keyless entry system questions

i am looking into buying a used edge sport. I like the feature some of them have where if you have the key in your pocket when you walk up to the car you can open the door without pushing a button. Is this called the "driver entry package"? If the car has the push button start does it have that feature also? Looking into buying a 2012, or a 13 at the right price.

• 4 weeks later...

I just purchased a 2010 ford edge limited and do not have the keyless entry code. How do I get the code. The number is not in the glove box.

to elaborate on what WWWPerfA_ZN0W said, when you take off the fuse box cover by where your left foot would be, I had to put my head on the floor and look up toward the back, there is a white sticker with black writing that has the number. The sticker is not labeled, it just has a 6 digit number printed on it.

I'm just hating these issues with this car! I'm using a 2011 Edge-practically brand new with less then 5,000 miles on it and so many issues with little things. So I found the factory code at the fuse box and after several attempts of putting it in over and over at some point it just worked. Felt very flukey as I had done the same thing over and over. Several days have gone by and I'm putting the code in and it's not working again! My code includes a letter at the end so it's 5 numeric digits and one letter. Has anyone else had this craziness?

I'm just hating these issues with this car! I'm using a 2011 Edge-practically brand new with less then 5,000 miles on it and so many issues with little things. So I found the factory code at the fuse box and after several attempts of putting it in over and over at some point it just worked. Felt very flukey as I had done the same thing over and over. Several days have gone by and I'm putting the code in and it's not working again! My code includes a letter at the end so it's 5 numeric digits and one letter. Has anyone else had this craziness?

Ive had zero problems. Found the factory code, put it in, changed to my personal one first try and it has worked flawlessly ever since. I usually hide my key in the car when I go hiking, and use the keypad to lock/ unlock the door when Im done . Hasn't failed me yet, My code only has numbers so dont know where the letter is coming from. Maybe someone more knowledgable can help with that one.

Marikathryn, is the battery original to the Edge? Having it checked out professionally or with a professional tester would be the first thing I'd recommend. A lot of flaky things happen when the battery starts to give up the ghost. 2-3 years is a popular replacement interval for batteries supplied with the vehicle.

It's just five numbers, no letters. Like akirby said, enter a little slower. It the code doesn't take, wait a few seconds before attempting it a second time.

After you master this, consider entering your own personal code. Enter the factory code and after you get a confirmation, press the the 1-2 button on the keypad. Then enter your personal entry code.

Don't use your home address, telephone number or anything common to yourself. One of the neighbor kids can guess this and, once in the car gain access to the factory code in the fuse panel. (It happened to someone else here in this forum).

You must enter each digit within 5 seconds of each other or it will reset. To enter a personal code and activate the memory recall feature (seats, mirrors adjust) after you enter your new personal code, press the 1-2 button for driver number one or 3-4 button for driver number two. If you programmed the entry code properly, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I just got my 2013 Edge and the dealer did not give me the Factory code. Checking the fuses ox I saw only one sticker having 5 digits followed by a letter. I tried entering it with no luck.

Any advise before going back to the dealer?

Thanks a lot

I could never deal with a key again after using keyless entry and pushbutton start for 3 years. Pushbutton start was #1 on my must have list when I went vehicle shopping.

Same here. I used to complain to my wife that I had to actually take the key out of my pocket and insert it into the dash when I drove her car.