MFT v2.7 update

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard any details about the next update for my ford touch? I've read around on other forums that MFT gen 2 v2.7 will be available in March but have not been able to find anything on what the update will fix or include.

Ā 

I have been wondering the same. I did have a conversation with a tech at syncmyride and he said one of the things they hoped to fix was the clock/calendar problem. Not sure what else.

I have been wondering the same. I did have a conversation with a tech at syncmyride and he said one of the things they hoped to fix was the clock/calendar problem. Not sure what else.

Can I ask what the "clock/calendar" problem is? The reason I ask is my wife was playing around with the calendar the last time we were in the car but could not get it to work correctly. And now (possibly related?) this morning I noticed that nothing within the "Sirius Travellink" screen is working at all. In fact, there aren't even any menu button when I go there, it's just all blank. I plan on stopping off at the dealer on the way home to show them, but I'm just wondering if playing around with the calendar screen could have been the root cause of my other woes.

I hope they fix some of the huge problems too, not only a clock calendar thing...call it 2.7 just for that? What about the constant indexing of devices? the constant problems to connect phones? Or the voice recognition not recognizing anything? Or the album arts not showing correctly. The general slowness of the whole thing...

Can I ask what the "clock/calendar" problem is? The reason I ask is my wife was playing around with the calendar the last time we were in the car but could not get it to work correctly. And now (possibly related?) this morning I noticed that nothing within the "Sirius Travellink" screen is working at all. In fact, there aren't even any menu button when I go there, it's just all blank. I plan on stopping off at the dealer on the way home to show them, but I'm just wondering if playing around with the calendar screen could have been the root cause of my other woes.

Ā 

Quite a few 2011 Edge owners have clocks that won't keep time when trying to sync with the gps. Some are showing the calendar year out by 20 years or more. My clock is always 2.5 to 3.5 hours fast. Actually for the first couple weeks I had the car it was perfect and then one day while driving on the highway the clock jumped ahead 5.5 hours and the calendar date was incorrect. Two days later the clock was 3.5 hours fast and after DST it was 2.5 hours but now the calendar is correct. If you go into 'Menu' 'Clock' you will see the setting regarding GPS, date, time.

I hope they fix some of the huge problems too, not only a clock calendar thing...call it 2.7 just for that? What about the constant indexing of devices? the constant problems to connect phones? Or the voice recognition not recognizing anything? Or the album arts not showing correctly. The general slowness of the whole thing...

Ā 

I am sure it will...or screw up other things...The only reason the clock was mentioned regarding 2.7 was because that was the problem I had (actually the only one right now) and when I called the Sync guys on the phone I was told they were working on a fix and expected in the next update which happened to be 2.7. There has also been a mention somewhere on the forum about a TSB 11-3-15. I love to know what is in this TSB.

Quite a few 2011 Edge owners have clocks that won't keep time when trying to sync with the gps. Some are showing the calendar year out by 20 years or more. My clock is always 2.5 to 3.5 hours fast. Actually for the first couple weeks I had the car it was perfect and then one day while driving on the highway the clock jumped ahead 5.5 hours and the calendar date was incorrect. Two days later the clock was 3.5 hours fast and after DST it was 2.5 hours but now the calendar is correct. If you go into 'Menu' 'Clock' you will see the setting regarding GPS, date, time.

Ā 

My calendar shows a date of November 4, 2030 and as far as I can tell there is no way to set the date. And as a result of the date being off my clock is now an hour off unless I set it manually. At one time the calendar was correct, I don't know when it got off but when I first noticed anything wrong was when the time suddenly was off by an hour and I traced it to the calendar.

My calendar shows a date of November 4, 2030 and as far as I can tell there is no way to set the date. And as a result of the date being off my clock is now an hour off unless I set it manually. At one time the calendar was correct, I don't know when it got off but when I first noticed anything wrong was when the time suddenly was off by an hour and I traced it to the calendar.

Ā 

Yes, it's actually weird. I was actually driving when mine went haywire. The funny thing is the date is now correct but the time, as mentioned, is 2 1/2 hour fast, so I to have have to de-select the gps button and manually set the clock. As soon as the gps button is selected again the clock jumps ahead the 2.5 hours. Not a big deal but I will get it fixed when they notify me that a fix is available.

I have been having major problems with MyFord Touch since I got my Edge in October. I finally brought it in for service last Wednesday and they upgraded the system to V2.7, I can honestly say I don't notice any differences, and I am still having problems with the system. Here are the problems I have been having so far (note that not all of these problems happen all the time, but all of them have occurred at least twice in the last week since the update):

-Clock doesn't hold the correct time

-Intermittent connection to Bluetooth audio with my iPhone 4 (had the same problem before the update)

-When I get into my car (this has happened a few times so far) I notice the system trying to pair my phone but all it says is "Connecting to phone." When I go into the MyFord Touch settings, the Bluetooth is set to "off" even though I never turned it off when I got out of the car

-Radio icons appear on camera screen when I shift into reverse (not all the time)

-System still remains sluggish to inputs

-Loss of volume control

-Loss of function on the speech button on the steering wheel (I press it, the radio temporarily mutes and then comes back on, but there is no voice prompt)

Ā 

Now, I really like my Edge. It drives great, its very comfortable, and when MyFord Touch is working, the system is very cool. However, the software glitches and bugs are ruining the experience of this ownership. In addition to the problems with the factory system, where is the integration with Pandora, Stitcher and other functionalities Ford promised? Ford (and Microsoft) need to solve these problems immediately.

The previous post may hold the answer to this already, but does anyone know if 2.7 requires a visit to the dealer? Or will it be flash drive updatable via the syncmyride.com web site?

Ā 

Viper- not sure if this answer helps or not, but somewhere in between version 1.4 (the version my Edge rolled out of the factory with) and 2.7 (the first software update my car received from version 1.4) there is an update that must come from the dealership. Not sure where in the versions that update falls, but chances are you may need to bring your car in. Definitely find out from the dealership though before you bring it in to save you the time. Regardless, hopefully in the future we can update via flash drives

Josh,

Ā 

Interesting that you got 2.7 installed last week. Yesterday I went to the dealer for my first service and they proudly announced they upgraded me to the latest and greatest - 2.4. You would think that if one dealer had access to 2.7 then they all would.

I got a letter regarding the "Customer Satisfaction" program this week. It told me that I needed to bring my 11 Edge in for an update. I'm on 2.4 now and am hoping I get updated to 2.7 or better tomorrow.

Wilson- I got the same letter and it was after the V2.7 update. They must have sent it out regardless.

Ā 

To everyone- I wouldn't recommend rushing out to update to 2.7 just because it's the latest version. It is still very glitchy/buggy and in my opinion, isn't worth the time of bringing in your car, waiting, etc if another update is going to be coming soon. Like I stated earlier, I can't find any noticeable changes from the previous version I had, so my advice would be to wait until they fix the issues.

Ā 

edge%20version%20copy.jpg

Edited by josh the nurse

I had the 2.7 update performed today. The work order calls it Recall and it was a complete reflash.

I need to have more time with it before I come to any conclusions. When I took the car in, it was refusing to connect to my iPhone and I refused to pull 29 again.

So far, it's working pretty good. Connection to phone seems quicker.

I read where one owner seemed to think that 2.7 wasn't that much better but it did seem to reboot on it's own more often. As if it now realizes it's going stupid and reboots to clear the memory. I can live with that if it means I don't have to pull the fuse anymore

I read where one owner seemed to think that 2.7 wasn't that much better but it did seem to reboot on it's own more often. As if it now realizes it's going stupid and reboots to clear the memory. I can live with that if it means I don't have to pull the fuse anymore

Ā 

You are a brave one - jumping for this update so quick.. :)

Ā 

I am still holding off. I still have not had to pull the fuse ever and only maybe 2 reboots since September when I got it. I am good. Keep us posted.

