MFT report your successful installations or problems

i use a 16gb usb flash memory with nearly 3k songs. i can chose to play by genre (all artist) or by artist (either all his albums or just specific ones). I used to have issues when using my mac to prepare and transfer music to my usb device because macs by design also write hidden files together with each song that MFT reads and cannot understand thus displays corrupted images, a lot of duplicate songs, missing music info, unreadable mp3's, endless indexing, etc. All these went away after formatting my usd device using my Windows PC and did everything there from scratch.

I think MFT as a Windows system has better compatibility and integration with hardware and software that are also Windows based wether it be cellphones, music players or how mp3's are prepared.

Same here... 16gig USB Flash partitioned as FAT32, And yes, the Mac hidden files are a problem. I sync to my USB Flash Drive from iTunes using iTuneMyWalkman, then fire up Fusion with Windows XP and delete all the Mac files off the drive.

What do you mean when you say "Crash"?...a "performing System Maintenance" reboot?

Master Reset is not the same as the fuse pull or reboot. About the only thing reset used to do was trash all of your settings.

Good point... Clarifying my post about the 29 pull up higher... all I actually did yesterday was the Fuse pull, I have never done a Master Reset.

So, had ours done at the dealer since it was mandatory (early 2011 model so they wouldn't send us the install kits). Didn't replace the apim to my knowledge and now, less than 1 week later mega crash today. Half the graphics froze up, took about 5 minutes of semi visible screen and intermittent functionality then it just went black, rebooted itself and on the rest of the drive about 1/2 the streets in the nav worked (in an area where they all did before). Going to go for another drive in a bit but not confidence inspiring to say the least and I've been a defender of Ford from the beginning but this isn't cool.

Well did notice one really nice feature today on the way home. When it was navigating a route the veiw was dependent on speed. It only seemed to have three levels of zoom but still pretty nice that it automatically zooms in as you slow down and out as you speed up. The only thing I wish they would consider adding to nav would be to have it automatically switch to the maps screen when a turn is coming up.

Yesterday I had my first crash since the update. An incoming text message essentially froze the system. Chime rang, text message dialogue box appeared on the center screen and when I tried to hit "Listen," I got no response. Everything froze. The right dash screen displayed "Listen" & "Ignore" and I could select them, but nothing happened. A few seconds later, it rebooted itself and went through "Performing Scheduled Maintenance" progress bar after which, I was back in action.

Today on my commute to work, I noticed some song titles are not matching up to what's being played by my iPod.

Other than that, it works perfectly. :banghead: So Ford, thanks so much for the four good days I had with the new update.

Peace,

DM

I also had the problem with song titles not matching to what was playing on my iPod. As was suggested by another user here, I reset my iPod to factory settings, then synced it with iTunes. That seems to have cleared up my track title problems, as well as album cover issues I was having.

Well did notice one really nice feature today on the way home. When it was navigating a route the veiw was dependent on speed. It only seemed to have three levels of zoom but still pretty nice that it automatically zooms in as you slow down and out as you speed up. The only thing I wish they would consider adding to nav would be to have it automatically switch to the maps screen when a turn is coming up.

There is actually a bunch of zoom levels.. but I notice there is now a choice called "Auto". Maybe it was there before and I never noticed, but as you mention, slow down and it zooms in, speed up and it zooms out. Cool, just like my TomTom does.

I also had the problem with song titles not matching to what was playing on my iPod. As was suggested by another user here, I reset my iPod to factory settings, then synced it with iTunes. That seems to have cleared up my track title problems, as well as album cover issues I was having.

Yes, I know. Sadly, I am that other user & I am now back to mixed up song titles. :angry:

Peace,

DM

Yes, I know. Sadly, I am that other user & I am now back to mixed up song titles. :angry:

Peace,

DM

Grrrr. Well, that's disappointing. Again, I still don't know why it's so difficult to show the correct title and album cover for a song. The iPod has been around forever. iTunes never screws it up. My iPod never screws it up. Why does Ford screw it up? I guess I'll just look forward to when mine gets messed up again.

Grrrr. Well, that's disappointing. Again, I still don't know why it's so difficult to show the correct title and album cover for a song. The iPod has been around forever. iTunes never screws it up. My iPod never screws it up. Why does Ford screw it up? I guess I'll just look forward to when mine gets messed up again.

I think this actually happens when an indexing gets interrupted. I am usually able to reindex and get it back in sync.

I have my music on a 16GB USB. CDs are organized one per folder, all folders are root.

I select a folder and hit 'play all'. The entire album plays fine till the end. Then a message says to select a device. The USB button is still highlighted. If I select anything else then select USB again, I get a message to the effect that the device could not be found (or omething similar).

But if a go into search mode I'm able to select what I want off the USB stick and it plays.

I can live with the work around. What is annoying is that false message that the USB stick can't be detected.

Anybody else experience this?

There is actually a bunch of zoom levels.. but I notice there is now a choice called "Auto". Maybe it was there before and I never noticed, but as you mention, slow down and it zooms in, speed up and it zooms out. Cool, just like my TomTom does.

Zoom = auto is new with 3.0.2. My experience is that under 80kmh zoom level is at 100m, above 80kmh it goes 200m. And no, I didn't try 160kmh to check out the zoom level there :rolleyes:

I wish the zoom level would go down to 50m at speeds under 50kmh.

