reboot and get to the sync quad screen, but then immediately die with a quick Windows error message (like in the video).

Does anyone else have a bad feeling that ~2-3 years down the road that our touch screens are just going to be completely useless without a bottom-up rebuild of the sync system? They needed to go with a Linux-based platform...

How long have you left the car running in park and had a dead screen? I ask this because just the other day the same thing happened to me while I was out. I was running several errands that day, and on the last one, I was waiting for a coworker to come out of our building for about 15 minutes and just as she came outside the screen came to life with the Sync by Microsoft logo and a bar at the bottom that said "Performing scheduled maintenance." This took about 3 minutes for the bar to fill to 100% and then it rebooted and everything has been fine since.

Edited by Ty webb

Had the same thing happen to me. They had to replace the APIM which is basically the brain of the system. min 2 days at the dealer.. Sorry...

If you pulled the fuse 29 inside the vehicle next to your left foot, keep it out and run the vehicle a few miles. Now re-installl it and it should boot up. Good luck . It worked every time for me. Fuse 29 is a yellow 20 amp fuse.

If you pulled the fuse 29 inside the vehicle next to your left foot, keep it out and run the vehicle a few miles. Now re-installl it and it should boot up. Good luck . It worked every time for me. Fuse 29 is a yellow 20 amp fuse.

Come on really, no one sure have to be pulling fuses. That is simply ridiculous. Why are we putting up with this anyway?

That's silly. Just pull the damn fuse and put it back in.

No need to drive around.

• Like 1