Just my luck

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry! However I think it is hard for an insurance company to total an almost new car (which means they appraise the repair cost is over 25 k), unless the suspension is damaged.

Considering that the Edge is a unibody frame, if the frame was bent or twisted in the wreck, it could easily total the car.

So sorry! However I think it is hard for an insurance company to total an almost new car (which means they appraise the repair cost is over 25 k), unless the suspension is damaged.

It's not very hard at all. My daughter had a 6 month old 2012 Focus when she rear ended another car. Airbag deployed, everyone was ok but the entire front clip, hood and fenders were pushed back about a foot. There was some damage to the engine but the rest of the car looked fine. Geico totalled it without hesitation and I got full replacement value.

• Like 1

I totalled a Toyota Tundra and Geico replaced it with a new one.....

BUT.....

When it came time to renew my insurance...Geico Denied me and I went with Farm Bureau...at a cheaper rate too!

And that was my only claim in 6 years with Geico......

Buyer beware !

You never really know. That was 3 years ago and no problems and no rate increases. Then again we've been with them for 25 years.

Shortly after my son left home and got his own Geico insurance he totaled his 2005 Focus which at the time was 7 years old. It only cost $16k new but Geico wrote him a check for $8K. Not sure if they would have cancelled his policy - he chose not to have a car after that. He lives in a suburb of Seattle and takes the bus or rides his bike everywhere.

Yep Gieco did the same to me because they thought I drove too many miles so I dropped everything including house and toy insurance and of course found better coverage at a slightly less cost. Thing about online insurance is you most likely are not getting a good deal.

I totalled a Toyota Tundra and Geico replaced it with a new one.....

BUT.....

When it came time to renew my insurance...Geico Denied me and I went with Farm Bureau...at a cheaper rate too!

And that was my only claim in 6 years with Geico......

Buyer beware !