K&N now has air filter for Edge!!!!

amandashook

I jus recieved an email notifying me that they now have an air filter available for the Edge. It is also used for the following....

2008 MAZDA CX-9 3.7L V6 F/I - All

2008 LINCOLN MKZ 3.5L V6 F/I - All

2008 LINCOLN MKX 3.5L V6 F/I - All

2008 FORD TAURUS X 3.5L V6 F/I - All

2008 FORD TAURUS 3.5L V6 F/I - All

2008 FORD EDGE 3.5L V6 F/I - All

2007 MAZDA CX-9 3.5L V6 F/I - All

2007 FORD EDGE 3.5L V6 F/I - All

Go to http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2395 to get one.

good news. Drove about 100 miles after install yesterday and just from that short trip it looked like we were getting about 1.5-2.0 mpg better than usual. 70mph driving saw an average of 27.5-28.0 mpg and 60mph driving saw 30! Both trips were with cruise on 70 on the way there and 60 on the way back 25miles each way.

With town driving factored in we averaged 24.6 for the day and normally we are in the 21-21.5 range.

Don't expect to much of a seat of the pants power increase though. It's not noticeable.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder why there is NO K&N air filter listed for the 2007 MKX?

As far as I know, the air filter used in the '07 MKX is identical to that used in the '07 Edge or '08 MKX - same engine and filter housing.

Oh, I DID give K&N a call and they insisted that I NOT try to use the filter availalbe for the '07 Edge or the '08 MKX - the gal on the phone stated that there could be a performance/warranty problem.

Go figure!

Ordered from autoanything.com for $38.50 plus FREE S&H. Already shipped, they provide UPS tracking, and should be here on 12/12/07.

They have GREAT pricing.

Damn!!! I better cancel my order and re-order form there! We have a long road trip for X-mas and can use the added economy(I hope).

• 4 weeks later...
Haven't seen any increase in MPG though.

No, you probably won't, But you will see an increase in internal engine wear, and that would show up in an oil analyst. But most of you probably don't take samples and send them off.

AutoAnything.com http://www.autoanything.com/brands/102A399.aspx

K&N Filter Recharge Kit (From $19.95)

K&N Air Filters (from $26.50)

So for the same amount of money as a good paper filter sold by Ford or any parts store, it's about the same amount of money for 100K miles, with the added benifit of no increase in gas mileage and Increased engine wear.