MFT v2.7 update

Gonna bite the bullet and take the car in on Friday for the 2.7 update with fingers and toes crossed. The appointment is for 2:30pm Friday, not sure if that gives them enough time to complete the update before closing at 5pm. I have read time frames anywhere from 1 hour to 4 hours...any comments? I was told they have updated all their cars on the lot and only one gave them trouble. May question them tomorrow on time frame for the update because we have a trip planned for the weekend.

The last service writer I got told me an hour. I thought he was crazy but didn't say anything. He later called me and told me it was a 2 hr procedure. That was more realistic..

Good luck! Fridays are sometimes crazy in the service dpt.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, am I to expect a call from Ford suggesting I update to the 2.7 (I haven't yet)

Or are they just planning on waiting until we get so pissed that we come to the dealer with complaints

What about the folk who aren't using this forum, how would they know...???

Ford is sending out letters to let the customers know about the update, although not everyone has gotten a letter so far (I have not). Maybe some dealers are recommending it as people come in for other things like oil changes? I don't know. As one poster said above, their dealer updated all the cars in their inventory so the word of these updates is spreading.

I noticed one more change last night that I *think* was a result of the 2.7 upgrade. I was talking on the phone, and had the navigation going, and when it needed to tell me a direction it just did the "bong" sound instead of interrupting my conversation with the spoken direction. It seems like I can remember it not working that way under 2.4, so that is another nice change to the new release of software. It could have been due to different settings between now and then, but I think I have everything set the same on settings. I continue to be impressed with the performance of 2.7.

I haven't received a letter yet but I was wondering for those who got the letter and/or got the 2.7 update, did the dealership you went to charge you for the upgrade? I remember my dealership (Porter Ford, Delaware) charging me 49.99 to update my sync on my 09 Ford Flex for the 911 and Vehicle Health Report.

Edited by Alucard

I haven't received a letter yet but I was wondering for those who got the letter and/or got the 2.7 update, did the dealership you went to charge you for the upgrade? I remember my dealership (Porter Ford, Delaware) charging me 49.99 to update my sync on my 09 Ford Flex for the 911 and Vehicle Health Report.

I just received my letter a week ago and it states that there is no charge for this update.

I hadn't received my letter either but my dealership was able to look it up when I took it in. So there should be no charge for 2.7 update. The $50 question going forward will be, will they eventually want to be paid to do future updates? My understanding is that all MFT updates so far have been attached to either a recall or a letter, I wonder if eventually the updates will be considered more minor and therefore Ford will want us to pay for this?

If that is the case those updates need to be able to be performed by us via the syncmyride web site mechanism. That way tech savy folks like myself can choose to do the update themselves, and those that aren't are able to pay the dealership for them if they want them. At least that is my 2 cents. If there is ever an update that I can't do myself that I have to pay for I will move from a very satisfied customer to not pretty quickly, especially if my car is still under the bumper to bumper warranty.

I don't know of anyone in Canada that has received the letter! I called the MFT/Sync people on the phone last week and asked them if there was a fix for the clock/calendar issue and was told I needed the 2.7 update to correct the problem (I questioned them about the letter and why the syncmyride was not updated...but that's another story) and if the dealership had any questions to call their 800 number. When I went into the dealers Wednesday, they knew all about the 2.7 and to just bring the car into the shop on Friday and as I mentioned in an earlier post, they had already updated the cars on their lot. I will update you all on the weekend when/if (still a little pessimistic about updating) the update is completed.

I went to the dealer today for another issue. Also, provided a list of "minor" MFT issues. I received the update to 2.7 without problems and no charge. Note, I never received a letter and syncmyride never mentioned I needed an upgrade.

I noticed my Nav screens to snap onto the screen instead taking their time.

I went to the dealer today for another issue. Also, provided a list of "minor" MFT issues. I received the update to 2.7 without problems and no charge. Note, I never received a letter and syncmyride never mentioned I needed an upgrade.

I noticed my Nav screens to snap onto the screen instead taking their time.

So did 2.7 fix all of your 'minor' MFT issues? Just curious. I am going to get 2.7 today for a 'minor' issue (clock).

