Latest update BT4T-14D544-BE. Experiences?

Neil McLaughlin

Being in the IT industry, my personal opinion on this whole implementation from the SLOW and buggy MFT software, to the techs at the dealer either not knowing what to do or having problems with the process, to the crappy syncmyride.com website, to the lack of user feedback/support options, is just disbelief. I know early adopters of technology usually have to deal with some minor headaches, but this whole thing really seems broken from the ground up.

You see this all the time from software companies that do this for a living. Why would you be so surprised to see it from a car company that's never really done consumer software before much less anything this complicated. Obviously they screwed up releasing it too early but the latest update seems to have fixed all the major problems and most of the minor ones. Not sure why you're so paranoid about buying a new one at this point.

I had the upgrade performed last week and I'm very happy to report, Sirius Travel Link is now working perfectly. Yeah!!!

happy%20feet.gif

I've gone through all of the menus ans sub-menus and everything else appears to be working too. Yeah Hoo!

My SIRIUS travel link was always working, What a cool feature! Find a business, download directions straight to Navigation and off you go! Want a traffic report? Just ask! Curious about stock prices? Movie times? Weather forcast for the city you're heading to? Just ask! Its SWEET once you get the hang of it and remember to use it

!

My problem was the nightlight issue. Once that got resolved with what I believe was just leaving the battery disconnected, everything seemed to work well. A little slow, but well all the same. I brought my Sport in for the 2.4 update today (All my paperwork calls it a recall) and afterwards everything seems great. Response is quicker, some minor things changed (lost gray/white color ambient choice, got another blue) and my bluetooth audio seems to pair easier and stay connected so Im thrilled. Cant wait till they start developing apps for the system.

I did the Gen 2 update, and like many other people my ambient colors are off, the 4 quandrant colors are differnt now ( dont match the 4" display like they used to ) and I have a Lincoln Logo now as my default wallpaper! My question is HAS ANYONE out there have the same issues and had them CORRECTED by the dealer? I only read a handul people had this issue and I wanted to see if ANYONE that HAD this issued had it corected? Is this an isolated issue or wondering did this happen to ALL the 2011 with the Gen 2 update! Im going back to the dealer tonight to drop it back off .. if anyone can reply to this today I would appreciate it so I have some AMMO to give to the dealer tonight! Thanks in advance!

I did the Gen 2 update, and like many other people my ambient colors are off, the 4 quandrant colors are differnt now ( dont match the 4" display like they used to ) and I have a Lincoln Logo now as my default wallpaper! My question is HAS ANYONE out there have the same issues and had them CORRECTED by the dealer? I only read a handul people had this issue and I wanted to see if ANYONE that HAD this issued had it corected? Is this an isolated issue or wondering did this happen to ALL the 2011 with the Gen 2 update! Im going back to the dealer tonight to drop it back off .. if anyone can reply to this today I would appreciate it so I have some AMMO to give to the dealer tonight! Thanks in advance!

After my Gen2 update I had the same issues. I then downloaded a Sync USB update which corrected the Lincoln logo (not there anymore) I still have 2 colors on my ambient lighting switched

Today on SyncMyRIde.com it showed that i had BT4T-14D544-BE update available. I followed the prompts and downloaded to a thumb-drive. However, when i plugged it in and went to services and selected app/install it took less then 10 seconds before i got "update complete" message. Does that mean i don't need the update, or am i doing something wrong?

P.S I formated the thumb-drive before downloading the update so it didn't have anything else on it.

So far so good.

Did you upload the results to syncmyride?

Yes, i uploaded results back to suncmyride, but it usually takes time for it to update on their end, so i have no idea if it worked or not. Based on what other report, that it takes 20 min to complete, i'm guessing it either didn't work, or i didn't need to do the update.

Yes, i uploaded results back to suncmyride, but it usually takes time for it to update on their end, so i have no idea if it worked or not. Based on what other report, that it takes 20 min to complete, i'm guessing it either didn't work, or i didn't need to do the update.

That update is actually not an update at all. It is a system version checker that simply records the MFT software and other component version numbers and then uploads it to Syncmyride. Not unlike what you would see if you run the diagnostic command view the system from within the vehicle.

If you want to see what it actually contains, before uploading back to syncmyride, open the new file that is created on the USB with your computer/XML/HTML viewer. Once you upload, the file disappears off the USB.

Here is the straight poop Quoted from the Sync Site: http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb&tid=3281

"BT4T-14D546-EB Version 1.1 GEN II INTERROGATOR should really be called SYNC GEN 2 STATUS CHECKER. This app just performs the same function that the old SYNC STATUS CHECKER did on previous versions. Unfortunately it was named incorrectly so that will be fixed - probably in an update to the site that is rolling out this weekend. For those who are not familiar with SYNC STATUS CHECKER, it's only purpose is to allow you to update your software version status on the site."

Glad to seem them finally confirm what we had about figured out.

Edited by curlysir

I wonder what the roll-out will be like.

It has to be an improvement.

My wish - the option to send the updates directly to the vehicle using Sync and the BT connected smartphone's data plan. It would eliminate the usb step all together. Like a microsoft windows update, it downloads in the background (in this case driving) and tells you when it's ready to install.

My wish - the option to send the updates directly to the vehicle using Sync and the BT connected smartphone's data plan. It would eliminate the usb step all together. Like a microsoft windows update, it downloads in the background (in this case driving) and tells you when it's ready to install.

Since the car is able to connect to the internet via WI-FI (not sure the purpose of the connection yet)....why can't we just perform all updates directly from your own garage or from a hot spot. It would make things much easier. :doh:

Where is it going to store the files while it downloads?

I would guess the same or similar location as to where the files uploaded from the USB are stored, or where the wallpaper images are stored (although that seems limited in size). Maybe using the flash memory?

Sorry to the original poster for jacking their thread.

I have the update on my edge completed from the dealer. Since the update, I have noticed with my iphone 4 connected via bluetooth that it now shuts off all sounds from the phone. The main ones I have noticed are the unlocking / locking sounds and text notifications. The only way I can hear these sounds is if I select my phone from the audio menu, which isn't feasible because it switches all the audio cutting off all music.

• 5 years later...

Considering your location no one probably has the correct update file with the proper language format anyway unless you are running the standard North American English version. The more information you provide the more likely you are to get assistance. There are numerous upgrade setups for SYNC 2 (MFT).