**MAJOR FLAW** Digital ODOMETER is not measuring accurately!!!!

You misunderstand. I'm not trying to "attract" flies or any other insect here, just stating FACTS. My car's odometer is WAY off and this is an open forum as you stated and if I want to feel angry, then I don't see anything wrong with it!!!! It is America and it is the country of whistelblowers and I think if I feel something might be a scam or I am angry, I can say so WITHOUT apologies. I have seen others claim to get upwards to 30 MPG...something is really wrong...but this seals the deal for me...I am signing OFF of this message board and going to the other one were people aren't so JUDGEMENTAL of other people's issues with their new car. What good is a message board if I have to tiptoe around about how I really feel...CYA

I think that you are either very young or at least behaving in a "very young" manner..please read carefully when someone is just making a point of reference....of course the "no flies" was meant as a figure of speech and not to be taken literally....but I guess is too late you have left...oh well I think is your loss...defenitely no ours..

Well, if you think she's mad, you should have seen the fuss I made when they put a Sirius antenna on the front of my roof & RTV'd it down the edge of the windshield glass. My salesman forgot to add it to my order & I didn't notice. At least he agreed with me & that will be taken care of.

My feeling on this issue is that some either work for Ford or have relatives that do. Clearly, when someone is upset, the worst thing you can do is tell them they are wrong before proven otherwise.

Just my .02.

My feeling on this issue is that some either work for Ford or have relatives that do. Clearly, when someone is upset, the worst thing you can do is tell them they are wrong before proven otherwise.

Ranting and raving about it before taking the time to do some accurate data gathering is just that - ranting and raving. Gather the data to prove it's incorrect, then have the dealer check it. If you have proof and can't get the dealer to address it - then it's time to rant and rave. It's just as likely at this point that she was mistaken. In any event we don't have the ability to prove her right or wrong - only she can do the data gathering necessary for that.

:banghead:

WOW! I am PISSED! I recently checked my mileage the old fashoined way..divided gallons used into miles traveled and came up with 28 mpg. DING DING DING! You NEVER get mileage rated ABOVE what the car is rated...that top number is only going 45 with no air and no hills.

SO....I checked the mileage starting with the mile markers on the interstate. SURE ENOUGH, over about 8 miles I noticed it was not the same.... My hubby has a truck with the old fashoined roll over digits and took a trip and checked the mileage on that and then took the Edge on the same trip...SURE ENOUGH! It is NOT right!. This makes your car look like it is getting better mileage than it actually is!!!!!! WHAT A SCAM! What can I do about this?

[b]Check yours and report back...maybe it is just mine that is MESSED UP! :redcard: Man, am I MAD![/b]

Or.....

Hey Everyone! I'm really upset and I need to get some help. Please tell me what you think.

I recently checked my mileage the old fashoined way..divided gallons used into miles traveled and came up with 28 mpg. I thought this was very odd. It is extremely unlikely to get mileage rated above what the car is rated. Of course, I would have loved it, but still knew it was strange.

I was befuddled and gobsmacked.

So, in an effort to double-check my odometer, I checked the mileage starting with the mile markers on the interstate. After 8 miles I noticed it wasn't reading the same as the mile markers. My hubby has a truck with the old fashoined roll over digits and took a trip and checked the mileage on that and then took the Edge on the same trip. Once again I received a different reading.

I know this can't be right. It effects the mpg and the actual miles the car is driven.

I scoured through the many insightful and helpful posts on this board and didn't see anything along the same subject. Has anyone experienced this?

-----

I think she would have received a much more favorable response from the members had she posted this instead.

It's not what you say, but how you say it.

I decided to check out my millage against one of my buddies cars as well just for kicks. :shades:

Car 1 : MY 2007 Ford Edge Starting Millage 9125.8 Miles

Car 2 : His 2006 Mazda RX-8 Starting Millage 5,425.6 Miles

Started at Point A and Traveled to Point B

Car 1 Total distance Traveled 12.5 miles

Car 2 Total distance Traveled 12.9 miles

Looks like I got better millage oh wait I forgot to tell you that he decided to spin his tires at every stop sign and blew donuts in the parking lot haha guess my scientific test was a little off. :rockon:

But seriously I think she went a little over board with the CAPS LOCK KEY :stats: I would consider it a MAJOR FLAW if your driving down the highway and say you wheels fall off now that would be major flaw haha ok end sarcastic rant I'm just a little bored today

I found a site with all the specs for the Edge. It lists the FWD and AWD with different drive ratios. Maybe the odometers are set differently and hers is not right. Its possible..... Should be filed under "MINOR ISSUE".

Gear Ratios

1st 4.484

2nd 2.872

3rd 1.842

4th 1.414

5th 1.000

6th 0.742

REV -2.882

Final Drive FWD: 2.77; AWD: 3.16

All you math whiz's figure it out, but I bet its close to the world ending problem.

