Jump to content

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Edge Platinum Member
  • Posts

    11,144
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    272

Everything posted by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

  1. Cool! Let us know if the problem stays fixed
  2. Seems to be quite large. I have heard of Dingo installing a 10F capacitor (http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/11316-help-with-trs-hid-wire-harness/page-2). So DDM wants you to solve this by yourself, I guess because it is a 55W kit?
  3. Welcome & congrats! Nearly the exact '07 I wanted Beautiful vehicle, are you telling a Cinderella story?
  4. Looking to upgrade your '11+ halogens to OEM-style HIDs? This just might do the trick (thanks, 12Edge): http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/13572-my-hid-upgrade-with-close-to-factory-lookoperation-for-80/
  5. Thanks for the very detailed writeup, 12Edge. I am sure it will be of great help to those contemplating a similar upgrade!
  6. Congrats & welcome! Good looking ride Driving an Edge can be addictive, so watch out!
  7. How about an MKT instead, Richy? You will get the extra room & still have a fast, good looking ride!
  8. Welcome & congrats! Getting those mods off your bucket list already You are right, lots of good info on this forum, and there is a How-To thread with links if interested.
  9. Where are you located, and can you post a pic of what you are seeing? From what I remember, at least in the EU, headlights aren't aimed directly ahead. If you are in a country where you drive on the left, headlights are aimed slightly to the left, and vice versa. This is done to avoid blinding oncoming traffic. http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html Has your Edge ever been in a collision, or have the housings been replaced? Those would be the most likely causes of improperly aimed headlights.
  10. 19V is way too high for the alternator output. Should be more like 16V per the workshop manual. What is the battery voltage? See if you can pull the codes first, but this diagnostic path probably applies to you: DTC P0563 — Charging system voltage was higher than 15.9 volts - CAUSES Bad battery ground High resistance A sense circuit Generator Battery PCM The diagnostic path listed is quite extensive. I attached a zipped TIF file to illustrate. The SJB should be checked out by a qualified technician, if it comes to that. 2007 Ford Edge Charging System Test if Generator OverVoltage W.zip
  11. The dome light looks the same, at least from the outside, as that pictured on your website.
  12. Thanks, Larry! Be happy & stay safe.
  13. Do mfrs still put VINs on the block so it's identifiable with the car's VIN code as original, Jared? Would that be doable for the owner, even if it is a "1 to 1" replacement? EDIT: VIN decoder for 2008: https://www.fleet.ford.com/ngtemplates/downloads/maintenance/VIN2008.pdf
  14. OP is selling his Edge products so he can buy mats for his Flex with the proceeds. EDIT: Nevermind, my bad. I re-read the post and saw the Ford allweather mats listed!
  15. Sounds like something shorted internally. Do your turn signals work? Windshield wipers? If all the fuses and accessible wiring look OK and haven't been drenched recently, I would suspect the Smart Junction Box (SJB) having an issue. Battery/alternator should be checked for voltages also.
  16. Let us know how you feel about the work done as time passes. Hope for a successful transplant
  17. Welcome & congrats, Woodster! Let's see those pix I don't think I have seen anyone (at least recently) raise their Edge or even talk about raising their Edge. An air suspension may be the way to go, people HAVE installed those, but my guess would be you would be a "pioneer" in this area. Something like this may work http://www.carid.com/2007-ford-edge-suspension-systems/readylift-lift-kit-3088337.html or http://www.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/61A3002A0A0.aspx. Do you have the 18" stockers?
  18. Welcome & congrats, gatorskye! No, it is not normal for HIDs to flicker, maybe increase somewhat in brightness over the first 30 seconds, but not flicker. The replacement ballast should fix that problem. Tell us more about your Edge, and add some pix when you get a chance!
  19. Great selection, Dan! Does the LED Dome Light/Bulb Pk fit 2007 also? Has anyone put the '11+ products on their '07-10 Edges?
  20. Good on you for being proactive about the issue! May the dealer see the light soon and get their act together.
  21. Wow! I am glad you made it through, Kona! That is one tough challenge to overcome, and am sorry to hear you had to part with your Edge. Good luck with the sale! Maybe we can meet up sometime as we are practically next door neighbors.
  22. I have never had the occasion to polish the glass, but Ceriglass is the name I usually run across on my travels through the web. I don't know if you could get away with cerium oxide powder and high grit sandpaper (wet sanding) on a dremel, if the scratch is really light.
×
×
  • Create New...