Chipster

Ownership Status?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What is your ownership status?

• I own a 2015 now
    • I own a 2016 now
    • I am going to,or have ordered a 2016
    • I am going to order a 2017

2016 Titnanium AWD 2.0 301A with trailer tow. All the reviews say the 2.0 has more low end torque and it gets better mileage than the V6. I've driven both and I did like the acceleration of the 2.0 better. It should also help for towing.

ACTUALLY.....Having put my share of 12,000 miles on a '15 3.5L V-6 powered Edge and a similar percentage of the 2200 miles on a '15 2.0L EcoBoost on-line 4, I agree, the 4 cyl pulls harder, downshifts less on hills, acceleration in normal city and highway traffic situations is better. Haven't seen the better MPG yet though.... Having too much fun with the better more usable torque!

The 2.7L EcoBoost V-6 is a even lower rpm engine with more HP & torque. I bet it would be fun to play with!

Edited by POWERSTROKE

ACTUALLY.....Having put my share of 12,000 miles on a '15 3.5L V-6 powered Edge and a similar percentage of the 2200 miles on a '15 2.0L EcoBoost on-line 4, I agree, the 4 cyl pulls harder, downshifts less on hills, acceleration in normal city and highway traffic situations is better. Haven't seen the better MPG yet though.... Having too much fun with the better more usable torque!

The 2.7L EcoBoost V-6 is a even lower rpm engine with more HP & torque. I bet it would be fun to play with!

The 2.7 makes the 4 feel like a kitten. After test driving both I had to get the sport!

I drive a 2015 Edge Sport Black 2.7L w/ 20" polished aluminum wheels. Every option except vista roof and adaptive cruise.

Wife and I have had two 2015 ford edge sports......first one we purchased in may leaked...so ford was really good about replacing it, and now we are on our

second Ford edge sport, both are identical other than the new one has a inception date of July 14, 2015.....and it does not leak.

We are extremely happy with the Edge....and have no complaints thus far.

Edited by cds71
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

HID is currently better anyway

I used to think HID were better, but now that we have LED on our F150, I might change my stance. Those lights are nice. Very bright, providing great visibility at night.

I would even venture to say that they are better than the adaptive HID headlights that were on my 2008 BMW 750Li. And those were outstanding...

• 1 month later...

Just picked up a 2016 sport in "Too good to be Blue", 21" wheels , and all extras bar the DVD headrest's , had a break from the Edge for the last few yrs , after owning a 2008 and 2011. So far very impressed by it . and glad to be back driving one .

post-39766-0-20613800-1455825574_thumb.jpeg

post-39766-0-20683000-1455825637_thumb.jpeg

post-39766-0-84890900-1455825670_thumb.jpeg

Edited by BVM
  • Like 1

I am surprised that there is such a variation in fit and finish. I went over every corner and the worst thing I found was a chip in the driver's side door paint probably from transport. In my opinion, this has been the best fit and finish I have seen from any car I've bought. No misaligned panels. I coudn't feel any defects in the paint. No scuffs in the soft interior plastic. etc.

• 2 months later...

No problems other than our Edge came without the Homelink visor it's supposed to have. Dealer will install it though.

Everything else looks very good. Just hope the roof paint holds up better than our Excursion's did. Gonna seal the roof/ hood paint.

Factory incentives on leftover 15s saved us many $1,000.

Edited by DRbillZ

• 3 weeks later...