MFT v2.7 update

Man oh man is this frustrating. My obsession to have the latest updates is balanced by these horror stories.

I have the Gen 1 SYNC still in my EDGE, and it works fine. I got the service notice as well. I have had 2 software crashes since I've had the car (nearly 6 months) and while annoying, it has recovered. The last one was in 2010. I don't have any syncing issues or anything--mainly I'd like it to be faster and I don't want to miss out on any features. Should I even bother bringing it in? Have any of the GEN2 or later updates made any speed improvements? I sure haven't seen examples of this on the forums. I don't want to break my SYNC!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When choosing which contacts to add from the phone book it only shows the first few entries under each alpha category. IE: under A-F it may only show thy "A" entries, Under G through M only the G named entries, etc Without seeing it I am not exactly sure how the phone book is broken down but it will not allow you to scroll through your contact list

Hope it makes sense to you

If it's like the music library - you press A-F once and you get the As. Press it again and you get the Bs. Again and you get Cs. And so on. Did you try that?

Man oh man is this frustrating. My obsession to have the latest updates is balanced by these horror stories.

I have the Gen 1 SYNC still in my EDGE, and it works fine. I got the service notice as well. I have had 2 software crashes since I've had the car (nearly 6 months) and while annoying, it has recovered. The last one was in 2010. I don't have any syncing issues or anything--mainly I'd like it to be faster and I don't want to miss out on any features. Should I even bother bringing it in? Have any of the GEN2 or later updates made any speed improvements? I sure haven't seen examples of this on the forums. I don't want to break my SYNC!

I haven't gotten my hands on my car yet, but my wife is reporting speed improvements. She says screen transistions and button response are both noticably improved. And my car was already running GEN2.4. I would have to say, if you are still on the previous generation you should see a lot of improvement.

For sure, if you never upgrade from GEN1 it will never work any better than it does now. So I think you can officially say there are several examples of improved performance on these forums from folks that have upgraded...

If it's like the music library - you press A-F once and you get the As. Press it again and you get the Bs. Again and you get Cs. And so on. Did you try that?

No I haven't but I am running out to the car right now to try it

No such luck. I get the first 4 entries of each of the 4 alpha sub categories and that's it

Edited by tpm419419

The update process has gotten a lot better then it was at first. Just be patient and don't take your vehicle in when you are pressed for time, just in case! As far as I know no one has reported not being able to finally get an update. It did take me 2 weeks to finally get my update but when then actually did the update the 2nd time it only took about 4 hours, some are reporting 2 hours now. Some have had to have the entire module replaced however when the system failed but that is a simple plug and play as the come programmed with the latest.

I am going to get all the updates I can because I think Ford will eventually get all the bugs out and the system will be what it is supposed to be. Right now the only real problem I have is the clock but there are a few things that could be improved.

Edited by curlysir

The update process has gotten a lot better then it was at first. Just be patient and don't take your vehicle in when you are pressed for time, just in case! As far as I know no one has reported not being able to finally get an update. It did take me 2 weeks to finally get my update but when then actually did the update the 2nd time it only took about 4 hours, some are reporting 2 hours now. Some have had to have the entire module replaced however when the system failed but that is a simple plug and play as the come programmed with the latest.

I am going to get all the updates I can because I think Ford will eventually get all the bugs out and the system will be what it is supposed to be. Right now the only real problem I have is the clock but there are a few things that could be improved.

Great attitude! I've still got hope too.

Of course the fact that I've been trying for the last hour to log onto syncmyride.com and keep getting an error that their system encountered an error isn't making me feel too hopeful....if even they can't keep their website up.

Well, you know, the website is..."performing scheduled maintenance"

Edited by wilsons66604

This is why I plan on getting all the updates that are put out for the system, and as quickly as they come out. Being dissatisfied with how a piece of software works but never bothering to update said software is kind of like complaining about the person that is elected to an office when you didn't bother to go out and vote. The price of admission to complain about this thing needs to be that you are at least doing your part by getting the updates they put out.

Now I'll climb down off of my high horse and report what I've noticed so far about 2.7. My car was previously running 2.4, and I've only had it two months and it has never had anything lower than 2.4.

First thing, there was some very brief talk about trying to get us to pay for this update. This was the first service advisor that was writing up the order. He asked if we had recieved any letters about it and my wife admitted we had not gotten it yet. The other service adisor told #1 there was a letter going around and printed it out for him. So there was no charge for the update. Just thought I'd mention that in case it helps someone out.

