-
Posts
11,144 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
272
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Everything posted by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
-
If you are referring to the http://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/ site, the plan is through a Ford dealer, thus genuine. Internet pricing is generally significantly better, plus may have a no-tax advantage. As to whether they are the best price out there, you can search on this forum for topics regarding Ford ESP.
-
Good-looking ride you have there! I like to think of the Edge as a "lifted" wagon. Stylish ride with practical functionality, and I think, best of class (non-hybrid) mileage to boot! I am glad I got mine, it has been 100% invaluable to me as my DD.
-
Yeah, it's the fear of "What if I am the exception to the rule statistically and need all the repairs?" that keeps selling these warranties. On top of that, you have to know how long to hold on to your vehicle, and to keep up on scheduled maintenance.
-
Please join me in a moment of silence...
WWWPerfA_ZN0W replied to Dingo's topic in Audio, Backup, Navigation & SYNC
They say silence is golden, but... -
LEDs on deck! Looking good.
-
Welcome & congratulations!
-
Congrats & welcome! How did you decide on the Edge as your new ride? Put up some pics
-
Aftermarket Seat Filter for A/C Seats
WWWPerfA_ZN0W replied to richy's topic in Interior, A.C., Heat, Interior Trim
Sorry, I should have been clearer. The link is to the seat filter http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2011&m=Lincoln&mo=MKX&initSearch=1&keyword=filter# 19E880 (FS-104) My local dealer stocks it for $33.00, don't know why it is higher in Canada. http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-FS-104-Air-Filter/dp/B001CA9CN8/ -
Aftermarket Seat Filter for A/C Seats
WWWPerfA_ZN0W replied to richy's topic in Interior, A.C., Heat, Interior Trim
That was probably the cabin air filter in the glove compartment? This is what I found on Ford's website: http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/PartDetail.aspx?n=Eg6Bs7FNIa4eP%2f19hGULJQ%3d%3d&id=241911334&m=2&search=true&year=2011&make=Lincoln&model=MKX I am sure Benny at Levittown can order for you, but shipping would likely not be feasible. Local dealer? -
Collinite 845 lack of lustre
WWWPerfA_ZN0W replied to normcloutier's topic in Appearance - Detailing, Wash & Wax
Great link! Thanks for posting this. -
Welcome & congrats! Looking forward to updates on your mod progress
-
Well I most definitely didn't see this one coming
WWWPerfA_ZN0W replied to thirdgenlxi's topic in Lounge
Jeez dude! I am so sorry to hear what happened. The fact is that animals have little to no rights in this country, and comparatively speaking, you can get off with a slap on the wrist for outrageous acts like this. Hope he went quickly and peacefully, and hope you will find it in your heart to forgive the shooter, even though he may not deserve your forgiveness. -
Congrats & welcome!
-
If the tires and wheels are stock sizes, you don't need any additional kits or have to worry about "limited adjustment". Now, if you change to wheel sizes that run too close to the strut/spring or have an out-of-range offset, you may need camber bolts or other such kits installed. Typically, minor variations in wheel/tire size can be taken care of by changing the alignment accordingly, if needed.
-
Review: 3D Carpet and Upholstery Shampoo
WWWPerfA_ZN0W replied to MFdad13's topic in Appearance - Detailing, Wash & Wax
Seems to be quite effective Is it cost-effective as well? How does it compare to other products you have used? I usually use Tuff Stuff with agitation to get a long-lasting clean. Got to get me a GG with a carpet brush attachment! -
Haven't seen anyone come up with a power liftgate solution post-purchase. Supposedly quite expensive to do it that way. Would help if Ford had designed better struts for the manual liftgate. Takes way too much effort, even with aftermarket struts.
-
Welcome to the forum! Aside from Michelins, Yokohama Parada Spec-X and Toyo Proxes are well-liked tires for our vehicles. Nitto may have some good offerings as well.
-
Congrats & welcome! x2 on what Joe said. Look into getting the exterior polished/sealed to keep that shine on for a long time to come.
-
I believe that is their intended application, so hopefully they will be able to account for the heat from the high ambient temps also! This is the product I was referring to: http://www.amazon.com/DEI-010480-Cell-Saver-Insulation/dp/B000MY0MQ6 The specs on the site seem to be incorrect tho.
-
Most tire stores carry/can get the hub rings for you if you want them locally. And mostly, they would be plastic, some aluminium. Either works fine, people prefer plastic since that avoids metal-to-metal contact/corrosion issues. I had my mechanic procure them for me way back when for one of my rides, so I don't have a "reputable source" off hand. I do know you can find many Internet vendors upon searching.
-
Are you the original owner of this Edge? If the struts/springs are fine, they may not be mounted correctly, or the stops (determine the limits of strut travel) may be too short. Have you taken it in for servicing/inspection?
-
Ever tried the thermal wraps they sell on Amazon? I have been wondering if we could make 'em last longer with proper insulation.