So did 2.7 fix all of your 'minor' MFT issues? Just curious. I am going to get 2.7 today for a 'minor' issue (clock).

Like I mentioned in the other thread, after the update I had issue with Audio and BT, but I think sync was tresetting itself in the background and after few days it seems to be working better. As far as Clock/ Calender issue it will correct. Dealer also mentioned that they have seen some different issues after 2.7 update.

So far, the 2.7 update looks like it resolved a few of minor issues. I rarely use my phone in the car so I still need to pair my Droid X again. I guess I'm abnormal because I'm probably one of the few who doesn't talk to a lot of people when driving.

I plan on submitting an enhancement request on SyncMyRide for a method to backup phone configs, Nav Favorites, etc becasue the update wipes them out. I understand how developers focus on creating the first rev or two of a product then begin writing the enhancements. Also, a product manager colates the enhancement requests inserting requests into upcoming versions. So, hoping in the future can perform some backups.

Edited by rwolson

Had the 2.7 update today, mainly for the clock issue. Pulled out of the garage and checked the usual programs (Nav, Audio etc.) including the clock, which was correct. Got less than a KM and the clock was incorrect again. This time it was 1.5 hours slow while all along it was 2.5 hours fast. I noticed coming up on the screen was Eastern Time (EDT), which is exactly 1.5 hours earlier than my time of NDT. If I was in the Eastern Time Zone all would be good. Everything else worked ok, didn't notice anything significantly different from the 2.4 ver. The one thing that bothered me was Sirius Radio. Everyone else mentioned when they had the update they had to call Sirius to restart the program. My Sirius was still working and the only thing I had to do was pair the cell phone. Syncmyride is now showing I do have 2.7. Back to the garage on Monday if nothing changes in the meantime.

Two days in a row, I noticed my clock was off by 1 hr when I started 2001 edge.

After the "for your safety..." announcement, the clock corrected itself.

It is set to use gps for time sync.

What is really weird...

Is that the same day,my wall clock was off by one time zone

Update:

Is ford really using gps for time sync?

Are they using the radio wave update from CO??

Edited by wilsons66604

Two days in a row, I noticed my clock was off by 1 hr when I started 2001 edge.

After the "for your safety..." announcement, the clock corrected itself.

It is set to use gps for time sync.

What is really weird...

Is that the same day,my wall clock was off by one time zone

Update:

Is ford really using gps for time sync?

Are they using the radio wave update from CO??

Funny. I started with Western European time (actually same time as London, England), that went for about 3 weeks. Then I got Central Time (2.5 hours) and now I am down to EST (1.5 hours), all this and I barely moved from my home town. Eventually by the time I trade it in I should be in my own time zone. Not serious though, it works great with a manual set.

Aww...so I should not need the #29 fuse location memorized?

I hope so! Some of the threads here are scary!

Yep. This version of Touch has major issues due to poor memory management. A reboot or pull of fuse 29 always seemed to clear up issues.

You will still see issues but the regular reboot resets the memory and makes everything OK again.

I'm looking forward to version 6.2 :doh:

Yep. This version of Touch has major issues due to poor memory management. A reboot or pull of fuse 29 always seemed to clear up issues.

You will still see issues but the regular reboot resets the memory and makes everything OK again.

6.2...love it... :sos:

Please ask your dealer what changes are in 2.8 from the 2.7. And when it might be released for others to upload

Thanks

I went to the dealer yesterday to get my update, which was supposed to be 2.7, but this picture shows I have 2.8....am I reading that correctly? As a side note when I was talking to the service manager he admitted his boss had instructed them to not install 2.7 as 2.8 was to be released on May 1 to the dealers. I asked if he had the release notes yet, but he didn't yet.

post-13577-046203600 1303233056_thumb.png

I went to the dealer yesterday to get my update, which was supposed to be 2.7, but this picture shows I have 2.8....am I reading that correctly? As a side note when I was talking to the service manager he admitted his boss had instructed them to not install 2.7 as 2.8 was to be released on May 1 to the dealers. I asked if he had the release notes yet, but he didn't yet.

Nice info Thank you

RonnieEdge - you also might find you have no issues or reboots. Not everyone has issues just like not everyone is issue free - Best of luck on the new ride!