All weather floor mats

I just purchased a 2011 Edge Limited. One of the sticker option was "All weather rubber floor mats" for $75. The car was delivered with carpet mats that appear to be standard.issue. They are the ones with the buttons that attach to the carpeted floor. Did the dealer "forget" to put these in? Does anyone know if they are truly all weather rubber mats?

Thanks...

I just purchased a 2011 Edge Limited. One of the sticker option was "All weather rubber floor mats" for $75. The car was delivered with carpet mats that appear to be standard.issue. They are the ones with the buttons that attach to the carpeted floor. Did the dealer "forget" to put these in? Does anyone know if they are truly all weather rubber mats?

Thanks...

They are decent rubber mats. If they are listed on your on your sticker, it's well worth the effort to get them from the dealer.

My window sticker does say All Weather Mats - $100 (Canada pricing!) and came with them.

Useless in Toronto though.

It has a cut in the middle between gas and brake pedal, so one snow fall/ salt on the road, you'll have salt crust everywhere.

Ā 

I don't think my 11's have this "cut in the middle". They must have changed them, if not, it wasn't an issue. I find mine are OK, but the driver far left should go up much higher and it should have larger edges all the way around. I used them all last winter and had salt issues in this spot, as well as the far right at the top of the driver mat as well. As far as the other mats go, any issues with them were likely that the feet were not even on the mat. It would be great if they were a bit longer in both directions.

Ā 

Some of the aftermarket ones are much better, but a lot more expensive.

• 3 months later...

Just got my weathertechs in last week for my 11. They fit GREAT. The edges come up very tall on the sides on the front mats to keep everything contained. I also like how the covered the snaps for the driver side so the liquid won't leak. I got the full set and couldn't be happier. I run the huskys in my jeep and they are great, but the reviews on weathertechs seemed better for the edge.

I bought the Nifty Catch- all mats for my 11, they fit and look great. I like that they are carpet, they catch all moisture and are easy to clean. They look much better than the huskys or weathertechs. They were 87 bucks from Amazon.

Ā 

Ā 

Picture of the mat, doesn't look like it would catch water especially those of us in the snow belt, looks like water would run off the mat and onto the carpet unless the carpet catches the water?

Ā 

http://cdn.autoanything.com/images/products/large/floor_mats/nifty_catch_it_carpet_floor_mats_tan_new.jpg

Ā 

http://cdn.autoanything.com/images/products/large/floor_mats/nifty_catch_it_floor_protectors_mat_tan.jpg

Ā 

http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/75A5665A0A0.aspx?green=AC1732FF-EE57-5B21-BFBA-B51D01AC0349

Edited by 1duFos

• 2 weeks later...

I'm chiming in fairly late here... but what the heck. An opinion is an opinion. I bought the Ford "All Weather" rubber mats and less than 1.5 years later, there was a wear through where my heal lands. When I queried the dealer where I purchased them, he figuratively shrugged his shoulders and said they were a "wear item." Ergo, no warranty. Ergo, don't waste your money IMHO. Buy the weathertechs, the huskys, etc. Just my opinion and experience talking. Less than 1.5 years is not a quality product.

My window sticker does say All Weather Mats - $100 (Canada pricing!) and came with them.

Useless in Toronto though.

It has a cut in the middle between gas and brake pedal, so one snow fall/ salt on the road, you'll have salt crust everywhere.

Ā 

Yes, that's what my 2012 $75 ones have from the factory. And that's exactly what happened when we had some snow/salt. So, for now, I have towels over them that go clear up under the pedals and all the way back to where the seat bracket is and across the full width of the driver and also another one for the passenger floor. It looks like an old lady's car with the towels, but at least they are dark. :rolleyes:

Ā 

In my opinion, they are too small for the floor area. I'll be looking at maybe something frome Weather tech or other brands. I like the whole area to be covered, salt or dry. It just keeps all the small stones /debris from getting in the carpet.

Ā 

Jessica

Edited by jmbreeze23

Thanks for the suggestion on the Nifty brand. Never heard of them. Many people on this forum love Weathertech & Huskey mats and I understand why, but I want carpeted mats. The ones that came with my 2011 SEL don't cover near enough of the floor and I predict they won't last long. I'm in Florida, so carpet mats do the job just fine, but I'm always on the lookout for other custom fit mats that are carpeted and there just aren't many brands that make them.

Ā 

Peace,

Ā 

DM

• 2 weeks later...

I had the nifty carpeted mats in my F-150 a few years ago and loved them. I want them for my 2012 Edge but so far I've only seen part numbers for the rear seat floor. Not sure if there's any difference from 2011 to 2012 but I put in an email on their website asking for clarification.