new 2011 edge with faults already 3 weeks old

wankaplank

post-17734-0-60799600-1315871812_thumb.jpgHi Every one i'm new at posting but have been on here reading things for a while , i bought white try coat edge 2011 4 weeks ago , firstly i had to have it driven down from London Ontario to Sarnia say a 100 k ish well when it arrived it had 270 k on the clock i phoned the London dealer who it came from as i bought it from the Sarnia dealer and London said it only had 10 -15k on it so i ask myself where has it been , second thing my computer went down the other week leaving me with no screen air etc went in had that done ,third thing is that not one of my doors on the can sit flush with the next panel so i take it back to the Sarnia dealer , They tell me its normal that the doors should lap each other as to stop wind noise what aloud of B.S. the worst of the doors is the passenger door front as it meets the back passenger door looks like its been in a smash, they tell me that its normal to be like this as fords has a tolerance but this its just not right i ask you all to check your doors on the new 2011 edge and tell me your findings as i no longer want the car due to the door lining up as they do not do please if any one has advice please help , am i in my rights to return the car or not and what is the next step please help Dan Bailey post-17734-0-28705400-1315871343_thumb.jpg

post-17734-0-19122400-1315871320_thumb.jpg

post-17734-0-20076000-1315871378_thumb.jpg

post-17734-0-73531900-1315871410_thumb.jpg

post-17734-0-38430700-1315871755_thumb.jpg

post-17734-0-05345700-1315871782_thumb.jpg

Edited by wankaplank

I don't think many would have taken delivery of that thing. Looks like the hood is a mile off! At this point, I would try to deal directly with a ford rep. Almost looks like it may have taken a front end hit because of the hood and front doors being out of line. Maybe take it to a good bodyshop and have them check it over to see if any paint or bodywork has been done. Let us know what happens.

I've had the same issues as you did.

The hood, passenger A-pillar, Driver Door and Radio Bezel were all off from factory. Plus there are some clear coat drips on the back of the passenger rear door.

They got the hood closer, but not perfect. Will have to have them do it again.

They fixed the Driver door to satisfaction.

The bezel needed to be special ordered and I'm trying to get another appointment that will work.

They upgraded SYNC to 2.10 and messed my 'services' in the meantime.

And they didn't even touch the Passenger A-Pillar. Going to have them take another look.

They should fix everything for you. It's just a hassle to get them to do it right and work with my schedule.

[OffTopic Rant]:

Dealers should really open service and parts on the weekend and close it for 2 days during the week instead. Who the hell has time to make enough money to own one of these vehicles and also bring the damn car in during the work week to get it where it should have been out of the box?

[/rant]

[OffTopic Rant]:

Dealers should really open service and parts on the weekend and close it for 2 days during the week instead. Who the hell has time to make enough money to own one of these vehicles and also bring the damn car in during the work week to get it where it should have been out of the box?

[/rant]

Our service department is open on weekends for shortened hours, but there is only one Sync guy - so that has to be during the week. Of course, it is also 20 miles in the opposite direction from work, so we tend to take our car out the night before and drop it off and pick it up the next day. We are also lucky enough that we can car pool so that we can be without our second car for a day or two. There is a dealership just five minutes from work, but it is Cal Worthington - so you can understand my not wanting to go there (being from Cali and all, I am sure you know the history of him too)

post-17734-0-60799600-1315871812_thumb.jpgHi Every one i'm new at posting but have been on here reading things for a while , i bought white try coat edge 2011 4 weeks ago , firstly i had to have it driven down from London Ontario to Sarnia say a 100 k ish well when it arrived it had 270 k on the clock i phoned the London dealer who it came from as i bought it from the Sarnia dealer and London said it only had 10 -15k on it so i ask myself where has it been , second thing my computer went down the other week leaving me with no screen air etc went in had that done ,third thing is that not one of my doors on the can sit flush with the next panel so i take it back to the Sarnia dealer , They tell me its normal that the doors should lap each other as to stop wind noise what aloud of B.S. the worst of the doors is the passenger door front as it meets the back passenger door looks like its been in a smash, they tell me that its normal to be like this as fords has a tolerance but this its just not right i ask you all to check your doors on the new 2011 edge and tell me your findings as i no longer want the car due to the door lining up as they do not do please if any one has advice please help , am i in my rights to return the car or not and what is the next step please help Dan Bailey post-17734-0-28705400-1315871343_thumb.jpg

don't want to hi jack this thread but what is the sticker on your front passenger window, bottom left corner?

Around here a few Ford dealers have Saturday hours but only for oil changes. I see a lot of the foreign car dealers have hours on Saturday for repairs.

Last year they determined I needed a new Sync microphone. A minimum 1.5 hour repair, that is after a tech starts on it. They refused to give me a loaner, expected me to take all of that time off work. I waited 2.5 hours for an oil change once so figure a repair is going to be a very long time. You are right, they don't get it. I go somewhere else now.

I had / have the same problems. The dealer corrected the door by adjusting the strikers. The belt molding at the window line is tougher to adjust. The dealer tried twice and it made no difference. I had the same problem on my 2008, and it was never corrected either. So the belt line molding mis alignment problem was here from the beginning.