I think my dash is made of Teflon...

Sorry the following isn't going to be of much help but should give you hope!

I found this double sided tape I believe at oreilly that wasn't foam based. It looked like it was rubber based and the backing that you peel off is red. I used it to stick my car dock to the dash of my truck for over a year and never came loose. The car dock I have came with a round plastic disk that the suction cup mounted to. The disk was flat on the top of the dash so it was never holding any weight. I tried to mount it under the ac controls, again this was in my truck with no center console, and it came loose because of the heat and weight I imagine.

That's it. The cool thing is I removed the mount from my dash when I sold my truck and it didn't leave any residue behind. And it kind of stretches like the 3M command strips, though not quite the same. So removing the old tape from the mount was pretty easy.

Yeah, velcro actually sticks, but looks like a polished turd. It's alright. I moved the pod down to the side of the center console.

Oh yeah, and velcro on the windshield stuck, but over three days, it starded sliding down the glass and melting.

Edited by Dingo

Yeah, velcro actually sticks, but looks like a polished turd. It's alright. I moved the pod down to the side of the center console.

Oh yeah, and velcro on the windshield stuck, but over three days, it starded sliding down the glass and melting.

I didn't put the velcro on the windshield.

The velcro is used to hold black felt in place on the dash to eliminate glare.

Its covered so that the "polished turd" is covered.

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end. poke.gif