2012 Sport Mud Flaps

c_bova

Has anyone installed mud flaps on their edge sport? I know I've read some people say that with the side skirts on the sport there is a lot of dirt that collects on them, especially when it rains. I'm just wondering if installed some mud flaps would prevent this. But I'd want something that looks nice.

So I installed them tonight and pretty much had to make my own holes for everything but I think it they came out looking nice. Might have to get a set for the rear now just but I'll have to wait and see how it look out of the garage and in day light tomorrow. It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I should be able to see if they actually prevent all that water and dirt from getting on the rocker panel inside the door frame.

Without further ado here are some pictures, any questions feel free to ask. Used my iPhone for pics so I apologize for quality and darkness of some.

Started by using the R hole, but that put them a little low so I drilled another hole about a half inch below it.

photo1.jpg

then I had to modify the splash guard a bit by cutting it as you can see

photo2.JPG

this is where I drilled another hole for the other stock screw

photo3.JPG

drilled another hole to add another screw just to keep it secure

photo4.JPG

here you can see where I added that.

photo5.jpg

photo6.JPG

Edited by c_bova
  • Like 1

yeah it can be done with the ford ones, just have to pretty much not follow the directions and put them how you like them.

I got them online through the accessory site and picked them up at the dealer, I was able to get them for $26 after tax.

Edited by c_bova
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

You might not have to pull the wheels. To do the right one, with the car running, turn the steering wheel to the right as far as it will go, and shut off the engine. The back end of the wheel will be toward the middle of the car, might buy you enough room to work, maybe it won't. Just a thought.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So I installed them tonight and pretty much had to make my own holes for everything but I think it they came out looking nice. Might have to get a set for the rear now just but I'll have to wait and see how it look out of the garage and in day light tomorrow. It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I should be able to see if they actually prevent all that water and dirt from getting on the rocker panel inside the door frame.

Without further ado here are some pictures, any questions feel free to ask. Used my iPhone for pics so I apologize for quality and darkness of some.

Started by using the R hole, but that put them a little low so I drilled another hole about a half inch below it.

photo1.jpg

then I had to modify the splash guard a bit by cutting it as you can see

photo2.JPG

this is where I drilled another hole for the other stock screw

photo3.JPG

drilled another hole to add another screw just to keep it secure

photo4.JPG

here you can see where I added that.

photo5.jpg

photo6.JPG

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I bought the OEM splash guards for my 2013 Edge SEL and the guides indicates other holes I need to use that don't make any sense. The bad part is I already drilled them and without a cut there is no way they can fit even the manufacture doesn't say anything about cutting them.

Anybody else had the same issue?

Hi,

I bought the OEM splash guards for my 2013 Edge SEL and the guides indicates other holes I need to use that don't make any sense. The bad part is I already drilled them and without a cut there is no way they can fit even the manufacture doesn't say anything about cutting them.

Anybody else had the same issue?

YES. Stay away from the OEM guards. HORRIBLE to install. The Husky's are far superior and have a custom look that matches the SE/SEL/LTD trim. Best of all a 10 minute install. No drilling and uses existing screws. http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/15547-any-one-have-pics-of-husky-mud-guards-installed/?fromsearch=1

I sold my OEM's on eBay.

Edited by good2Bking
  • Like 1