MFT report your successful installations or problems

Sadly I had to pull 29 this morning. I could no longer switch to any sources other then Sirius or FM. Ohhh it would switch to USB and even show the curent song playing, art etc. But the sound would still be playing the Sirius channel. Shut the car off and back on multiple times... no go. Same for CD, AV IN and Bluetooth Audio. Finally after pulling 29... it works again.

So much for stability in the new upgrade.

Ohhh and while I am ranting... somebody else mentioned the brightness offset no longer worked. I can echo that problem as I like my screen very dark. I did notice it the offset works above the midway point... meaning it will brighten the screen with each step above halfway. But each step below halfway does NOTHING. :angry:

I am pretty sure I did a master reset after the install...then had a crash shortly there after. But since then it has been OK but I'll have the car tomorrow so I can confirm if there are any other quirks.

To those using a USB HDD can you disconnect your drive and try to modify the contents? First time I thought it was a fluke but just tonight I took the drive out of the car to add playlists that I forgot last time but the drive is write protected again. So now I am wondering if it is just my system or if they did this by accident. I hope they fix this because it is really agrevating to have to format then reload 60GB of music just to add a playlist or new album. If this is their way of cutting the indexing time they need to find another solution.

i actually prefer the steering wheel controls now, they function how they do in most cars, up goes to up and down goes down.

They go opposite for me:

Sir Chn 10

Sir Chn 20

Sir Chn 30

Sir Chn 40

Sir Chn 50

If they are stacked like that and I hit the "up" on the steering wheel control, it moves from Sir Chn 10 to Sir Chn 20.

Seems illogical to me.

right, real logical, if you are at 1 and hit up it goes to 2, up = add, down = subtract, makes sense.

if you are watching tv and hit the up channel button does it go down? no

Depends. With directv, up means go to a higher channel number, unless you're in the guide, then it means to move the cursor up, which is to a lower channel number.

Have the folks who have either pulled fuse 29 or the battery cable or did a master reset continued to have problems? I'm wondering if the software just needs a clean start after the install to get back in sync (pun intended).

I have never had to do a Master Reset until today. Did the upgrade with no issues, without doing one. But I have only had my 2012 since Jan ro so.

Wow I can't even express how disappointed I am in this Ford rewrite. Last night I confirmed that for the second time the system has put write protection on my USB HDD, but I also confirmed that there were nearly 15k tracks on the drive but when I connected to the MFT this morning I get just over 10k. I have no idea what is happening there. Also I could swear in the past if I browsed by artist I had a button to play all. If not for all albums at least at the album level. I don't have this anymore. Was also playing with nav and while I find the position accuracy is much better the screen write times are horrible. Twice when I got the prompt to make a turn I tried to switch back to the nav screen only to find the top of the screen (direction I am heading) blank. Luckily I know my way to work but if I were travelling in an unknown area this would be a major fail. I did notice that switching to the nav screen when the split screen isn't present seems to make the rendering faster. Was also trying to use voice commands and again this seemed to be a major fail. I thought in past revisions I could say "play artist" then artist name. This no longer works, I can say "browse artist" but all it does is bring up the screen with artist listing and stops the voice commands session. Am I just remembering wrong how this used to work? Could be the case since we haven't been able to use USB for months.

So with all these issues again I decided I needed to reset the system. I thought with 2.11 I had the choice of a restart and master reset. It seems with the rewrite I just have master reset. Again...am I remembering this wrong? Either way I did the master reset and tried to play USB. In the past it would play the first few tracks while indexing. This time it shows the meta data and album artwork but doesn't play, indicates it is indexing but never does. So I disconnected the drive, reinstalled it and got a message saying it was unrecognized. Tried again and got a message saying no USB, third time it saw the drive and started indexing but again doesn't actually do anything. I tried the other USB port and it just doesn't recognize the drive. So I think whatever write protection they put on the drive affects its ability to sync up after a master reset. Also when I tried to repair my phone it acknowledged that it was paired before and asked if I wanted to use the same settings. I clicked yes but it still walked me through all the steps...not sure if anyone else has seen this.

