Private Cash - Go get it...

I don’t see any specific threads on the topic of Private Cash, so I thought I’d start one. I’ll just say what I know and others can correct me if I’m wrong. Ford sends targeted offers to individuals in the form of “Private Cash”. It cannot be transferred and it must be sent to you. That doesn’t mean you should just wait and hope it comes. I heard that Private Cash is sometimes given when your request a brochure, so I went to http://www.ford.com/brochures/ and requested three brochures “By Mail” to my office address and three to my home address.

Office: I requested the Edge, Taurus, and Mustang and said I plan to acquire a new vehicle in 0-30 days. I received the brochures and there was nothing inside (listed was the standard rebate and financing for me).

Home: I requested the Edge, The New Taurus, and Mustang but I had No Definite Plans to acquire a new vehicle. In both the Edge and the Mustang brochures I was given $750 in Private Cash (meaning I can get $750 off, not $1500).

I hate to waste the paper of requesting multiple brochures (the limit is 3), but $750 was too much to not at least try. Sometimes the private cash will only be good on one specific car and other times it will be good for most Ford vehicles (some exclusions though). Good luck and report back with what information you give and whether or not you receive anything. You can do this even if you have a factory order, I placed my factory order about a week ago and didn’t receive the Private cash until last weekend, but it wouldn’t get applied until you take ownership anyway. Now I just need to take ownership before the Private Cash expires...

A better search helped me find a thread from a year ago where members were calling it a coupon, brochure cash, or brochure coupon. I don't have mine in front of me, I'm not sure where I picked up the term Private Cash but hopefully it helps some others save $750:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/5593-new-programs-us-customers-10410

• 2 weeks later...

A better search helped me find a thread from a year ago where members were calling it a coupon, brochure cash, or brochure coupon. I don't have mine in front of me, I'm not sure where I picked up the term Private Cash but hopefully it helps some others save $750:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/5593-new-programs-us-customers-10410

So this is what my dealer was probably talking about! I was doing some haggling and while trying to bring the price down the salesman asked me if I received any coupons from Ford in the mail. I hadn't, but in the end he worked in another $750 discount somehow. He said he'd try to find a coupon or something.

Edited by mixpdf

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I applied for the brochure for the Edge, and I just got private cash in my email box. Unfortunately it says it is for 2011, 2012, and I am trying to order a 2013 Edge.

I assume the private cash will be available once the 2013s are announced, and I can request another brochure at that time, and get the private cash for a 2013 Edge. I guess my question is, if I order a 2013, can I present the private cash when I take delivery of the car, and they give me another $750 off of the price we had agreed to? Or do I have to have it before I order it?

I applied for the brochure for the Edge, and I just got private cash in my email box. Unfortunately it says it is for 2011, 2012, and I am trying to order a 2013 Edge.

I assume the private cash will be available once the 2013s are announced, and I can request another brochure at that time, and get the private cash for a 2013 Edge. I guess my question is, if I order a 2013, can I present the private cash when I take delivery of the car, and they give me another $750 off of the price we had agreed to? Or do I have to have it before I order it?

Depends on what type of deal you made with the dealer. Typically you would get the additional $750 if that wasn't part of the original price. There is no guarantee you'll get another $750 offer.

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly different problem for me...

Saw the info about the private cash, so I requested brochures...

Got one with a coupon, (son's name), and used it two weeks ago for the purchase of an Explorer for my wife. No problems with it...

Now, I am looking at an Edge. Started shopping a week ago, so requested more brochures. 2 -- YES 2! new brochures came today in the names of my other son and my wife. Each has a coupon for the $750.

Here is the question. Can I now use for a SECOND purchase (these were sent out after the first purchase). Or does the "One per household" rule mean only one for a certain period of time, or forever, etc...?

HELP!!!!

EDIT: In case it makes a difference, first car was in my wife's name alone. New car will be in mine alone...

Edited by m_nachman@yahoo.com

Slightly different problem for me...

Saw the info about the private cash, so I requested brochures...

Got one with a coupon, (son's name), and used it two weeks ago for the purchase of an Explorer for my wife. No problems with it...

Now, I am looking at an Edge. Started shopping a week ago, so requested more brochures. 2 -- YES 2! new brochures came today in the names of my other son and my wife. Each has a coupon for the $750.

Here is the question. Can I now use for a SECOND purchase (these were sent out after the first purchase). Or does the "One per household" rule mean only one for a certain period of time, or forever, etc...?

HELP!!!!

EDIT: In case it makes a difference, first car was in my wife's name alone. New car will be in mine alone...

It means one coupon/rebate per vehicle. You can use one on each new vehicle no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I requested brochures last week after reading this thread and they arrived today along with the $750 private cash. Mine does indicate it is good on 2011, 2012, and 2013 models and is good for 2 months (perfect timing for me). The only thing I'm not sure about is it makes mention of not being combinable with loyalty and lease renewal programs. My lease rates have been quoted along with a $1000 conquest rebate, but I'm not sure if this is amongst the items that would be excluded from the offer. I'll have to ask my salesman.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried ordering several brochures and they don't even show up. Finally got a trifold but no private cash. What a disappointment. I really wanted some features on my edge but now I am debating just forgetting about it. The sales tax is a killer so that private cash would help just a little there.

I got another tri-fold but no private cash. I went ahead and contacted the marketing department. We'll see if they send me one. I am disappointed that I didn't get one, but I do still want the edge. $750 could get me a feature that I would like and help out with the bottom line. I'll report back on their reply.

Fee115, I tried contacting the market department too. Here is the email I got from them:

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company. We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

We are happy to hear about your interest in a new 2012 Ford Edge. The 2.0-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder engine joins the lineup for the 2012 Edge, adding another high-tech feature to the popular crossover. We consider our customers to be our greatest asset and look forward to adding you to a list of satisfied Ford customers.

There are a variety of ways to receive a private offer. However, all of our unique loyalty offers are sent out on based on certain market criteria, which are not determined by our department. Every offer is unique and must be redeemed within the specified program dates printed on the offer. All rebates and incentives must be present and valid at the time of sale. These programs are not able be retro-fitted to any purchase or lease that was finalized outside of the program dates.

Fee115, I tried contacting the market department too. Here is the email I got from them:

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company. We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

We are happy to hear about your interest in a new 2012 Ford Edge. The 2.0-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder engine joins the lineup for the 2012 Edge, adding another high-tech feature to the popular crossover. We consider our customers to be our greatest asset and look forward to adding you to a list of satisfied Ford customers.

There are a variety of ways to receive a private offer. However, all of our unique loyalty offers are sent out on based on certain market criteria, which are not determined by our department. Every offer is unique and must be redeemed within the specified program dates printed on the offer. All rebates and incentives must be present and valid at the time of sale. These programs are not able be retro-fitted to any purchase or lease that was finalized outside of the program dates.

Well that was vague. I really wanted one of those private cash coupons. Now it is making me rethink this purchase. Why offer it to some customers and not others? Currently there is $1500 in incentives as I am not financing this with Ford Credit and I don't have a trade in. My state taxes the price before you deduct incentives so I lose a lot of the incentives in 6% sales tax, what a bummer :(

Well my persistence paid off. I requested a 2103 Edge brochure and it arrived yesterday with the $750 private cash. :happy feet:

Perfect timing since my 2013 Edge is on the train being transported. I should have it next week.

THANKS FORD!!!!!