installed some stuff today...

I'm still recovering, so I can't do any of the real projects that I've got to do, but I was about to lose my mind with cabin fever today. I put a second (backup) radar detector on the windshield, mounted my Scangauge II on my mirror, and put three transponders on my windshield. Even though it looks like my vision would be heavily obscurred in the pics, it's not. The only thing taking up any real estate that wasn't already blocked or otherwise useless is the radar detector. Also, imagine the radar detector cord not there, as I'm making a pigtail to run off of the mirror as we speak (type).

Thoughts?

DSC_5543.jpg

DSC_5542.jpg

• Like 1

I always tell everyone who asks about radar detectors the same thing. They're only useful to tell you when to pull over and collect your ticket. The new laser gun I'm currently testing for our dept. From Digital Ally, has a rifle scope on it! It acquires and reads your speed in 1/3 of a second with one pull of the trigger. They've even gone so far as to equip it with anti Counter counter measure technology. The technology has come leaps and bounds from where old radar guns were. I hope that works for you... They must have NO tolerance down there huh? How'd you get a $5k fine, that's gotta be a great story.

Edited by Edgieguy
  • Like 1

A Ducati.

I have extra equipment here in my garage that I could probably part with if you have a need.

lmao! i knew it! not to hurt your feelings, or a 1 up, but i have to share my story real quick. Lived on the Missouri side of kansas city. got a call late one night from a friend over on the kansas side of kansas city to come meet up with him and some girls. (1245AM on a saturday) i jump on the Gixxer, hit the 435 loop out of liberty and roll it south and west over the kansas line. along the way i passed 3 or 4 cars, of which one called LEO and made a mountain out of molehill in regards to my riding. Shortly after rolling into Kansas i was greeted by Leawood's finest on the right shoulder, lights flashing, wheels cut into traffic to pull out as i passed by, and just ahead were 3 more scattered across 3 out of 4 lanes. (rolling roadblock). so with no real good or safe chance for that matter to evade i shut her down and pull over.

1 pissed off patrolman and a nearby shooting later i was given a STERN warning and a ticket that read 165 in a 65. on my court date, the PA and the judge pulled me to the side and shook my hand and said i hold the record for fastest traffic violation and if i ever come back to Leawood they'll make me disappear in the system. havent been back since

Lmao! I had a buddy get a 138 in a 65 in a mountaineer. He went to court and his defense was, "your honor, do you really believe a Mercury Mountaineer would even go that fast? " the judge dismissed it. He neglected to mention the supercharger, nitrous, methanol, and co2 sprayers.

• 2 weeks later...

Dingo, I'll give you as much heads up when I'm headed up your way so we can plan something. I'm glad you are able to get out and do somew piddling. I got cabin fever so bad after my lt surgery that I literally was having panic attacks. Once I sorted getting out of the house I was ok!

If you get pulled over with your radar detector, I recommend you unplug it before the officer walks up. I don't know how many times I have talked to a speeder and the radar detector is chirping away in the background. That's a guaranteed ticket from me because you're showing intent to speed. :finger:

My "moving radar" that is mounted to my dashboard will set off radar detectors while I'm driving around, but I also have a handheld radar that shuts itself off until the target is acquired. Radar detectors can't help you with the handheld. I regularly see cars speeding with an immediate drop in speed to the speed limit... too late. If you have a radar blocking device, that is a more serious charge, and it can be confisgated.

Edited by Gator

• 3 months later...

That gun was tested against my k40 diffusers and was defeated. :)

142 in a 55, construction zone.

I like my speed myself, but don't you think driving 142 in a 55 is pretty stupid regardless?! I had a friend get killed when he was working from something this stupid so I'm merely stating the obvious, not trying to be a dick. There are safer places to get your fix, not construction zones...

• 1 year later...

Haha I was racing this Mitsubishi Lancer in my Cobra once. When he pulled up by me I could hear right away he did some serious work to it. After a nice street race through town, we turned onto this long strip where I burned that rice burner but right when I started laughing I looked back and seen 3 cop cars and on went their lights.

I explained to the cop that he was edging me on and I tried to ignore him but I just ended up doing what I had to do. The cop was actually really cool and took my info and went back to the car... So there I was freezing my balls off with my top down in the middle of December (I rarely drive the car so when I do I make sure the top is down) and he didn't want me to turn the car back on because of the noise it made so I didn't even have heat.... He then came back to the car and rattled off 10 tickets he could have given me, most which would lead to me being arrested and my car towed and going 154mph in a 40... I was given a seat belt ticket.