Overall I don't see how this is an improvement over the old software. I guess it is back to Ford for me and see if there is anything they can do to make this system useable.

Are you going to keep posting the same thing over and over and over or are you finally going to take it back to the dealer to at least attempt to get a new APIM?

Except for the known bugs most of your symptoms point to bad hardware and no new software revision is going to fix that.

Are you going to keep posting the same thing over and over and over or are you finally going to take it back to the dealer to at least attempt to get a new APIM?

Except for the known bugs most of your symptoms point to bad hardware and no new software revision is going to fix that.

You really need to take a step back....this thread title does include "problems" and what I posted were all new observations from this mornings ride. I also made it clear I do plan on taking it in for the dealer to look at. You also mention that most of my symptoms point to bad hardware...how does bad hardware write protect a drive? Or where has this been mentioned before? I haven't seen it even on the bug listing site. Your posts would be a lot more helpful if you tried to answer the questions I had so I would know if these features or functionality is supposed to exist. I would hate to waste my time as well as the dealers if I am just mistaken on what it is designed to do.

Dingo...you mention that USB works fine for you. Mine does play but have you noticed write protection on your drives? Do you have the ability to chose play all for an artist?

• Like 1

I am pretty sure I did a master reset after the install...then had a crash shortly there after. But since then it has been OK but I'll have the car tomorrow so I can confirm if there are any other quirks.

What do you mean when you say "Crash"?...a "performing System Maintenance" reboot?

Master Reset is not the same as the fuse pull or reboot. About the only thing reset used to do was trash all of your settings.

You really need to take a step back....this thread title does include "problems" and what I posted were all new observations from this mornings ride. I also made it clear I do plan on taking it in for the dealer to look at. You also mention that most of my symptoms point to bad hardware...how does bad hardware write protect a drive? Or where has this been mentioned before? I haven't seen it even on the bug listing site. Your posts would be a lot more helpful if you tried to answer the questions I had so I would know if these features or functionality is supposed to exist. I would hate to waste my time as well as the dealers if I am just mistaken on what it is designed to do.

I'm not discounting your problems at all. But your problems do not compare with others who have the upgrade. And we know for a fact there are bad APIMs out there and at least one case a bad APIM was replaced with another bad one before the 3rd one corrected the problems.

How can bad hardware write protect a usb drive? I've seen bad hardware do all sorts of strange unexpected things. It's totally unpredictable. Perhaps the APIM thinks it's writing to internal storage when it's actually writing to the USB device. Memory problems are totally unpredictable.

But how do you know for sure that your computer isn't write protecting the drive before it goes into the car? It's possible. Do what you normally do to update the HD and unplug it but don't actually plug it into the car. Plug it back into the computer and see if it's write protected. Then plug it into the car and see if you can reproduce the problem. This will tell you absolutely for sure whether it's MFT or the computer.

Your symptoms (compared to others) point to a hardware problem. You say you're taking it in but then you continue to blame the software which at this point is possible but seems much less likely. All I'm asking is you hold off on the kvetching until you get the APIM checked and/or replaced again because there is a good chance that will fix your problem.

• Like 1

Do you have the ability to chose play all for an artist?

i use a 16gb usb flash memory with nearly 3k songs. i can chose to play by genre (all artist) or by artist (either all his albums or just specific ones). I used to have issues when using my mac to prepare and transfer music to my usb device because macs by design also write hidden files together with each song that MFT reads and cannot understand thus displays corrupted images, a lot of duplicate songs, missing music info, unreadable mp3's, endless indexing, etc. All these went away after formatting my usd device using my Windows PC and did everything there from scratch.

I think MFT as a Windows system has better compatibility and integration with hardware and software that are also Windows based wether it be cellphones, music players or how mp3's are prepared.

