NEW Photos & Movie Trailer - EDGE-2 Next GEN Daytime Running Lights

Great to hear your install went well and you're liking your new lights. Glad you like the parking light wiring configuration.

FYI, For those that may not know, it is perfectly fine to attach the white DRL trigger wire to the center parking light wire.

Do we just tap into that as well as the headlight or take it off the headlight and connect to parking lot wire?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, Just installed my EDGE-2 DRL last night. Have a lot if issues. Don't quite know what I did wrong but it seems that the DRLs are on FULL when I shut my Edge off!! When I turn the car on they seem to be really dim and no difference in brightness turning the headlights on or off. Just really dim. And like I said, when I turn the car off, the DRLs stay on and in FULL brightness mode. I followed the instructions to the letter, I think! No issues with the install except that I was missing page 4 of the instructions but I got the last part from the install video. I did have an issue with the fuse not fitting or being really tight for the fuse adapter part but it did go in. I really like these lights and I really wish somebody has some thoughts or help for me to work these issues out.

Many thanks!!

Damon

Are you sure you got the fuse in the right slot? Most of the slots in the junction box under the hood have constant (battery) power. Only a few have the required ignition switched power which will make your lights go off with the ignition. If you tapped into a constant fuse, your lights will be on all the time.

Yes, I did tap into slot 90. Even when I took the fuse out, they were still on but very dim. I emailed Dan at DTBL with the issues so lets see what he comes up with. Oh, I forgot to mention also that the turn signals in the EDGE-2 seem to both blink at the same time even if I'm just doing a left or a right turn. They also blink with a very low dim. Hopefully with everyones help I can get these lights working good!

Damon

Anybody else experience issues related to water? Last week on vacation, we had torrential downpours and street flooding (figures right? :() and one of the EDGE 2 lights went to solid amber regardless of lights or turn signals. So I disconnected them and left them until today at home. Now that they've had time to dry out, I reconnected them and now they work normally again. I'm going to get behind and check that the rubber grommet around the white and black wires hasn't come out of place but I was wondering if anybody else might have had a similar experience?

I

Anybody else experience issues related to water? Last week on vacation, we had torrential downpours and street flooding (figures right? :() and one of the EDGE 2 lights went to solid amber regardless of lights or turn signals. So I disconnected them and left them until today at home. Now that they've had time to dry out, I reconnected them and now they work normally again. I'm going to get behind and check that the rubber grommet around the white and black wires hasn't come out of place but I was wondering if anybody else might have had a similar experience?

I actually just had the same problem I t had rained last night and the next morning one of them had water in them and when on both colors where stuck on . I have had them on for like a month and I rarely drive in rain

Had some time and was surfing the forum. Saw your posts about the moisture in your EDGE-2s. I have had a few customers reporting moisture issues. My manufufacturer and I are troubleshooting it to find the root cause. We are both leaning toward the wire harness plug that is supplied with the kit. If you are having a moisture issue, please let me know. You can be sure that I will take care of you and will get you replacement kits right away. Feel freee to contact me at info@daytimebrightlites.com if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Dan Smith

• 4 weeks later...

New Photos and "Movie Trailer" for my new EDGE-2 Next GEN daytime running lights. We have our first online distributor / re-seller coming on board soon. Their website is www.DriveBright.com. The website will go live on May 6th. Orders will begin going through their website on May 6th. Stay tuned.

Which ones are brighter v1 or v2 DRLs?

Thanks

we are confident we have solved the moisture issue. We believe a bad plug connection in the back of the DRL was the cause. We have made some changes to the plug and are doing inspections on all DRL kits before they ship. We have also begun water testing by submersion and water spray.

As any one of the customers who had these problems can attest to, we back our products 100 percent and replaced all of the problem kits quickly.

quote name="Nicoleto" post="103232" timestamp="1380223502"]

Which ones are brighter v1 or v2 DRLs?

Thanks

the new version is as bright as the original version.the new ones also have a significantly wider viewing angle or beam spread. The original versions only had about a 45 degree viewing angle. The new version has close to 160 degrees.

I know Dan mentioned specs, but, as I have been a very fond user of both versions and have seen both of them illuminate my white garage door many times...

