Ford Edge engine noise getting worse

2011 bordeaux edge

oh yeah.. injectors do, you can get fooled by that.remember the older engine, with the valve caps?I remember those engines having the pic and when you adjust the properly it's bootleg butter, so I see why people get a little bit scared on this car when a beer that text. There is no caps on the doll so it's something else and that t_s_b those explain a problem so everyone just have to keep an eye on it

• 1 year later...

That ticking in your video is valve train noise and injectors. All top end. Be worried if you hear a diesel engine like noise more, of a thunk-thunk from left or right wheel wells, which dissipates after a few minutes of warm up. That's more than likely piston slap or a lower end bearing, like my 2013 (manufactured 2012) has. Just deciding what to do with this vehicle... "we can bury 'er, burn 'er or dump 'er".

For 25 buck you can have an oil analysis done on your engine. This will tell you specifically if you have an engine issue. It may be worth the money to know or know that there is not an issue. Go look at the video in the topic 3.5 duratec engine oil analysis and see an actual report on a 3.5 duratec with 268,000 miles.

That ticking in your video is valve train noise and injectors. All top end. Be worried if you hear a diesel engine like noise more, of a thunk-thunk from left or right wheel wells, which dissipates after a few minutes of warm up. That's more than likely piston slap or a lower end bearing, like my 2013 (manufactured 2012) has. Just deciding what to do with this vehicle... "we can bury 'er, burn 'er or dump 'er".