Window vent visor

Hey Captn,

Friends have bought weather tech and very pleased with them. Years ago, one of my friends bought the kind that "glue on", and after a few years, car washes destroyed them, so go with the "in channel" style.

Joe

P.S. Where in northern Ohio R U ? Visit friends in Burton & Northfield at least once a year.

Thanks for the replys! I was thinking about spending the exter for the Weather Techs. Reviews on them sound a lot better then AVS.

Ā 

I am up on the lake in Bay Village. Burton and Northfield isnt too far from me.

Ā 

I have weathertech on my 2012 Edge and they are great. Also, have the front bug guard as well, would recommend both.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to get some vent visors for my 2011 Edge. I like the "in channel" style. I have seen. Weathertech and AVS brands. Does anyone have ether of these or a different brand? Is one better then another?

Thanks

-Kirk

Dont go with avs they are a pain in the a$$ i have them on mine and sometimes when its hot out i have to pull the guard out to get the window up

Yah definitely go for the in channel ones, I have the stick on ones all because it was in our deal with the dealer.

There has been nothing wrong with it so far except that it looks weird because the car is white and you have random black strips sticking on the outside. I'm pretty sure they're AVS also.

but we have other cars with the stick on and one time one of the visor just flew right off when we were driving :rant2:

Ā 

I also would recommed the bug deflector on the front. We got it not because we thought it would be useful, just that it would look like we had a "full set" of visors LOL :rockon: The deflector is also AVS.

I always thought that Weathertech just rebranded the AVS/Lund ventvisors. I've always had good luck with the in-channel AVS models but never tried them on an Edge. AVS does have really good cusomer service.

Idk about weathertech but a buddy of mine has a silverado with the same avs in channels that i have and has no problems im just irritated with them but leaving them on because i dont like the out channel kind

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

We recently released In Channel; Window visors for the Ford EDGE.

We manufacture these here in the good old USA (unlike a few other brands I wont mention, that buy theirs from overseas :headspin: )

Ā 

As a matter of fact we also manufacture the acrylic sheet used to produce these so as you can guess we control 100% of the process from concept to packaging.

Perfect fit and finish are just one of the perks of being a Tier 1 OEM supplier! Our retail customers get the same quality the OE's do!

Ā 

Here are a couple of studio shots up close long with profile shots so you can see how streamlined they are.

457363_305379462881266_728230053_o.jpg

IMG_9628.jpg

IMG_9604.jpg

IMG_9608.jpg

IMG_9607.jpg

IMG_9676.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I just ordered the front weathertech ones. I originally ordered the EGR ones for all windows a year or so ago and it seems the passenger side one shrunk??? All the others seem snug, ok for fit still.

I was driving home one day last summer with the windows down and hit a patch of bumpy road when the passenger side fell out.

Luckily I was in the curb lane and I saw it bounce off the road, do a couple of flips and land in someones front yard.

I turned around when I could and went back to get it.

Since then it has seemed loose in the channel and just last Wednesday as I lowered the window to clear condensation it just fell out as I came to a T intersection and part of the end had broken off. :cry:

I jumped out grabbed it, threw it in the back and put it back on at work

Later I told the wife...don't open your window...well this is unacceptable :headscratch:

So I'll see how the weathertech fronts go and update.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...