Found a 'gently' used 2013 Edge Limited.

Roxy Bear

I finally found a gently used 2013 Edge limited. It has less than 7,000 miles on it and has that diamond white paint and the 302 A Package that I've been looking for.

The market price for this car says a little over $33,000 but this dealer has it listed for $35,600. The website I saw this car on said that it was a poor deal as it was $2,000+ over priced.

However, it's been on the lot for over 70 days.

It seems strange that a 2013 edge with that low of milage would be sitting on the lot for so long.

My concerns are:

-Maybe there could be something wrong with the car for someone to trade it in so early and that's why it's taking too long to sell.

-And the dealership isn't exactly close. I wonder if the dealer closer to me could actually bring that car over and maybe could get it for a cheaper price?

I just hope there isn't anything wrong with the car and I don't get locked into buying the car before I could actually take a look at it myself and give it a test drive.

It is a bit unusual to have a 2013 sitting on a lot for over 70 days with 7000 miles on it. It might have been a demo, service rental, factory buy-back, in an accident and after being repaired it was traded in, or just someone who after driving it decided it wasn't the right car for them. Sounds like the price of a Car-Fax or Auto Check might be worth it if you pursue this.

With the dealer asking $35000.00, that's not too far away from what someone could buy a brand new one for with all the incentives available. I doubt that another dealer could do a trade in order to get it just for you to look at it, especially if it's being sold as used instead of new.

If you feel it is what you want, and you are satisfied with the price, take the time and go check it out. It's a lot easier to deal in person than over the phone or by email on a used car.

If you can get the Edge's VIN, do a Google Search of the VIN.

There may already be a CarFax report posted somewhere on the Web.

Or, the Google Search search may show advertisements or dealer stock listings that provide you a better sense of the Edge's history, like if it went through any auctions, etc.

Good luck!

Thank you both for your answers!

I did search the VIN number finally and found CarFax was the only one that provided all the info I needed for free.

There weren't any issues reported, turns out it was a leased vehicle for only 3 months before being returned, checked, serviced and put back up for sale.

^_^

It might be the factory buyback AKA lemon. We'll probably have our Explorer bought back by Ford since we have a leak that Ford cant seem to find. Our little guy has gotten three ice water showers while being locked into his car seat in the second row. Anyway, I was informed that the car will eventually be repaired and resold through another dealership somewhere.

Oh wow. Poor little guy! :( I think the only real way to ever fix a lemon is to just to remove everything and start all over again.

This Edge that I found was from the same dealership I believe. The carfax showed that it was a 3 month lease, one owner, it was brought back and they did their inspection, cleaned it up and put up for sale again. Other than that it showed no other issues reported.

However, I do hope it's a factory certified pre-owned or at least do as good of inspection as they would do.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think it's odd that the cars has been there for 70 days. I wouldn't buy it, I would buy a brand new 2013 for that money. My window sticker had my edge at 38,000. I walked out paying 30,000 and even got a complete 100,000 mile warranty on everything except the leather, rims and tires. Also had a 2 year service plan included, they will cover all oil changes no matter the mileage on the Edfe for 2 years and any service it needs. Including windshield wipers which I thought was odd but a cool extra.

I don't think it's odd that the cars has been there for 70 days. I wouldn't buy it, I would buy a brand new 2013 for that money. My window sticker had my edge at 38,000. I walked out paying 30,000 and even got a complete 100,000 mile warranty on everything except the leather, rims and tires. Also had a 2 year service plan included, they will cover all oil changes no matter the mileage on the Edfe for 2 years and any service it needs. Including windshield wipers which I thought was odd but a cool extra.

Brock 79,

Yeah, I've decided to go with a new one. I'm now just stuck between diamond white and ingot silver with the black interior.

I'm hoping I can get a total out the door price of $37,000 - $37,500 for a Limited with a 302A pack. Maybe $37,600 with the cargo accessory.

Most likely will be a long shot as the sticker says $42,000.

Anyways,

wow! a 2 year coverage for oil changes and any service?

That's a pretty sweet deal! :yup:

Yea it's any service except for new tires. I got the ignot silver with black leather and an Ecoboost engine. I looked at the limiteds with an Ecoboost but hated the faux wood inside. I wish it looked more like the F-150 Lariats faux wood. They did a better job with that for some reason. I also bought a 2013 SHO, the top of the line model and guess what it has the same carbon fiber trim in it as my 2012 SEL. It wouldn't look right with the faux wood anyways. I believe the only thing the limited has over mine are the memory seats, power lift gate and the faux wood and some chrome trim around the windows and on the rear hatch. Other than that I couldn't find any other differences. A limited like mine was going for 41k if I remember correctly. I have a package on mine I can't remember the number, but its the 20" chrome, ambient lighting and roof rail package.

Probably a program car.