I can double check the drive after formatting and reloading the music but I do recall disconnecting and reconnecting the drive a few times and didn't have an issue. Also I have several portable drives that I use regularly and have never seen any of them write protected. Also would have expected if my computer was locking it down it would also allow me to unlock. I have other encrypted flash drives (for work) and that is the way they work. Also the computer I am using is Windows based, but I can try another Windows based machine just to double check.

I'll do the test you suggest with a lot less music so I don't waste as much time indexing and such.

jRE...so when you are browsing and see a list of artist....you can select the artist and see the albums right? Are you saying you have another button that allows you to "play all" from there?

What do you mean when you say "Crash"?...a "performing System Maintenance" reboot?

Master Reset is not the same as the fuse pull or reboot. About the only thing reset used to do was trash all of your settings.

Sorry missed this post before...yes, if I recall correctly the system was navigating me home and I was trying to play with BT audio. I believe I had to press the BT audio button twice to actually get it to play but this time it did nothing and just sat there. No audio output, screen didn't respond to touch and eventually it rebooted with the "performing scheduled maintenance" splash screen.

Was aware of the differences between fuse pulls, master resets and reboots. Since I was having mild issues this morning I was hoping to just reboot on the fly but didn't see it as an option anymore so I tried the master reset. Was surprised to see they must do something to retain some settings since it recognized my phone as being previously connected...I don't remember that with previous versions.

Yesterday I had my first crash since the update. An incoming text message essentially froze the system. Chime rang, text message dialogue box appeared on the center screen and when I tried to hit "Listen," I got no response. Everything froze. The right dash screen displayed "Listen" & "Ignore" and I could select them, but nothing happened. A few seconds later, it rebooted itself and went through "Performing Scheduled Maintenance" progress bar after which, I was back in action.

Today on my commute to work, I noticed some song titles are not matching up to what's being played by my iPod.

Other than that, it works perfectly. :banghead: So Ford, thanks so much for the four good days I had with the new update.

Peace,

DM

Edited by Davom97

I can double check the drive after formatting and reloading the music but I do recall disconnecting and reconnecting the drive a few times and didn't have an issue. Also I have several portable drives that I use regularly and have never seen any of them write protected. Also would have expected if my computer was locking it down it would also allow me to unlock. I have other encrypted flash drives (for work) and that is the way they work. Also the computer I am using is Windows based, but I can try another Windows based machine just to double check.

I'll do the test you suggest with a lot less music so I don't waste as much time indexing and such.

jRE...so when you are browsing and see a list of artist....you can select the artist and see the albums right? Are you saying you have another button that allows you to "play all" from there?

I'm not in the edge right now but based on what i remember, i can chose browse music or usb device (that i sorted by folders - artist >album>songs). Chosing to browse Music shows me oftions for Songs, Artist, Albums, Genre. Chosing Songs shows all my music in the USB device. Chosing Artist shows me either option of chosing all their Songs or their specific Albums > selecting All Songs shows in alphabetical order all the songs from the artist regardless of album and selecting the first listed song plays all the artists music. Chosing Genre > plays all songs by all artist and all ablums of identical genre. Chosing Album > lists all the albums of all the artist that you can chose from.

I spend a while organizing my music library that came from my mac after i viewed them on my pc because the mac changed all the song titles and other song info even the album cover if it does not match its online database. I got mine now sorted in 5 genres POP (includes RnB and regae), EASY ROCK (alternative, new wave, etc), FAST ROCK (Guns n Roses and the likes), METAL (anything heavier than linkin park, etc), KIDS (luneytunes and disney) ;)

Must be something in the air. Today my iPhone didn't immediately pair getting into the car. On another short trip I had my "Home screen" displayed BUT none of the 4 corner info quadrants were showing, everything within the 4 corners were. An example is the radio station presets were there and usable, heated seat icons were there but I couldn't switch to the entertainment screen nor, navigation, phone, or even switch from my Sirius to FM or AM. I had to shut off the car, open the door, and then restart. At that point it went back to normal with the colored corners back