Zoom = auto is new with 3.0.2. My experience is that under 80kmh zoom level is at 100m, above 80kmh it goes 200m. And no, I didn't try 160kmh to check out the zoom level there :rolleyes:

I wish the zoom level would go down to 50m at speeds under 50kmh.

Where did you find the "Zoom = Auto" setting? I looked under the settings under Navigation on the touchscreen and couldn't find anything having to do with Zoom. Thx in advance.

Where did you find the "Zoom = Auto" setting? I looked under the settings under Navigation on the touchscreen and couldn't find anything having to do with Zoom. Thx in advance.

the

Hit either the + or - magnifying glass symbols on the navigation screen and it appears at the bottom of the pop up list of distances

Anyone else have the problem where the ETA for nav doesn't account for traffic in any way? (It used to give a good rough estimate before this "update"). Now, it doesn't even try. If it is 20 miles to work, it says ETA 20 minutes. Not 35 or so it did previously due to known traffic.

Also, in the Navigation settings menu for traffic avoidance I think it is called. If I select an option it doesn't save such as the "manual" or "automatic" settings. Everytime I come back to the screen it is back to automatic.

2012 Edge SEL purchased on 03/02/2012 Build date 01/20/2012 when the update was released I was told that my SD Card and USB drive was probably going to be sent to the dealer because the dept that was sending out the packages showed my edge was still in the dealers inventory. I brought it to the dealer and they did the update 2.11 to 3.02 and swapped out the A1 SD card for an A3 version. It took about an hour to complete and I was on my way thinking all was well. Then I had a black screen and a reboot with the performing scheduled maintenance message. Then the next day the system locked up with a still image of the rearview camera frozen on the screen for several minutes until it rebooted by itself. I called the dealer and they said to do a master reset and that seemed to cure the lock ups. now I noticed using Travel Link the traffic incidents are not loading and it gives the message no incidents reported when they are indeed several incidents in the area verified on a friends edge. If I do a master reset it will then load the traffic incidents but lose them on the next restart of the vehicle. Another odd behavior is if I select sports or weather and then go back to traffic the incidents load and then go away again. I also cannot change the navigation traffic prefferences. if I select to turn off certain icons or change from automatic to manual the changes don't save. Dealer blames Sirius and Sirius says it is a ford issue. I have wasted hours on the phone with sirius. Anyone else experiencing these issues with travel link traffic?

Anyone else have the problem where the ETA for nav doesn't account for traffic in any way? (It used to give a good rough estimate before this "update"). Now, it doesn't even try. If it is 20 miles to work, it says ETA 20 minutes. Not 35 or so it did previously due to known traffic.

Also, in the Navigation settings menu for traffic avoidance I think it is called. If I select an option it doesn't save such as the "manual" or "automatic" settings. Everytime I come back to the screen it is back to automatic.

Same issue I am having after the update. Are you receiving the traffic nearby or on route? In my case Ford dealer and Sirius are pointing the finger at each other. I am going back to the dealer in the morning.

Same issue I am having after the update. Are you receiving the traffic nearby or on route? In my case Ford dealer and Sirius are pointing the finger at each other. I am going back to the dealer in the morning.

I see the traffic along the route (red/green/yellow). However, accidents and items like that I have never had pop up save once since the update. That was only after I went to the traffic page on the system and it said "no incidents reported along route" or whatever it says. I then went back to the map and it asked me if I wanted to alter the route due to an incident... which it said wasn't there when I looked... and continued to say wasn't there when I went to check again.

My system has only locked up once since the update and it rebooted itself and been fine since.

In a related question, do the "red / yellow / green" traffic highlights come from the GPS system or from Sirius? If Sirius, does that mean when my subscription lapses, those traffic highlights go away?

Thanks,

DM

I see the traffic along the route (red/green/yellow). However, accidents and items like that I have never had pop up save once since the update. That was only after I went to the traffic page on the system and it said "no incidents reported along route" or whatever it says. I then went back to the map and it asked me if I wanted to alter the route due to an incident... which it said wasn't there when I looked... and continued to say wasn't there when I went to check again.

The travel link traffic is flaky after the 3.2 update. I can trick it into downloading the traffic incidents by going to one of the othe travel link categories ie. sports or fuel prices and then the traffic incidents reappear but soon disappear. The service tech couldn't figure out why it wasn't keeping the down loads so the service manager was going to order a new sync module.

My system has only locked up once since the update and it rebooted itself and been fine since.

In a related question, do the "red / yellow / green" traffic highlights come from the GPS system or from Sirius? If Sirius, does that mean when my subscription lapses, those traffic highlights go away?

Thanks,

DM

It's part of the travel link subscription service from Sirius. After the 6 mo trial with a new vehicle the cost is $5.99 per month for travel link with the traffic add-on.

The travel link traffic is flaky after the 3.2 update. I can trick it into downloading the traffic incidents by going to one of the othe travel link categories ie. sports or fuel prices and then the traffic incidents reappear but soon disappear. The service tech couldn't figure out why it wasn't keeping the down loads so the service manager was going to order a new sync module.

So, the next question is would that directly affect ETA in route calculation? Since, it should be using the traffic incidents and other data to calculate the ETA in the first place. I guess I need to go to the dealer and start complaining. Annoying though, since it will take some explaining to them just to get them to understand the problem.