MFT v2.7 update

RonnieEdge - you also might find you have no issues or reboots. Not everyone has issues just like not everyone is issue free - Best of luck on the new ride!

Thanks!

Picked it up today....LOVE it..:D

A day is not much, but everything worked 100% so far. The MFT is a little laggy, but nothing to extreme.

I unfortunately did not think to ask the changes between 2.7 ->2.8

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope this helps.

I just had my 2011 Edge Ltd. to the dealer today for the MFT update. I was told 2,8 was available as of 3 weeks ago. The Tech that did the update, screwed it up by not completing the update. I lost my navigation and the screen calibration was not done correctly. I then spoke to the Service Manager, who told me he would do it himself. The Service Manager also told me he would do a complete install, not an update. He said by doing the complete install has rectified the majority of the MFT problems. After 45 minutes he was finished. Also make sure the dealer does a screen calibration. This will ensure the proper location of the sensors in the touch screen when pressed. The calibration also fixes the issue for those that have to touch the screen hard. So far, So good............. :happy feet:

There should not be a charge for the 2.8 update 2011 MFT according to my dealer.

I need to get 2.8. Im having more and more issues with MFT everyday

Hi,

Will I have to arrange for the 2.8 update myself or will there be a recall from Ford to bring the vehicle to the dealer.

I know some dealers are better than others with the techy stuff so I'm doing some legwork (It certainly wont be where I purchased it)

Also I'm assuming this is under warranty...???

My issues are;

1) Requires to press hard on screen at times

2) Very slow response to heated seats, again pressing hard on screen

Needs its first service soon (3500km) will that be a freebe?

2011 Limited, AWD, loaded except rear DVD

Beaudeu Red c/w Sienna seats

Love it most the time

I need to get 2.8. Im having more and more issues with MFT everyday

I would concur with this statement. While 2.4 was not a perfect world, I think I'm actually seeing more problems under 2.7 than I was before. The worst thing is we took a short day trip over the weekend and were using the navigation the whole way. About 5 hours into the trip all of a sudden the navigation screen said "Navigation fault, please see dealer for service" or something along that line. I had seen that message when the system boots up when you start the car, but never just going down the road. It also disabled all the Travellink functionality, the buttons were all just dimmed so you couldn't press any of them. Related voice commands were just ignored. The next morning everything was fine, and in fact my navigation declared "You have arrived at your destination" which was technically true, just a day or so late in telling me. :wacko: