2013 SEL Price

LMBray09

So I'm in the market for a 2013 SEL in ruby red with 205A package and power lift gate. I'm having a hard time finding the one I want that doesn't have added options already installed.

I just got a sticker price that almost has what I want and I'd love to know what you think would be the best deal for it? I'm kind of new at negotiating so I would love for some help!

2013 Ford Edge SEL

Ruby Red

Black leather interior

205a pkg

Vista Roof (this isn't needed but already installed)

Power lift gate

18" chrome clad wheels

MSRP: $36,055

With negotiation and rebates...what would you think the lowest I can get for this is? I think there is a $2k rebate, $500 military and if I finance through ford, $1K.

So $2500 if I go through my bank and $3500 if I go through ford.

Help a new girl out? Thanks!!!

Welcome, even if you are not a member yet!

Using your info, I came up with a sticker price of $36875 for a front wheel drive Edge, and an invoice price of $34155 BEFORE any incentives. This was through http://www.edmunds.com/new-cars/ Your price given may not include the destination charge, or maybe the one you looked at is an older built unit and there was a price increase since, I don't know without more information. If you open the front drivers door and look on the post right in front of the rear door near the bottom, you will see the month and year it was built. One quick way to make sure your not looking at something that's been sitting on the dealer's lot for 6 or 7 months.

If you work, or you husband (if married) works for one of the companies I link to, you may be eligible for the Ford Partner Program or X plan. This is a set price by Ford (I believe .04 over the invoice price) and lists what fees the dealer and Ford are limited to charging on a new vehicle purchase through the program. I could not find my link to the Ford site but this is on a Ford forum. The list is 2 years old, but maybe you will luck out. I can find a newer list if you need it.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f153/x-plan-partners-275777/

Here is an excellent post from a new buyer just a few weeks ago. He was told he had to finance through Ford and make at least 4 payments in order to receive the $1000.00 incentive. That is NOT TRUE. He ended up refinancing with BOA at a rate more than 4% less than what the dealer charged him within 10 days or so. I can send you a copy of some emails I sent him with all the information about not having to wait to refinance, or losing the incentive. Read the four pages of his post, and I am sure you will find some good information there.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/11904-im-buying-a-2013-awd-sel/

Don't be in a hurry to do anything until you get some answers to all of your questions. It is your money and we want to help you save as much as you can on your new purchase.

Edited by ls973800

Thanks! The dealer came back with 31,785 without ford financing or 30,785 with financing. The window sticker says destination price is included.

Husband is in the military so I do not think he qualifies for the x plan but ill look more into it. We have USAA and I think they do zag? Not quite sure what that means though!

I suppose I'll have to dig further and look into it more! Thanks for your reply!

I was recently in your position and I chose to let go of the extra $1000 in incentives in order to get the lower interest rate. I was offered 4. something if I went with Ford to get the extra $1000 off and then 2.49% if I went with B of A and let the $1000 go. Sure I could have refinanced but I wanted to be done with it and didn't want to have to take out another loan, close this one and just require more time. I probably would have been charged more document fees to get a new loan so how much would I have saved in the long run?

I just figured it wouldn't be worth the inconvenience.

Your prices seem pretty good which appear to be with all incentives. You'll have to add in sales tax, document fees, tire tax etc to come up with your final price but you seem to be in pretty good shape with the price.

Good luck.

Mark

Zag is an auto buying program which is now known as TrueCar according to this link, and another link which explains them and some of the car buying services. They have been around for years under different names and do provide good prices to buyers. USAA is a fantastic company and they provide great services to their customers.

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111205/RETAIL07/312059956/1422#

http://www.kiplinger.com/article/cars/T009-C004-S001-how-to-use-a-car-buying-service-to-find-deals-on-n.html

The only other suggestion is to take the Ford Credit incentive of $1000.00 by financing through them. Make sure to check with any other banks or credit unions you deal with to see what their interest rates are compared to what the dealership is giving you. As I said, you can refinance in a matter of days, literally, and not lose the incentive from Ford.

Just make sure your other sources know this is a refinance. Some banks or credit unions will refinance it at a used car rate, some will still finance it at a new car rate. You will have to see what the finance rates are and figure out if it is best to stay with Ford or to refinance.

Mark94, the other buyer I linked to felt completely opposite of you. He found it was just a matter of signing some new papers with his bank and paying less than $100.00 in paperwork fees. The bank did all the legwork to pay off Ford and get the title reassigned with BOA as the new lien holder. His interest rate dropped (he had a credit score of over 800) from the 6.45% given by the dealer to 1.59% given by BOA as a used car!

Not a bad way to save an additional $900.00 ($1000.00 Ford credit incentive received minus the $100.00 charge to refinance), plus the additional savings from his lower rate!

Remember, Ford Credit gives the dealer the OK to finance the buyer and sets the rate they are willing to go. The dealership then can increase the interest rate charged the buyer in order to make more money for the dealer. They can go as high as they feel the customer will accept. Ford Credit themselves WILL NOT give an interest rate directly to a buyer who contacts them.

I had my outside financing all set when I purchased my Edge in July. I was going to refinance and do a little extra work to save $900.00 when the dealer came back with a 5% interest rate versus my 1.9% bank rate. I told the dealer my outside rate and they met it! If they did not, I was going to sign with them, and refinance within 10 days.

I gotcha,

I had researched for months, driven multiple cars and gone back to the same dealerships multiple times. My wife wanted it done and just wanted her new car.

Ultimately I may have been able to get a better rate if I had my bank quote me out for a loan but I was happy with the 2.49% (credit score of 825) I was given at the dealership and the final payment I ended up with.

At that point in time, possibly saving $900 wasn't worth the extra time to me and my family. I'll be throwing extra money into my payment each month and pay it off early to offset some of the difference.

In the end, it is up to each individual to go the distances they are willing to in order feel comfortable with their payment.

Hey everyone..I just wanted to update! I pick up my 2013 Edge SEL tomorrow! I ended up getting more car for a better price than the edge I mentioned above! Well technically, only added navigation. I got it for $31,318.

2013 Ford Edge SEL

205 A Pkg

Ruby Red Metallic

Vista Roof

Navigation

Power Liftgate

18" Chrome wheels

So thanks for all the advice!

wow thats great to hear! I was so afraid I wasn't getting a good deal but other dealers kept trying to push $33K and I kept pushing back as close to $30K as possible! This was the best offer over a month and a half and finally I just bit the bullet! Glad to know I got a good deal! The dealership I worked with were very kind and tried real hard to get my business.

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

At least there are others out there that know how to haggle the price down, I got my edge for 30k out the door and the sticker was 37,700. A lot of people don't believe and I have actually shown a few people the paperwork. Ford gave me an interest rate of 5.99% as well, I assumed it was because the lower price I got on the vehicle and I only financed the minimum of 7500 so I could get the rebates.