Poor Mileage (Ford Edge 2011 Limited)

taal2020

I recently bought a Used Ford Edge 2011 Limited Edition, 36000 KMS run. I am based in Dubai, UAE

I have so far got only 13.5 mpg in the city. Is this normal. From what i have seen online in this forum and other site, is that most of the people are getting atleast 18mpg for the 2011 version. I also have a the SmartLock feature enabled, where i cannot exceed 130km/hr. Does this impact the mileage.

Please suggest.,

That speed limit feature is part of the Ford MyKey system. It will not have any effect on the mileage. On the other hand, the slower you go on the highway, the better the mileage should be.

Your mileage is bad, but, do u do a lot of traffic driving? Do u leave the runnin running while stationary? These will badly effect your milage.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply?

I dont do much of traffic driving...I am based in Muscat, and traffic is much less compared to other GCC countries. What do you mean by running while stationary? Sorry for my ignorance. Can you also suggest how i can increase mileage like tuning the engine?

Fuel mileage for any one person is going to be so varied because it's based on so many different factors. I think it's perfectly reasonable to see a range for these vehicles anywhere from 10 to 30 mpg as no two driving styles, vehicles, atmospheric conditions, fuel quality, locations, etc., etc. will be the same.

It's also unreasonable to think that just because you have a 2011 Ford Edge Limited V6 AWD that you will get the same mileage as I do.

If you're trying to get better fuel mileage, try checking tire pressures, air filters, make sure you aren't carrying around any unneccessary acoutrements, adjust your acceleration style, speeds, etc.

Just my two cents.

Is that while driving at 90 Km/h? Straight line? I mean not going an uphill? If so, then 13L/100 Km is high. You should get 10 or less.

You say this is as displayed, have you ever calculated your economy manualy to check if the display is showing correct info?

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I also have a 2011 Edge Limited AWD 3.5L .. and like others have mentioned if you're aggressive with your acceleration you can almost hear the gas tank make a "boobunk" noise as the fuel leaves it at a fast rate. :)

40k miles so far and my average country/city 50/50 is 17.8 mpg. If I drive it like my grandma (god rest her soul) I have reached 21+ mpg on road trips.