Remote start will not start car

2013 Edge Ltd with factory remote start does not work. Had Edge for 2 months never really tried remote start.

Did what manual & key tag says. Hit lock button once and start button twice. Lights blink when I hit lock, blink twice when I hit

start, small pause nothing happens, then horn beeps once. But car does not crank or start. ???? Called and stopped at dealer and

they do not have any answers. Will look into and call me to see how to proceed.

Have tried all issues I could think of, valet setting, remote start enabled, climate changed ( last setting or auto), other remote.

Just looking to see if others have seen this and had it figured out or fixed.

I believe there is a setting in the menu that you enable/disable the remote start from working. You can find the setting under the ""Settings" menu on the left side of the dash using the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel.

Page 118 of my owner's manual shows the different settings, including enable or disable remote starting. I bet yours is set to disable.

Sorry for slow reply. Out of town not with Edge to test your responses. Dealer called and left message to bring in and they found out what to test, but most likely a bad module. Will try under hood first.

Thanks Will post fix when done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update........Day 2 at dealer. First phone call at end of day I was told after an exhaustive diagnostic routine....yeah right, they had to order a module.

Today late afternoon call, sorry wrong module came in. What do I want to do.Will give me a rental no cost. If he had looked I have first day rental in my

extended warranty. It's wife's Edge. She is pissed. Said another bad omen. Wants her old Explorer back. smh

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Spoke to dealer service manager yesterday. They say it is a module and is on National back order. Last spoke with service writer he said he would contact Ford area

rep and put in a Customer service call for me if I wanted.....said sure go ahead. Don't think it will help. We'll see. Still sucks though. Will wait and see.

If known problem how come not around for a 2013 Edge....14's almost here.

Ok. Got to say this is odd but, the wife said she just wanted to try and start the Edge with her remote.....Guess what IT STARTED!! What the hell.

So we start thinking maybe the emergency brake was not on before when it was tried. Took it off, still started. Thought it might be my remote was the issue. Went

and got my remote......started again. Have no clue, but will wait and see if it is still working when dealer finally gets module in. Little crazy.

Did not do anything differently than we did before. Wow. Technology.

• 1 month later...

SO FINALLY the module came in last week and Edge now has working remote start. Wahoooo. Only took 3 months.

Same thing happened with my 09 F150 power steering line leaked and no parts available and on National back order.

Also took 3 months. Must be magic number for Ford parts suppliers.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I know this is old post but none of the advice seems to apply in my case. My wife's fob works remote start, mine does not. Every other feature with the 2013 Ford edge limited remote works fine. I read about it not working after an alarm and that did happen so how do I reset or reprogram mine to work again? TIA

Edited by builder1
Request reply