That's how I landed mine. There were a few 2013 Edge SELs with 10 to 20 thousand KMs (roughly 6 to 13 thousand MI) on sale at various dealerships in Western Canada at very appealing prices, roughly $26,000 per. After talking to the dealers, the one thing they all had in common was being former Mary Kay cars. Needless to say I scooped one up.

What I didn't understand is why Mary Kay would get rid of them so soon??

I believe the only thing the limited has over mine are the memory seats, power lift gate and the faux wood and some chrome trim around the windows and on the rear hatch. Other than that I couldn't find any other differences. A limited like mine was going for 41k if I remember correctly. I have a package on mine I can't remember the number, but its the 20" chrome, ambient lighting and roof rail package.

Don't forget the upgraded stereo system. That was a big one for me when I was comparing them. In 2011 (in Canada) the SEL lacked the ambient lighting, decent stereo, backup cam, aluminum sill plates and homelink.

Don't forget the upgraded stereo system. That was a big one for me when I was comparing them. In 2011 (in Canada) the SEL lacked the ambient lighting, decent stereo, backup cam, aluminum sill plates and homelink.

the Sony upgrade is not standard or at least wasn't standard in the limiteds when I was looking at them. I have the sync MFT system in mine with the backup camera, so there was no difference between the two. Like I said also I have the ambient light package(never use it) and I don not have the aluminum will plates, but they can be had fairly cheap if I wanted them. I did upgrade my stereo and planned on it anyways, it blows the doors off the Sony system any day in quality sound and volume. I used JL Audio for everything in my Edge. Got C5 components for the front doors, C2 6x8 for the rear doors, JL Stealthbox with upgraded 10W6 all ran off of a JL audio 900/5 amp. All wiring was upgraded of course.

the Sony upgrade is not standard or at least wasn't standard in the limiteds when I was looking at them. I have the sync MFT system in mine with the backup camera, so there was no difference between the two. Like I said also I have the ambient light package(never use it) and I don not have the aluminum will plates, but they can be had fairly cheap if I wanted them. I did upgrade my stereo and planned on it anyways, it blows the doors off the Sony system any day in quality sound and volume. I used JL Audio for everything in my Edge. Got C5 components for the front doors, C2 6x8 for the rear doors, JL Stealthbox with upgraded 10W6 all ran off of a JL audio 900/5 amp. All wiring was upgraded of course.

The 2013 limited models of the edge have the upgraded Sony system. It comes standard.

And the only models with the ambient lighting standard now are the Limiteds and the Sports, I don't think you can get ambient lighting in an SEL with any package.

:)

The 2013 limited models of the edge have the upgraded Sony system. It comes standard.

And the only models with the ambient lighting standard now are the Limiteds and the Sports, I don't think you can get ambient lighting in an SEL with any package.

:)

i was talking about 2012 models, but I would be happy to show you my window sticker showing my SEL with ambient lighting.

^ Oh, I see. If you upgraded the stereo it certainly lessens the differences in equipment.

I don't keep my vehicles long enough to even think about putting a dime into anything aftermarket, save Weathertech floormats.

unfortunately I put to many miles on my vehicles to lease them, I average 30k miles a year and one year actually did 58k miles on a car. I really don't want to see what the lease plan would look like or see the bill for the over mileage either. The end of next month will be one year with my Edge and it is at 16k right now, and I didn't really drive it until June.

I didn't say anything about leasing - I own mine. In fact, here in Canada leasing is only now making a comeback. And the rates are nowhere near where they were back in '07 when I last leased.

My vehicles hold their value as best they can by remaining in showroom condition... low miles (7,700 after almost two years) and maintaining a relationship with the dealer. I have been soaked before... when I traded my '10 GMC in at the Ford dealership in '11. I have come out OK when I've traded the same make.

i was talking about 2012 models, but I would be happy to show you my window sticker showing my SEL with ambient lighting.

Not sure how you managed to get ambient lighting in an SEL. It is not an option (from the factory) in the SEL model. We just got our 2013 SEL V6 and we placed a factory order, Ambient Lighting was not an option to include on the SEL list.

Wish we had it so I could entertain the kids...

I know, but I was saying about how they are now for the 2013's. I think ambient lighting should be an option for the 2013 SE and SEL just so some people, if they want it, can opt for that. :)

Not sure how you managed to get ambient lighting in an SEL. It is not an option (from the factory) in the SEL model. We just got our 2013 SEL V6 and we placed a factory order, Ambient Lighting was not an option to include on the SEL list.

Wish we had it so I could entertain the kids...

it was part of the equipment package that included the 20" chrome clad wheels, roof rack and ambient lighting. I think it was package 205 or 208, I have to double check the number but its in there. Not sure if its because I have an ecoboost and that made the option avaliable, no clue why that would matter though. I have heard of several SELs having ambient lighting though.