2013 Edge SEL Speakers

Hi Everyone,

I just got a 2103 Ford Edge SEL about 3 months ago and am looking to upgrade the speakers.

I would like to only change the speakers without adding an amp (for the moment). I have been looking online, but cant seem to find what sizes the speakers are (Crutchfield doesnt have 2013 Edge as an option etc...).

Anyone know this information and have any suggestions on what speakers to get?

Thanks in advance....

The Infinitys are a solid choice. The swiveling tweeters can make a huge sound difference in the Edge's low mounted fronts. Harnesses make it easy to utilize the factory speaker connectors. Pretty easy to just do the job yourself. Dingo posted some great pics of were to find all the door panel screws.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/9023-2012-door-removalspeaker-install/page__hl__%2Bdoor+%2Bpanel

Make sure to rotate the tweeters to the best position before buttoning her up!

Thanks for the info.

I noticed you added two harnesses. How do these get installed? Are these at the speaker or at the head unit?

Is it easy to install on my own or should i take it to a professional?

It really is very easy to install! I've never done it before and I had all of them installed in about 1.5 hours.

The wires I linked to have an oem plug that clips into the factory speaker harness and the other end has 2 pink/tan clips that you'll need to cut off, exposing the wires you'll place into the speaker crossovers.

Getting the door panels off are easy, once you find the hidden screws (under the window switch in the back doors and under the window switches and upper plastic door grip in the front).

There's no way you'll need a professional as long as you're comfortable removing your door panels (again, VERY easy to do).

Feel freeto ask away, we can always post photos to guide you along...

There's really only 4 physical speakers. The front factory speakers are two-way speakers, so ford considers them 2 speakers each.

Front door + rear door speakers = 6 Speakers, according to ford.

So, now I have an 8 speaker system!

Edited by candurin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They will work in the doors, you could leave the other stock speakers, Which I believe the other 6 would be the subwoofer, two tweeters on the a pillars( one on each side) and a center speaker in the dash. Not sure where the other 2 are, but maybe the rear doors have tweets as well.