Ryan

I found a site with all the specs for the Edge. It lists the FWD and AWD with different drive ratios. Maybe the odometers are set differently and hers is not right. Its possible..... Should be filed under "MINOR ISSUE".

Gear Ratios

1st 4.484

2nd 2.872

3rd 1.842

4th 1.414

5th 1.000

6th 0.742

REV -2.882

Final Drive FWD: 2.77; AWD: 3.16

All you math whiz's figure it out, but I bet its close to the world ending problem.

Ryan

The drive ratio doesn't matter. It's not based on the transmission gear any more. It's all done through the ABS wheel sensors so as long as the tires are the right size and they match what's in the PCM it doesn't matter what the gearing is. Either the calibration thinks it has different size tires or there's a bug in the PCM code. Or sweetie is simply mistaken.

The drive ratio doesn't matter. It's not based on the transmission gear any more. It's all done through the ABS wheel sensors so as long as the tires are the right size and they match what's in the PCM it doesn't matter what the gearing is. Either the calibration thinks it has different size tires or there's a bug in the PCM code. Or sweetie is simply mistaken.

Perish the thought.

I drove on the highway and measured my odo with my AVIC 3 GPS. It seems that I might be getting a little benefit from the odo. 5 miles with the AVIC D3 and 4.9 on the odo. Good times.

Just a thought on Sweeties problem, Could it be a problem with the computer setting? Canada must use the Kph setting and we (the US) use Mph and I would think the Canadian speedometer is in KPH with the Mph on small scale.

But I don't Know this for a fact. :reading:

Just a thought on Sweeties problem, Could it be a problem with the computer setting? Canada must use the Kph setting and we (the US) use Mph and I would think the Canadian speedometer is in KPH with the Mph on small scale.

But I don't Know this for a fact. :reading:

Unless she goes to the dealer with her concerns (like every one of us suggested), she will never know.

Sour6116....don't get your panties in a bunch....you pulled the same crap at the other Edge forum...then you come on saying, loudly, "I was right...I was right..." BFD!!!! Also, if you actually believe that all the different brands of gas stations get their gas from the same truck....riiiiigggghhhhttttt.......I'd suggest a reality check....It's a wonder your husband hasn't shot himself yet......

If the odometer is off, Sweetie6116, have you looked at the MPH/Kilometers Per Hour (KPH) accuracy ? Is it correct ? Have you checked your vehicle running at the same MPH/KPH as another vehicle running next to you ? I would think if the odometrer is as inaccurate as you claim, the MPH/KPH may also be out of specification ?

Let's think this thru, Ford and all auto manufacturers use either time or miles for their warranty expiration parameters. If there was a TSB, for an out of spec odometer it would be posted here, there is none.

If the odometer was as out of spec. as you claim, I could see the US Congress (comments about congress being kept for another forum) holding hearings, hauling in all the CEOs of the major auto manufacturs asking about odomters and warranty claims.

This has not happened and to help the congress, the "Drive by Media" would really jump on this too

(Remeber the Explporer/Firestone issues or the Audi Acceleratoin issues)

The Media had a field day.

So what's the outcome ?

There are over 700 users on this forum, no one else has this issue ?

Could you have made a math error ?

Could you be looking at US gallons or Imperial gallons, or as another chap pointed out, KPG versus MPG ?

We are very nice people on this form, we Just Don't Like to see a product we paid good $$ for get bashed.

So where are we ?

Is your odometer incorrect ?

What actions have you taken ?

YOU DO OWE US AN ANSWER !

Thank you -

A very happy Edge Owner !

Sweetie's..... er.....I mean sour's problem is psychological....she says she is no longer on this forum, yet checks to see if we're talking about her....she is what one in the Air Force would classify as a "Class 'A' bitch....I pity her husband...so, if we ignore it , it will go away.....

Edited by 7

Yeah....she posted in an other forum. She said she was right, module was off, dealership ordering a new one. But she also said the dealership wouldn't listen to her until her husband went with her.

I replied. I know.....I know....I shouldn't have. But I couldn't resist.

I reminded her that all she had to do was tell the dealer, just like I told her in this forum. She got all pissed..lol

She didn't like the terrible things I said about her in this forum.

She said she banned me from talking to her; that she was just going to ignore me.

I told her to cool her jets..life was short, don't get so upset, I had no desire to talk to her again, etc.

They she replied (again - even though she "banned" me from talking to her). Said she thought I was going to leave her alone.

I'm with 007. It amazes me how people can be. I figure you have a choice when you wake up in the morning. Be in a good mood or a bad mood.

Why would anyone choose to be in a bad mood.

I would ask sweetie..but, well, she banned me. (LMAO)

• 2 weeks later...