Just sayin'

After all the problems, inconvenience, and ill-will that Ford has caused by releasing a flawed system without proper testing, I would think that the least they could do is give every Edge owner the nav unit along with the new update whether we purchased it originally or not. Of course, I am assuming that the new update works the way it is supposed to. When you run a business and make a mistake, you need to go out of your way to make up for it. if you want to keep your customers. Or, maybe Ford just doesn't care?

Just sayin'

After all the problems, inconvenience, and ill-will that Ford has caused by releasing a flawed system without proper testing, I would think that the least they could do is give every Edge owner the nav unit along with the new update whether we purchased it originally or not. Of course, I am assuming that the new update works the way it is supposed to. When you run a business and make a mistake, you need to go out of your way to make up for it. if you want to keep your customers. Or, maybe Ford just doesn't care?

Just sayin'

I agree Ford needs to step up and do something for customers. However, this fiasco wasn't due to lack of testing. Testing just uncovered too many bugs that couldn't easily be fixed and they had no backup plan.

A free Nav upgrade wouldn't help those who already have nav. A free maintenance contract, extended warranty and/or a rebate on a new Ford vehicle would be appropriate.

Yeah I don't think you can expect them to give you free upgrades on your car. But as akirby said, free maintenance or extended warranty would probably be more along the lines of what they should give out. You can't say every Edge owner, because this system affects more than just Edge owners.

Edited by c_bova

Yeah I don't think you can expect them to give you free upgrades on your car. But as akirby said, free maintenance or extended warranty would probably be more along the lines of what they should give out. You can't say every Edge owner, because this system affects more than just Edge owners.

What's done is done? There sure are many owners who have sworn that they will never buy another Ford due to the MFT problem. How will Ford get them back? It's a shame because my Edge handles and performs perfectly in every other respect and I think that most owners would agree. Ford rushed MFT into service to beat the other manufacturers. I see that many manufacturers have added some sort of computer controlled info system to their vehicles as an option. I even saw a large Bing icon on their touchscreen in the new commercial for BMW. MFT is not unique. I think that Ford needs to consider doing something special for the customers who took a risk and will probably stick with them as well as the customers who have given up on Ford for life.

(I'll never buy a Chrysler product again::-)

Just sayin'

so if you think people should get a free nav upgrade if they don't have it, what do the people that have the nav already get?

Everyone will get a year warrenty extension on the Myford Touch System. As i already have the navigation and a extended & year 100,000 warrenty what should i get? At this point in time nothing!

Edited by ladybird4

I already have an extended warranty as well. I don't think adding navigation would be a viable option since I believe that would require the replacement of the hardware. If it were as easy as an SD card addition, Ford would already be selling those seperately.

It's just a software upgrade plus the SD card but it's not available yet as a dealer installed option. No hardware changes required.

ONCE THE UPGRADE IS INSTALLED AND REPORTED SUCCESSFUL MYTOUCH CUSTOMERS WILL RECIEVE A 1 YEAR COMPONENT WARRANTY EXTENSION FROM THE ORIGINAL NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY START DATE

just found this a moment ago

Is this in addition to any extended warranties that might have been purchased?

ONCE THE UPGRADE IS INSTALLED AND REPORTED SUCCESSFUL MYTOUCH CUSTOMERS WILL RECIEVE A 1 YEAR COMPONENT WARRANTY EXTENSION FROM THE ORIGINAL NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY START DATE

That is kind of a bummer for people who got the cars early. I have had mine since September 10 and already over 20k miles.

It's only good if you only have the basic 3 year 36,000 warrenty. The ones who bought an extended warrenty are up

a creek without a paddle at this point.

So for us that paid for the best warranty and support, we get the worst! :censored:

I'll just wait to see what actually happens before I bitch about it.

where did you find this info, link please.