They had the car for a little more than a hour for this update. They told the wife they had to "Flash the whole system". Be aware, you will lose all your navigation favorites, your phone pairings, your system settings you have changed, and you will have to call Sirius to get your sattelite music going again. For whatever reason the Travellink stuff, my radio presets, and "MyTemp" were all retained during the update. Go figure.

Changes so far are pretty minor. Screen transistion and button response seems to be better in some cases. In others I still notice more lag than you would expect. I noticed some screen changes in the Travellink stuff, especially related to the weather map in that they now give you an obvious exit button when you are there. The seat heater buttons are more responsive for sure, but they still don't time out after 15 minutes from what I could tell like the manual says they should. My USB flash drive with music on it seems to be working a little smoother than before, but then I wasn't having too much trouble with it to begin with aside from having to turn off Autoplay to keep it from switching to USB when I would power cycle the car.

I'll keep an eye out for anything else, but so far I would recommend the update. Maybe it fixes some other problems that some are having that I wasn't experiencing to begin with?

@ curlysir...I have the same problem with the clock and I was told yesterday by Sync/MFT that 2.7 will fix that issue. Did you get the 2.7 update & did it not fix the clock/calendar issue. I was hoping to get the car in the garage within the next couple weeks for the update.

@ curlysir...I have the same problem with the clock and I was told yesterday by Sync/MFT that 2.7 will fix that issue. Did you get the 2.7 update & did it not fix the clock/calendar issue. I was hoping to get the car in the garage within the next couple weeks for the update.

Haven't had the update yet., still on 2.4. Will be at least a couple of weeks before I can get it done, schedule too busy right now to interrupt for the upgrade. Getting my 1970 BOSS 302 ready for a MCA Mustang show and then a short trip, but after that I will be calling the dealer and get the upgrade done.

Edited by curlysir

2.7 not showing up on my syncmyride. I questioned them about that on Friday. The lady said she didn't know the reason but agreed with me that some were showing up and others weren't. She checked my VIN and said the 2.7 should have been on my Syncmyride. I also asked about the Ford letter (satisfaction) that was sent to some and not others, again she agreed but didn't know why and I was told that not everyone would be getting the letter. (Maybe it was just for US customers, although she didn't say that).

I wonder the same if this letter was sent to any Canadians... My syncmyride does not show any available update at all for me and I am still on Sync VersionGen2 - V1.8. Interesting that only showed briefly availability of 2.4 back in December and then disappeared after few days.

I am not really interested to make an update as I have never had problem with mytouch. I am going to do this when new features will be added.

I wonder the same if this letter was sent to any Canadians... My syncmyride does not show any available update at all for me and I am still on Sync VersionGen2 - V1.8. Interesting that only showed briefly availability of 2.4 back in December and then disappeared after few days.

I am not really interested to make an update as I have never had problem with mytouch. I am going to do this when new features will be added.

I have v2.4 and everything works great except the clock. I did have a few glitches with the blind spot/cross traffic alert but that corrected itself weeks ago. The clock issue is minor for me but I was told on friday that the 2.7 will correct that problem. I wonder if anyone that had a clock/calendar problem got the 2.7 update and if it did correct this issue. I should add that I love the Ford Edge and can live with a few 'minor' ailments for awhile...BUT... the problems some people are having are certainly reason for 'major' concerns.'

I have v2.4 and everything works great except the clock. I did have a few glitches with the blind spot/cross traffic alert but that corrected itself weeks ago. The clock issue is minor for me but I was told on friday that the 2.7 will correct that problem. I wonder if anyone that had a clock/calendar problem got the 2.7 update and if it did correct this issue. I should add that I love the Ford Edge and can live with a few 'minor' ailments for awhile...BUT... the problems some people are having are certainly reason for 'major' concerns.'

My Edge was built in March and came with v2.7. So far out side of a little lag at start up, all seems to work fine, including clock/calendar and BLIS.

I'm on 2.7 and yesterday I witnessed the scheduled reboot. Only problem after reboot was that I had to go into BT menu on phone and disconnect/connect it (no re-pairing required)

I was always wondering what prompted that lady to say "for your safety ...". Now I think it may be a sign that the system rebooted while I was not in the car.

Edited by wilsons66604

Gonna bite the bullet and take the car in on Friday for the 2.7 update with fingers and toes crossed. The appointment is for 2:30pm Friday, not sure if that gives them enough time to complete the update before closing at 5pm. I have read time frames anywhere from 1 hour to 4 hours...any comments? I was told they have updated all their cars on the lot and only one gave them trouble. May question them tomorrow on time frame for the update because we have a trip planned for the weekend.