You are a brave one - jumping for this update so quick.. :)

Ā 

I am still holding off. I still have not had to pull the fuse ever and only maybe 2 reboots since September when I got it. I am good. Keep us posted.

Ā 

Ā 

I too am holding off on any dealer update. Mine is working just fine so I would hate to mess it up. I'll only update when they add additional functions to it.

Here's a question for everyone that has had the dealer update their SYNC software (regardless of the release). They aren't charging for this are they? I stopped in to my service advisor and asked him to schedule an appointment to upgrade my SYNC software as I had been having some problems and I knew there was a newer version available, and at first he acted like he didn't even understand what I was talking about. Then he went ahead and scheduled the appointment, but he mumbled something about how he didn't know how much it would be. I understand that even with a bumper to bumper that I'm still paying for fluids and filters and wear items like wiper blades, etc, but I would just assume that software upgrades would be included as warrantly work. Yes or no? Basically, has anyone still within their bumper-to-bumper period had to pay for software updates?

Here's a question for everyone that has had the dealer update their SYNC software (regardless of the release). They aren't charging for this are they? I stopped in to my service advisor and asked him to schedule an appointment to upgrade my SYNC software as I had been having some problems and I knew there was a newer version available, and at first he acted like he didn't even understand what I was talking about. Then he went ahead and scheduled the appointment, but he mumbled something about how he didn't know how much it would be. I understand that even with a bumper to bumper that I'm still paying for fluids and filters and wear items like wiper blades, etc, but I would just assume that software upgrades would be included as warrantly work. Yes or no? Basically, has anyone still within their bumper-to-bumper period had to pay for software updates?

Letter states that there is no cost to the consumer for the latest 2.7 update. Additionally you just have to say that it isn't working correctly when you want a software update. There may be an issue if you tell them that it's working correctly and at that point they may feel it's not warranty related. I hope this helps

Letter states that there is no cost to the consumer for the latest 2.7 update. Additionally you just have to say that it isn't working correctly when you want a software update. There may be an issue if you tell them that it's working correctly and at that point they may feel it's not warranty related. I hope this helps

Thanks Tom, that does make sense. I believe I am having enough problems to justify them performing the update. I will work it that way when I go in. But that said, I would definetly have a problem with Ford attempting to charge me for maintenance releases of software. Frankly, I would happily perform them myself if they were available for download on the web site. And with a product that is experiencing as many issues as MFT I would think any customer would be entitled to these updates for free. We aren't talking new navigation software data, these are essentially bug fixes. Even if they added functionality isn't there a lot of functionality that was promised but has not appeared yet?

Ā 

I'll climb off my high horse now, but honestly, if the time ever comes where these updates become a cost issue I think we should have it explained as to why that would be the case.

Thanks Tom, that does make sense. I believe I am having enough problems to justify them performing the update. I will work it that way when I go in. But that said, I would definetly have a problem with Ford attempting to charge me for maintenance releases of software. Frankly, I would happily perform them myself if they were available for download on the web site. And with a product that is experiencing as many issues as MFT I would think any customer would be entitled to these updates for free. We aren't talking new navigation software data, these are essentially bug fixes. Even if they added functionality isn't there a lot of functionality that was promised but has not appeared yet?

Ā 

I'll climb off my high horse now, but honestly, if the time ever comes where these updates become a cost issue I think we should have it explained as to why that would be the case.

Ā 

Ā 

Is there a way to find out which version is installed? My dealer never report back to the website what was installed....

Is there a way to find out which version is installed? My dealer never report back to the website what was installed....

I think if you do the deal where you load the utility that is available on the syncmyride web site onto a flash drive, take it out to the car and load it there, and then bring the flash drive back and upload it back to the web site everything will show your updated software. At least that is how it's supposed to work. That is why there is perpetually a download available on your account, it gives you a null thing to load just to get the history updated.