I think the v1 is perceptually brighter as it has a vertically concentrated single light pattern and more "group" focused LEDs. If you look at the beam pattern on the v1s, it is a single focused vertical hotspot. They are also closer to 4500-5000k in color.

V2s are definitely closer to 6000k (if not slightly above) in color. The light also has a much wider horizontal spread of individual vertical beams (imagine a prism) and therefore perceptually is not as bright. The beam pattern is much less "group" focused than v1 as they are really individual beams of light from each led.

Admittedly, I think the brightestt light (just my opinion) would be the v1 Phillips module with v2s amber turn signal.

It's hard to compare "brightness" as the beam pattern and color temp are quite different. Very difficult to compare apples to apples.

But, lets summarize... V1s were twice as much as v2s (thanks Dan! :)) and both are a tremendous improvement to OEM. You can't go wrong either way.

Again, this is just my $0.02 and you'd be prudent to buy any of Dan's products!

Edited by candurin

I was one of the first to purchase these. I have NOT installed them yet so the question is should I? What is the percentage of units with bad plugs?

Thanks

Hey Tom, Out of the 250+ EDGE-2 DRL kits I have sold, we have had 9 come back with moisture failures. To some that may not seem like very many, but one is too many for me. Tom, I will be happy to exchange your uninstalled kit for another one with the waterproofing measures applied. Just shoot me an email. (info@daytimebrightlites.com)

I know Dan mentioned specs, but, as I have been a very fond user of both versions and have seen both of them illuminate my white garage door many times...

I think the v1 is perceptually brighter as it has a vertically concentrated single light pattern and more "group" focused LEDs. If you look at the beam pattern on the v1s, it is a single focused vertical hotspot. They are also closer to 4500-5000k in color.

V2s are definitely closer to 6000k (if not slightly above) in color. The light also has a much wider horizontal spread of individual vertical beams (imagine a prism) and therefore perceptually is not as bright. The beam pattern is much less "group" focused than v1 as they are really individual beams of light from each led.

Admittedly, I think the brightestt light (just my opinion) would be the v1 Phillips module with v2s amber turn signal.

It's hard to compare "brightness" as the beam pattern and color temp are quite different. Very difficult to compare apples to apples.

But, lets summarize... V1s were twice as much as v2s (thanks Dan! :)) and both are a tremendous improvement to OEM. You can't go wrong either way.

Again, this is just my $0.02 and you'd be prudent to buy any of Dan's products!

C, your take is right on the money. I hate answering the brightness comparison question, because there really isn't a short answer. The beam spread really is the key. The v1 beamspread is highly focused directly in front of the car, but the light level falls off dramatically as the viewing angle increeases. I estimate the beam angle on the v1s to be at about 45 degrees, while the v2s are close to 120 degrees.

I just wanted to say thanks to dan for the great customer service . It's not to often you have a company go out of there way to make sure your completely satisfied with there product. Thanks a lot

I appreciate the kind words about our service. I want everyone to have an enjoyable buying experience with us and with our products, even when a problem comes up.

Hey guys, sorry if this is going to sound redundant, but I'm getting desperate to find this info. I have the Daytime Brightlites DRL Edge 2 kit and I also have HID's on my 2013 Edge Sport, and something isn't working correctly. I've been researching this, and I'm wondering if the dealership changed something when they added my HID kit that is causing the DRL kit to not work. Dan and I did some testing and I can get them to come on when I supply them with constant power from the positive battery terminal, or a fuse that's on all of the time (like the one for the rear seat releases, power mirrors, power seats, etc). However, if I use a fuse that should only be on with the ignition...nothing! Has anyone else been able to run an HID kit along with DRL pipes or the Edge 2 kit from Daytime Brightlites? Thanks in advance for any info!

There are two possibilities - either the EDGE 2 lights are defective in some way or they are wired incorrectly. I say this because the EDGE 2 lights have no direct connection to the headlights so HID versus halogen makes no difference. Yes, they are wired to dim when the lights are on but that's not the headlights, that's the running/parking lights (which are also on with the headlights). Make sure the white wire is connected to the parking lights and not to the headlights - especially not to the high voltage output between the HID ballast and the capsule (bulb).